The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Art Of Palming by Javi Benitez (The guy who fooled P&T with a palm) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
If you’ve got people watching your sleight of hand, you’re doing it wrong.

Written into the laws of card technique, smooth beats speed every time. That’s fact. The idea is to make your sleight of hand look like ANY natural movement. And that natural movement needs CAUSE to be there at the time it’s performed. A reason for the movement.

And that’s why Javi’s sh!!t goes past EVERYONE.

Natural. Fluid. Nothing to look at.

The first time we met Javi Benitez he fooled the Ellusionist team with a simple 'card to pocket' ….5 times in a row. His palm is so fluid, it moves through the cracks in your brain and you CAN’T see it.

And that’s the only reason for Penn’s outburst on the 'Fool Us' set. Even Penn and Teller, with as much as they know, were unable to visibly see Javi’s sleight of hand. He won the trophy with palming.

In life, there’s a saying, to learn and absorb from the best. This full more than hour long treatise will have you performing better all-around moves and magic, not just palming. Pick up Javi’s thoughts and thinking patterns toward palming and it will make your moves automatically smoother, more invisible. Plus, you’ll get the fine tuning of Javi’s SMOOTH PALM which is worth the cost of the video by itself.

In Spain, this sells for $35. We reduced the price by $10 in order to spread this wealth into magic circles everywhere.

Watch the trailer HERE: https://www.ellusionist.com/the-art-of-p......tez.html
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
It would be great to have a review if anyone has purchased this download.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
I'm going to buy it later this evening and will send my thoughts after that.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2018, drawfull wrote:
I'm going to buy it later this evening and will send my thoughts after that.

That’ll be ‘hand’y thank you.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:
In Spain, this sells for $35. We reduced the price by $10 in order to spread this wealth into magic circles everywhere.

But Spain uses Euros not US Dollars. On Javi's own website(javibenitez.com) Art of Palming (online streaming only) costs $39.90 Euros, which is $46.96 US Dollars.

Can Art of Palming actually be downloaded from Ellusionist or is it online streaming as it is on Javi's website?
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Beautiful, smooth and natural as he was in the Fool Us.
The palming technic is not easy but not that difficult. I got the knack of it in about 30 minutes' practice.
I love this. Will make it perfect.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
You can download it in full from Ellusionist, or stream it via a series of Vimeo links.

A couple of thoughts having watched this through, is that for 25 dollars the price is just about fair (20 might be better value). I am not sure I would pay 40 euros for it. In the trailer, he mentions that you will spend two hours with him learning everything he knows about palming, and that, in conjunction with the P&T performance, was why I bought it.

The video is just over an hour and maybe 55 minutes of that is instructional. There are three main routines shown at the beginning which utilise two of his own techniques: His 'smooth palm', which is a thing of beauty but a bit angle sensitive, and another which I think is a variation on an angled palm. They work well together, and he has a couple of nice little subtleties too which really sell the illusion.

The routines (which as I write I cannot remember if they are in the trailer), I didn't care too much for.

From a quality perspective, the video is well shot although one segment has audio issues. Obviously I don't know if Ellusionist have done any editing, or if it's a replica of the version on his site, but that's a pretty bad error. Couple of typos too, but language barrier and all that.

If you're buying this to get the lowdown on his P&T handling (not necessarily the routine), then you will likely be disappointed. If you are interested in his work with the classic palm with regards to cards, then I think you'll get enough out of it to just about justify the expense

Cheers

Adrian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Art Of Palming by Javi Benitez (The guy who fooled P&T with a palm) (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL