The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I'm new(ish) to Magic and Performing, wanting some advice on nerves (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
57 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
All the scripting advice you have received is gold. I would add that if you want to take a deep dive into scripting, there is a two volume set of books called "Scripting Magic" that is worth every penny. You might also want to track down the Ron Bauer Private Studies series. They are a true master class in scripting and how to connect your script to the mechanics of your effects. They are reasonably priced and worth their weight in gold.
professortango
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of professortango
I can tell you my hands used to shake like crazy despite growing up on stage performing. Not only does scripting and rehearsal make a huge difference, but remember that the tricks are not as obvious to lay people. I used to be incredibly sensitive to guilty moves and worry constantly that they're going to see me do something or figure something out. It took me a long time to realize that my knowledge of magic and methods was far beyond what the average audience member knew and I had to have faith in the trick itself. Once I could believe in the trick, it was much easier to stop worrying about pushing my limitations as a beginner magician.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I'm new(ish) to Magic and Performing, wanting some advice on nerves (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL