The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thom Peterson's PsyK.O. (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Alex McFly
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
Only the best result is shown in each video ;-)
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2018, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Finally got it. To be honest, I am disappointed. I feel it is over priced. And....you are seeing the "best" outcome in the performance video. If anybody wants mine, I will sell it at a discount.

It always pays to wait out for an honest review.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Finally got it. To be honest, I am disappointed. I feel it is over priced. And....you are seeing the "best" outcome in the performance video. If anybody wants mine, I will sell it at a discount.

This explains why Thom did not get back to me to answer any of my questions about this product.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
It is a good trick and has the potential to be a real fooler. It is nothing new and if you were to watch the entire demo, you would probably not buy it. And to say that you can do other card tricks using this deck prior to doing this effect makes it sound like this is a normal deck. The kind of card tricks I do I could not do with this deck.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
Finally got it. To be honest, I am disappointed. I feel it is over priced. And....you are seeing the "best" outcome in the performance video.

Hi Rowdymagi5,I have to disagree with that statement. That outcome has to happen every time. Been doing something like this for a really long time and it is a great trick. Sorry you feel that disappointed. I do about three or four tricks with the deck and then perform this.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
To be more precise, the final outcome happens every time (of course they find their card), but the procedure to get there may vary. You can do other effects with the cards, but it is not ideal for me anyway.
ThomPeterson
View Profile
New user
UK & L.A.
20 Posts

Profile of ThomPeterson
Hi Guys:

Thought I'd chime in a bit. Yes, in answer to some of the questions, this is the same effect that was in my Amazing Guy DVD. Over the years, I've made a few refinements and handling changes. Also, I've had so many people in the past ask me to set them up with a deck that I thought I'd finally release it as a stand-alone with the deck. Also, since "Amazing Guy" is no longer available, it seemed the right time. Plus, I always felt that Psycho (PsyK.O.) kind of got buried in a blur -- being on a multi-trick DVD. Stupid, but that's just the way things go. I wish I had a dime for every time I went back to an old DVD that I had for ages because I had learned about a gem that I'd completely overlooked.

If all you look at is the method, then this trick is going to be a huge disappointment to you -- and I would suggest you save your money. If you work, however, and perform this in the way that I recommend on the DVD for real people, you'll immediately see the benefits. I just finished my lecture at the Magic Castle with this a couple of months ago and, at the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I crushed the members with this. Mind you, this is after I did my other card stuff with the same deck.

Lastly, as far as shipping goes, they are, in fact coming from me here in the UK. All of my prices are in US Dollars as I'm American myself, and most of my dedicated customers are U.S. The shipping might seem high, but I take a hit on every one I send out.

Hope that helps.
For Professional Real-World Routines, DVD's and Instant Downloads, Please Visit: www.AmazingGuyStore.com

New Items include: Topit-A-Go-Go, and Just Fate. Keep watching for more!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2018, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I ordered it, and I will post a review once I get it. Who knows, this may be a real gem?

Obviously not. Glad I held out.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi Everyone,

Here is my 2 cents: I was fortunate enough to have been gifted this routine by a very talented performer whose work is based in the real world. The production values of the DVD are excellent and the performance and teaching are great.

The routine is very strong and the reactions from the laypeople I have shown it to have been wonderful. The routine builds upon the cliche's of a "regular" card trick. This allows the spectators to involve themselves with the presentation as it leads them down the garden path to a truly memorable conclusion.

The performances by Thom and Rich Cowley are great starting points and if you take the time to develop your own presentation, you will have a great routine in your arsenal.

The only "down-side" is that you have a one trick deck. The additional routine included in the DVD is wonderful. The use of the fortunetelling fish is loads of fun.

I like PsyK.O. and I think your audiences will like it too.

Enjoy the Search!

Respectfully submitted,

Paul Green
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
There is a full performance in the second part of the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9UJgvYTLqM
judeh
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of judeh
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, PaulGreen wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Here is my 2 cents: I was fortunate enough to have been gifted this routine by a very talented performer whose work is based in the real world. The production values of the DVD are excellent and the performance and teaching are great.

The routine is very strong and the reactions from the laypeople I have shown it to have been wonderful. The routine builds upon the cliche's of a "regular" card trick. This allows the spectators to involve themselves with the presentation as it leads them down the garden path to a truly memorable conclusion.

The performances by Thom and Rich Cowley are great starting points and if you take the time to develop your own presentation, you will have a great routine in your arsenal.

The only "down-side" is that you have a one trick deck. The additional routine included in the DVD is wonderful. The use of the fortunetelling fish is loads of fun.

I like PsyK.O. and I think your audiences will like it too.

Enjoy the Search!

Respectfully submitted,

Paul Green

Where can I find the Cowley version?

Jude
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thom Peterson's PsyK.O. (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL