The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito Botch (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Been working on this new routine. Trying to think of how to present the box in a different way and I'm pretty happy with it.

Would love to hear what you think.

<---PRESS FULL SCREEN
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
I really enjoyed that! Thank you! (And that background music was the perfect choice, ha!)
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Wonderful for many reasons. I have done similar things with success, but only as a bumbling character, not as a student trying a new effects.

Having magic occur seeming "out of the control of the performer" can be powerful theme. It does set you aside from the "skill demonstration" mania.

It is also effective to have another person read the instructions, though here, the handling of the instructions provides masking.

Another value of this approach is a lead in to greater things. It can get a partially attentive group focused on what you are doing and expecting magic to occur.

It would be easy to say, "That box seems to be causing some trouble. Let me try something with the coins by themselves, Would you please keep them warm for a moment ..."

I hope to see more of this type of quality and innovation.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Really good - engaging, different presentation with strong magic. It reminded me of one of Yann Frisch's competition pieces (although your piece was very different).
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Rick, very creative and genuinely humorous! Like MindExplosion, I really liked the music -- seeing all those instruments in the background, I have to ask: did you also write and record the music?

All in all, very cool.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Thanks for taking a look guys! Glad you enjoyed it.

Funsway, that would make a good transition into the next effect. I like it!

Joe, no I did not make the music. Maybe some day I will combine my interests and create a routine using my own music. hmmmm
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Great routine!

And musician to musician, nice gear. I'm a keyboardist and vocalist and re-watched the video to try and figure out what keyboards you have there. Smile

Anyhow back to the magic: I REALLY love the presentation and your technique was excellent. You are right about that particular box. It's a lot of fun to play with and unlike some other boxes I've used, that one just "feels" right.

Thank you for sharing.

(If you have a moment, it would be nice to get a PM listing your keyboard gear. As you know, both musicians and magicians suffer from G.A.S., a.k.a, Gear Acquisition Syndrome). Smile

Best,
Vlad
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2018, Vlad_77 wrote:
Great routine!

And musician to musician, nice gear. I'm a keyboardist and vocalist and re-watched the video to try and figure out what keyboards you have there. Smile

Anyhow back to the magic: I REALLY love the presentation and your technique was excellent. You are right about that particular box. It's a lot of fun to play with and unlike some other boxes I've used, that one just "feels" right.

Thank you for sharing.

(If you have a moment, it would be nice to get a PM listing your keyboard gear. As you know, both musicians and magicians suffer from G.A.S., a.k.a, Gear Acquisition Syndrome). Smile

Best,
Vlad

Haha thanks Vlad! PM sent!
magic.42
View Profile
New user
USA
72 Posts

Profile of magic.42
I truly enjoyed your routine. Your choice of effects and music are both pleasing to magician and spectator alike, so the wife says. We will be waiting for your next video.
—Thanks—
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
Very well done sir! Creative and a pleasure to witness of it
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
285 Posts

Profile of Griff
Rick this is my favorite video of your's to date. Very clever routine and a nice performance. Congrats.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Thank you guys for the kind words.

And thanks for still watching....
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Most entertaining thing I’ve seen done with an okito box!
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Love the routine AND your acting skills!
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Thank you guys. That's some high praise.
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Nice job - I liked the presentation also!
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Rick.

That is just a superior presentation angle!
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
I appreciate that guys!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Excellent routine. A couple moves surprised the "H" out of me. No idea how on those, great job.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Thanks Jeff! You've been a longtime subscriber, I appreciate that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito Botch (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL