The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » You Chose Wisely by Adrian Fowell (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
327 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, John C wrote:
I've never found the acaan to be a## kickin enough to bother with or "learn the math"

I think magicians love this premise more than specs.

God bless the cats that come up with these ideas though. They advance the art.

I agree with you, with us liking it more than specs, but when the Berglas MBE write up in the Guardian quotes ACAAN as his signature effect and calls it out Holy Grail, I think we maybe undervalue it. I love the effect, but get that it can be quite dry.

I put up a very basic demo of YCW on its product page by the way. Thanks to the PM'er in Spain that wanted to help me but is too far away.
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
The link for the demo on the product page doesn't seem to be working. Is anyone else having the same problem?
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I bought this and not happy with it, worst I have in my arsenal of ACAANS and going right to the bottom drawer.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
327 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, Your Thinking Cap wrote:
The link for the demo on the product page doesn't seem to be working. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Works now
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
327 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, leosx1 wrote:
I bought this and not happy with it, worst I have in my arsenal of ACAANS and going right to the bottom drawer.

Oof. I'm sorry you don't like it. Drop me a PM and I'll sort something out for you.

Cheers
Adrian
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
327 Posts

Profile of drawfull
For those that don't want to click through, the link I mentioned above to the demo of the effect is https://youtu.be/WsWxAt2ZxGs - I don't know how to embed it here.

Regardless of the lack of presentation, it shows the worst the effect can go but should give an idea of the time needed to get ready for the move. Obviously there is no misdirection, so if your hands are burning, it shows what they see. Ignore the 'coming soon', I did this in the summer.

Product link is in my signature, if you're so inclined.

Happy New Year all

Adrian
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2018, drawfull wrote:
For those that don't want to click through, the link I mentioned above to the demo of the effect is https://youtu.be/WsWxAt2ZxGs - I don't know how to embed it here.

Regardless of the lack of presentation, it shows the worst the effect can go but should give an idea of the time needed to get ready for the move. Obviously there is no misdirection, so if your hands are burning, it shows what they see. Ignore the 'coming soon', I did this in the summer.

Product link is in my signature, if you're so inclined.

Happy New Year all

Adrian

Thank you for the performance video:
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
327 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Thanks for embedding it; I'm technically inept it seems.

Happy new year!
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1810 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Great job on the video drawfull.

It's now been a few months since the release of "You Chose Wisely", and people have had a chance to get it and try it in the real world.

Are people still using this, and what do you think of it?
matsam
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matsam
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, EndersGame wrote:

It's now been a few months since the release of "You Chose Wisely", and people have had a chance to get it and try it in the real world.

I pulled it out at xmas, after a few months on the shelf, and the gimmicked deck/box didn't perform for me any more. Not sure if all the recent rains around here led to humidity, causing some minor size changes or what, it does seem sensitive to box fit. Anyhow, I really love the concept here, very clever and fast, but my deck no longer seems usable. Will pull it out after a few more months and try again.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
327 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Matsam,

I had another user report humidity last September time as creating an issue, similarly after a prolonged period of rain. Whilst it may rectify itself, I'll gladly send a new one across if you wish. Please send me a PM with your address.

Thanks
Adrian
matsam
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matsam
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, drawfull wrote:
Matsam,

I had another user report humidity last September time as creating an issue, similarly after a prolonged period of rain. Whilst it may rectify itself, I'll gladly send a new one across if you wish. Please send me a PM with your address.

Thanks
Adrian

Top-notch support, as always, Adrian. Thanks for the offer!
Brad Ballew
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
98 Posts

Profile of Brad Ballew
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, EndersGame wrote:

I haven't been using it because I recently created my own new ACAAN that fits me the best and is super clean. However, "You Chose Wisely" is still a great effect and practical. It's not too often that you see someone use a well-known tool in such an unexpected and clever way. I think we often forget that we can leverage what we already have/know in new ways. This is a great example of thinking outside the box.
Brad Ballew
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
98 Posts

Profile of Brad Ballew
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, drawfull wrote:
Matsam,

Thanks
Adrian

Good news is that this is something that is easy to fix on your own. In fact, I made a second deck just for kicks after I bought mine.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
327 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Thanks for the kind words Brad. I think Smile
Brad Ballew
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
98 Posts

Profile of Brad Ballew
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, drawfull wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Brad. I think Smile

Most definitely. Although it's not the ACAAN I use, I will always recommend it. My ACAAN takes up too much pocket space for most working professionals and isn't really a practical recommendation. But it works for me and how I operate.

Yours is very practical and easy to maintain if you have the right tool... Which most card magicians do. It's very clever thinking. Smile
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
327 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Cheers Brad, I was just being tongue in cheek - I'm glad you like it

All the best,

Adrian
imacmagic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of imacmagic
I'm a huge fan of this... I own Meant to Be by John Born and A.A.C.A.A.N. by Asi Wind... You Chose Wisely IMHO is a significant improvement on both in terms of ease of use once you need to do the dirty business. If you want a completely zero math, fully justified addition to You Chose Wisely, PM me and I'll send you a link to a little something that eliminates all math.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
327 Posts

Profile of drawfull
As a heads up, YCW is currently on sale, 30% off, through July 4th. Ships 5th.

https://qmagi.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fyou-chose-wisely

Cheers
Adrian
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
327 Posts

Profile of drawfull
24 hours left for the discount

Cheers
Adrian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » You Chose Wisely by Adrian Fowell (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL