The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impression Vanish by Peter Boie (53 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Shipping today at Penguin http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10891
P3
practice practice perform.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2018, mikenewman wrote:
LMAO!!!!
You guys really 🤔 it’s the ✏️!!!

I’m not ☝️ for revealing methods.

But I can’t help it.

The table has a flap. That’s the sound you’re hearing.
He sends you a hinge. You can just buy ☝️ at any hardware store.

It’s not hard to cut the hole needed. Just google how to cut a 1 inch square.

I’m sorry to openly reveal it. But you guys were making me 😆 thinking so many other 💡 s

Your welcome

Mike

I can't believe you revealed this! Also, I cut the hole like you suggested in my mother's antique table, and she is ****ed! It's ok, though, cause I blamed it on my sister.
Santie321
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Santie321
Why does it look like the pencil took the coin away 😒
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2018, garys wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, garys wrote:

Could this be combined with the nest of wallets?

IE you vanish a signed borrowed coin and it appears in the nest of wallets.

I have just spoken to Dominic at MagicShop.co.uk. He says that I can use it with the nest of wallets. I just placed my order.

Hmm . . . OK, . . . because . . .

Quote:
On Sep 16, 2018, pegasus wrote:

Do whatever you want. The heat is on the piece of paper.

Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
"Borrow a penny from a spectator. "
This was totally unnecessary in the description of the effect.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
wanderwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
Looks very good indeed, That loud c#### on the old video puts me off a bit.As usual I'll wait for reviews coming in.
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
179 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
He clearly states in the demo video you get a gimmick while the video shows a close up of the pencil, coin and notepad. So the gimmick is either one of those or a combination. I don’t think they are trying to hide this fact-seems transparent to me. This does look really good!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I guess I’m a terrible guy but method aside, making a penny disappear from under a piece of paper doesn’t seem thunderous to me.
pierre888
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of pierre888
Hi. will this work with non-US or non-UK coins? I was hoping to get this but use it on local coins... but not sure if it has special coin requirements... (have a hunch though)... thanks.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
I have been waiting 5 years for it's availability !
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2018, pierre888 wrote:
Hi. will this work with non-US or non-UK coins? I was hoping to get this but use it on local coins... but not sure if it has special coin requirements... (have a hunch though)... thanks.

Where are you based? It works great with Euro coins too. If you cointact your preferred dealer (or pm me) they can run through which coins will work best in your country and good presentations for them.
There are considerations.. for example, you don’t want to use too thick a coin. Size and level of print to ‘rub’ ’are also important to get right etc etc.

I like the idea of the lowest value coin, and keeping it at the end
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Is 1.9 mm thickness acceptable?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, ash2arani wrote:
Is 1.9 mm thickness acceptable?

Hi Ash

The instructions will teach you which coins are best to use and what considerations to look out for. That’s part of the knowledge that owners have paid to receive. If you are not sure if your countries coins are going to be suitable, your favourite dealer will guide you prior to purchase as that’s a reasonable request.

Personally, I prefer using coins that have a portrait... I like the story aspect of that. For an entertaining routine point of view, I don’t think you even need to stick to your currency, or borrow a coin... an interesting coin with a charming story might go down very well.

So to recap
US, UK and Euro customers will have no problem. If you want to use a coin outside of those, just run it past your dealer when you order so you are 100% covered and looked after.

That a fair answer?

Dominic
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Thanks Dominic for your answer Smile
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
You could possibly do this using 'Control' by Darryl Vanamburg (the stuff in that set). I might try that with the wife before investing in this.
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Potential for combo effects. For example: Start with Impression (or similar), follow with coin to nest/box/etc (so coin disappeared and appeared in box/wallet), the conclude with a bender effect (QB, etc). You can justify the bender by saying "Well perhaps you may think I'm using duplicates, so for this last effect, please sign the coin". So bang disappeared, bang all tied up in this maze/box, bang the coin gets a bend. Someone mentioned Sharpie Quickie (can do that as an additional effect before the bender).

Keeps them from thinking too much about what you previously did.

Or how about this for a routine:
Buddha Papers (open them up, show and leave open, and say we will come back to that later).
Impression Vanish
Close up Buddha Papers, make coin re-appear
Sharpie Quickie
Bender for closure.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Mines just arrived very pleased with it
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
I can't get the video instructions to work. The written instructions seem to be leaving something out because there is no way his hand could be back so fast dipping his finger in the water. Also, it is somewhat misleading to show a close up on the paper because if you tried to recreate as he does it, everyone would see how the trick was done.
thejavman
View Profile
New user
SC
16 Posts

Profile of thejavman
I've watched the demo over and over and there seems to be something missing. He claims that he never uses any sort of trick photography. I believe him. He also said he put a lot of work into this to make it good. I believe him 100%. I am just a bit concerned with not been able to see the big picture. It is definitely an awesome effect and I plan to get it soon. I guess I need to read some more responses now that it has shipped out.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
I like this.. will take some practice to get it looking nice and smooth, it’s worth the practice because it’s really good. I’m not using water I give them the pencil and tell them to tap the coin once and let them lift the paper... ending totally clean.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impression Vanish by Peter Boie (53 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL