The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Vernet Classic TT (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7763 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Well said, Henry! I haven't seen you on the Café in eons!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7763 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Will! I own the only double ended vernet in existence!
will lane
View Profile
Regular user
Will likes to post so he has made
177 Posts

Profile of will lane
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2018, Dick Oslund wrote:
Will! I own the only double ended vernet in existence!
Isn't that just a dye tube? Smile
--
Just a reply to some recent comments: A considerable amount of people that I have performed silk+TT work for before know something or another about these "fake thumbs". I've heard it said that "Even if they do know how it is done, if you perform it well enough people won't think they see it- adding to the illusion. They'll be looking for the TT and when they don't find it, because of your good performance, they'll be baffled".

There is a degree to which I think that is true. But I think there is also a degree to which I don't. I'm not really sure what side I lean towards. I don't think I perform it the best, but surely I'm not so awful as to be giving the audience a tutorial on silk+TT magic. Maybe I'm not good at all and I need to practice. Well, I do know I need practice, though.

The TT I've landed on for know is actually some random TT from China. I ordered a bunch of random TT's from China, and they didn't include any tracking info or branding. It has a reasonable size and matches my skin nicely in most light.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of Julie
It's sounds like it's time you looked into a finger tip and/or a sixth finger...

Julie
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7763 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Nope! It's a "double ended TT!

TTs are made in a machine that makes two at a time. Then they are cut in half to get two TTs.

I was helping Tom Ladshaw unpack several hundred, and found one that "missed" the 'cutter'!
Dan Ford
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Thumbs up Dick!!
HenryleTregetour
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of HenryleTregetour
Dick Oslund wrote: Well said, Henry! I haven't seen you on the Café in eons!

Yeah, I have been doing other things. It's a little more complicated than that--I was working on cup and balls, performed before a friendly (magician) audience, and got stuck, and only recently figured things out.

I have been a lot more music lately. Beyond the recorders, I did a lot of work on my lap harp, a bladder pipe, a double recorder, etc. In September I bought a hurdy-gurdy (!) and I've done some work on it. It's only been since the beginning of December since my mind has been able to focus on magic, and I am getting better at focusing on a few tricks rather than trying to grab at everything. Maybe I might even had a video in the near future.

More on target for Will Lane--I think I said it before, silks are the obvious combinations for TT, but there are so many other less obvious things that could be done. One of my favorites is disappearing and reappearing salt. Drop the silks (which I thought looked good) and try some of these others--that way you can gain confidence and later go back to the silks.

Just an idea.

Henry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Vernet Classic TT (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL