The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Frozen in Time, High Tech Version by Masuda (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
844 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Pleasure to be of help! PLEASE measure your distance for transmission and let us know your findings and what batteries you are using for the AA's. Thank you Dr. O!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Dr. O
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
229 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
I'm traveling at the moment but at my first opportunity I will try different batteries and report my findings. Thanks again gentlemen.
petegrimaud
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of petegrimaud
Also received mine from SEO magic this week and I must say think this is a wonderful piece of kit.

It works great and can transmit over 8 metres no problem with the batteries supplied.

Thinking as a former electronics engineer, if some of you are having a problem with it only

transmitting over a short distance I'd be looking at the transmitter (emitting a weak signal) rather

than the receiver which is supposed to be looking for the transmitter all the time according to the

video link. It might be worth mentioning in my experience the quality of CR2032 batteries can

vary as well.

Hope that helps.

Peter.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1454 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Does anyone know how to get in contact with the manufacturer of this.

My unit acts crazy.

Sometimes it's fine, sometimes I get a constant transmission error on the remote.

I put fresh, ultimate lithium batteries in it, nothing, still a transmission error.

Sometimes I hear a high-pitch sound coming out of the unit.

Anyone have any ideas? I paid a lot for this, and right now I would not trust it in performance.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2226 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
On Oct 14, 2018, Al Desmond wrote:
Sometimes it's fine, sometimes I get a constant transmission error on the remote.

Same thing here. The error message appears when the remote is further from the box... It usually doesn’t work over 5 feet (or 2-3 feet if finger palmed) and I get the transmission error messages 1 and 2.

I put fresh, ultimate lithium batteries in it, nothing, still a transmission error.
Same here. I’ve tried Super Lithium Energizer batteries, both in the box and transmitter, and the result is exactly the same.

Usually, this happens if you don’t insert the batteries in the proper order. You have to put the two batteries near the red dot first.

Anyone have any ideas? I paid a lot for this, and right now I would not trust it in performance.
I have contacted Hocus Pocus (the retailer) and got a reply from Murphy’s (the distributor). They offered me to return my unit to my retailer so they could send me a replacement once available. I hesitate, since I notice that most of the buyers have the same kind of limitations so far...

Simon
Magic Wagon Secret Sessions thread : Table of contents
petegrimaud
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of petegrimaud
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2018, Al Desmond wrote:
Does anyone know how to get in contact with the manufacturer of this.

My unit acts crazy.

I'm guessing you didn't buy it from SEO magic as mine came with two helpful video links to

instructional videos.The website is www.masudas-atto.com but the "high tech version" doesn't seem to

be listed. Personally I'd get back in touch where you bought it from..
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
What if he bought it from a Café member? If anyone here knew what was up (one would think), they'd have said it by now. . .
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1454 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2018, afinemesh wrote:
What if he bought it from a Café member? If anyone here knew what was up (one would think), they'd have said it by now. . .

Yes, I purchased it from a Café member.

It's spotty, it works, then doesn't work, and from what I gather, there has been numerous posts about this product having issues.

I guess I ate $300, since I didn't buy it direct from a dealer.

What bothers me most, is the person who sold this to me must have know that it has problems. It didn't just suddenly develop a problem during shipping.

Should I contact Murphy's directly?
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2655 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Is the type of lucite frame used here common?

It might be a cool convincer to have other photos openly displayed in such a frame before the big reveal.

I did a search of lucite frames on Amazon but could not find any that match.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1454 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2018, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Is the type of lucite frame used here common?

It might be a cool convincer to have other photos openly displayed in such a frame before the big reveal.

I did a search of lucite frames on Amazon but could not find any that match.

It might be cool if these things worked.

Murphy's talks about making things right when/if they get a new batch, but I don't see any evidence that any dealer, or Murphy's, expects a new batch anytime soon.
nabellezza
View Profile
New user
Italy
1 Post

Profile of nabellezza
Thank you all for this very interesting thread.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
Hookland
441 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Don’t think I’ve put something on my Christmas list that has come back off again so quickly! Sounds like a fantastic effect but won’t risk buying until all those with problems have come back to say their issues have been solved and they are happy.
Still hoping for a full Gutenberg
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2226 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, Bogbadger wrote:
Don’t think I’ve put something on my Christmas list that has come back off again so quickly! Sounds like a fantastic effect but won’t risk buying until all those with problems have come back to say their issues have been solved and they are happy.

My replacement unit is supposed to be on its way... I will keep you informed ASAP.

Simon
Magic Wagon Secret Sessions thread : Table of contents
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
Hi Guys,

Now its back in stock and ready for shipping at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......o-co-ltd

Best,
Tom
magic259
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magic259
It's good to know.....but has anyone receive confirmation that the problems have been fix with this new batch?

Bogbadger, like you it was on my Christmas list and off again in a flash.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
Hookland
441 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
I have learnt over the years to trust Al Desmond’s views and expertise implicitly so will be happy to pop it back on Santa’s list when Al’s frown ☹️ has been turned into a smile 😃
Still hoping for a full Gutenberg
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
Do you think this might be an updated version that Mystique are selling? I do like the look of it but a bit concerned with some of the comments on here re reliability.
Dr. O
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
229 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
I've finally had a chance to play with this. I too am concerned by the issues some folks are experiencing. I placed new Duracell Duralock Alkaline AAA's and didn't change the button battery for this round of testing. From the pocket I was able to get consistent results from 5 feet and 12 feet. Perhaps there has been a change with the new units? I'll run another round of test to check the farthest distance that I can get reliable (a dozen times in a row) hits.
FWIW some of the tries were not line of sight. Hope this helps or at least gives some encouragement for those who are having issues and hopefully there is a simple solution.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1454 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
I received a call from Murphy's today, they are replacing my unit with one that just arrived in a new batch from Japan (or wherever).

I want to set something straight, I wasn't trying to imply that the person I purchased this from knew there was a problem, all I was trying to say that I got it from a Café member and there was a problem.

The Café member worked with me and Murphy's to make sure I got a replacement as soon as possible.

I will report back after I get this new unit.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1030 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I love the looks and idea of this.

But yeah.
For this amount of money. Actually, any amount. For the product to not function. Not good

I’m waiting on this one.
Thank you everyone for feedback
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Frozen in Time, High Tech Version by Masuda (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL