The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Real Deal - John Bukowski (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1161 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Liamwilson - Thanks, although I have already purchase it.
Have not gotten to it yet. Still looking at my Mene Tekel materials/deck.

When I get chance I will make some input. Comments from a duffer type.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@Jerry:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p......k+second

A true New Yorker only recognizes a New York second.

New York Minute? That's more for the tourists. They move at a slower pace. LOL
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1161 Posts

Profile of Jerry
A brief overview on seconds, centers and bottoms using his method.
He claims to have simplified the process.
Clocking in at only 20 minutes. With some really annoying bad camera work and editing.
You will probable be disappointed. I was.

Nothing weird about his method in my opinion.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Jerry, are you saying the ad copy does not accurately represent that which is taught. For example:

Quote:
In this download, John teaches the subtleties and nuances that will make your False Deals invisible and flawless. Filmed in high-definition, you'll learn every detail of technique, from grip to finger placement and hand motion, to bring your second deal to the next level.

Do you meant the false deals taught are not invisible and flawless and they don't bring this work to the next level?

Quote:
With this grip and dealing process...you can flow seamlessly from one to the other, (seconds, bottoms or Greek deal), all the while remaining invisible. The finger placement and grip result in a normal mechanics appearance, without the telltale signs of finger movement when Bottom and Greek Dealing. With this technique, you don't have the DEAL LAG when you're dealing regularly and you then do a false deal -- IT HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

John has created a whole new way of doing these deals that has eliminated the deal lag and finger movement, and it's easy and deceptive!!

Could it be this is a gross exaggeration and another dream shattered?

Quote:
John will show you how to Second Deal with only 4 fingers and Bottom Deal with only 3 fingers!! That's how easy it is. (The 3 and 4 finger techniques are for practicing only.

I don't understand this at all. Does this mean John is giving us all the finger, or perhaps multiple fingers?

Quote:
This is the easiest Second, Bottom and Greek Deals you will ever do!

Yes, but what do they look like? Easy is not necessarily good.

Quote:
Download the video and start learning the REAL way!

This has got to be good. After all, it is the "real way." No?

Jerry, it you don't like this, do you get a 30 day money back guarantee?

Thanks for posting this info. After you have gone through it all, let us know what your final verdict is on this. I'm sure it will be helpful to some of the members who are trying to learn these moves.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1161 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Cag, actually the ad copy is accurate. Everything written is in fact in the video.
Will it make your card dealing flawless and easy? Well... umm...

I not really qualified and the last person to make that a kind of comment.
Overall I was just underwhelm.

Jason England, Allen Ackerman, Jerry Camaro, Shade (Magic Tao) and many others do a better job.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Okay Jerry, I think that answers the main questions about this material for those who may be interested. Essentially it is okay but there are better sources and better material on the subject.

That should be helpful to those who are considering this information.
liamwilson1125
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of liamwilson1125
Jerry,

Same feelings. Have no idea why it is such a low budget one. I didn't see him dealing without exposé throughout the video (let me know if I missed it). I wonder how his techniques can be applied for demonstration purposes.

And yes, I do agree that there are much better sources out there to check out.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
It doesn't look very good to me. Another "I know everything and you guys suck" on the block? Looks like this style is very common in UK: Earl, Madison, etc.
billy032
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of billy032
It looks like the real deal from the bottom. Lmao
liamwilson1125
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of liamwilson1125
Just found out other sources on the web. Has anyone owned one of these? Reviews?

"It's your deal" by Wesley James - https://www.lybrary.com/its-your-deal-p-922546.html
Artanis Bottom Deal - https://www.lybrary.com/artanis-bottom-deal-p-242.html
The Base Deal - https://youtu.be/fQQSeRjYTcc
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2018, liamwilson1125 wrote:

Just found out other sources on the web. Has anyone owned one of these? Reviews?

"It's your deal" by Wesley James - https://www.lybrary.com/its-your-deal-p-922546.html
Artanis Bottom Deal - https://www.lybrary.com/artanis-bottom-deal-p-242.html
The Base Deal - https://youtu.be/fQQSeRjYTcc

I can now see why Jason England says it takes several years to master the bottom deal.

Yikes, it probably would take several years just to read through the Wesley James material, let alone the myriad of other books on the subject. To then try out all the grips explained, to experiment as to which method works best for you and finally make the decision as to which technique to master. So...after several years of research and experimentation, from that point on probably 1-2 months to master the selected bottom deal well enough to use for demos.

The total time from start to finish (reading, trying out different approaches and methods over and over again...endlessly...and finally make decision as to which method to master and practice) certainly might takes years to learn and master a bottom deal for demo use. Perhaps never ever learning a good method amidst all the confusion engendered. It then becomes even more time consuming and confusing because there is always another guru coming out with a "new" or "improved" technique on DVDs or in webinars (for a price of course) to enable one to become an even better bottom dealer. Is it any wonder that it may takes years to master a good bottom deal with that approach? There is always some new "shiny object" bottom deal to chase on the horizon.

However, for someone who is somewhat skillful at card manipulation, being shown exactly how to do ONE good bottom technique and having one"s progress monitored by the instructor, with one hour or so of applied practice per day, it should not take more than one month or so to have a very deceptive and clean bottom deal for demo purposes.

Now, to use the move under fire in varying game conditions, that is quite different. Most performers and bottom deal demo experts cannot effectively use the beautiful bottom deal they demo in a game. They usually don't have the skill set, large enough cojones or experience in application for real money. The again they may have no desire to do so. However, to acquire that different level of mastery requires actually using the move under fire, in varying game conditions for a period of time, and for money that is meaningful...so meaningful that if caught one could be in serious trouble. Then, if one doesn't get beat up or killed during that process, he will have mastered the move for the purpose it was originally intended.

I recall that when I first learned the move, all these confusing options were not present. I had Erdnase, Ireland's Lessons in Dishonesty, Expert Card Technique and Card Mastery. No confusion at all. Just some practice from that point on. Of course, I refined all that over the years, but the initial mastery was not very hard.

I think it may be harder today because of all the "options." However for the hobbyist, magician and demonstrator, all these otpiton are part of the fun and enjoyment of learning the move.
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
I have the Artarnis manuscript and I enjoy it from a historical POV. It’s interesting to listen to and is in essence a very good bottom deal. Can’t speak for the other two sources though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Real Deal - John Bukowski (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL