The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What is the correct paper bag size for Vanishing Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Hi all!
This might be a stupid question but I live in Norway and we do not have these brown paper bags in our stores so I cannot test and check.

I'd like to do the Vanishing Bottle gag/effect with the Norm Nielsen 9" Beck Bottle ( https://nnmagic.com/store/nielsen-vanish......-bottle/ ).
What would be the correct size of brown paper bag to order online?

Have a great day!
Montana
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
They use lunch bags, which are 13cm x 7.9cm x 26.9cm
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Thank you so much Dustin!!!
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I use not a paper bag but a bag made of cloth. This way I do not need new paper bags
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Robert: won't it unfold? Do you have a link or picture?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The advantage to using a paper bag is that you can actually tear up the bag after crushing it. This makes it more convincing that the bottle has vanished.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Here's another idea for you coke bottle owners: vanish the bottle in two stages. First shrink it down to salt shaker size, where upon it becomes even easier to tuck-it or top-it. https://www.amazon.com/Coca-Cola-Glass-S......03KUUALQ
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Here in the UK, McDOnald's has the right sized bags. I just ask nicely for a few extras.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Thank you Ross!
With or without the logo?
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Mine have the logo on them. Makes no difference in my act, but others might differ.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The advantage for those using my "Tear-up-the-bag-and-toss-little-pieces-into-the-air-to-float-gently-down-to-the-waste-basket" method is the color and weight of the ordinary average Dollar Store lunch bag.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What is so much more convincing about tearing up the bag? The bottle clearly can not be in the crumpled bag.

That is sort of magicians thinking.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I'm also not sure how you tear up the bag considering it's not actually empty.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I was curious as to ask the pieces floating down.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Perhaps the torn pieces of bag are a lead in to a snowstorm in China effect or a restored bag and appearing bottle?
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2018, Montana76 wrote:
Hi all!
This might be a stupid question but I live in Norway and we do not have these brown paper bags in our stores so I cannot test and check.

I'd like to do the Vanishing Bottle gag/effect with the Norm Nielsen 9" Beck Bottle ( https://nnmagic.com/store/nielsen-vanish......-bottle/ ).
What would be the correct size of brown paper bag to order online?

Have a great day!
Montana

Can I ask you about this particular nielsen bottle, can you fill the bottle with water and then pour it out before the vanish moment?

Thanks in advance.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
No you cannot fill the bottle as made. You can buy an appliance that when installed into one of the Nielsen bottles will accommodate an ounce or two of fluid.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don’t understand the need to do so. What would pouring an ounce of liquid that isn’t beer out of a 12oz beer bottle prove anyhow?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What is the correct paper bag size for Vanishing Bottle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL