The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2004 entrée: Dan Harlan » » Equivoque » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
I have something interesting to talk about or we can discuss something else. It's your choice. What would you like to do?
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I like this where our guests puts us on the line. Dan, start a topic!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
I choose "something interesting".

...wondering if "something interesting" stays on the table or goes back in the deck...

Do you use equivoque much? (i seem to recall it in your voodoo mentalism piece) do you have any tips on helping to make it appear natural?
Thanks,
-Scott O
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Definitely gotta hear what's on your mind, Dan. Hit us with your best shot!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Well, I'm glad that's what you decided. I may not have made the same choice, but we'll do it your way. Imagine that you have a calendar composed of all twelve months of the year. I'd like you to tear out either the first six months or the last six months and hand it to me. Again, it's your choice. Have you torn out the first six or the last six?
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The first six months.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Great! I'm going to mix them up and I'd like you to randomly pull three of them out. Which ones did you take back in your mind?
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

January, March, and May.
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
You will tear one of them up. It really is your decision. I won't tell you which one, but since I can't see them, you'll have to tell me which one you'd like to tear. Which one?
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

May
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Now, Scott, you know there is no way I could have influenced your choices. From the beginning you have decided everything. In fact, you have more decisions to make, but first you have to tear up the month of May. Tear it into two pieces right across the center, and hand them to me. I'll hold the first couple of weeks in one hand and the last couple of weeks in the other. Now, carefully consider which piece you want to take back. I won't stop you or influence you. First or Last?
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

I'll take the last half, please.
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Remember, each time you have chosen what to eliminate and you have left me with the first two weeks. Put your imaginary half away with the rest of the calendar. I'm going to call out the dates that I have starting either from the 1st or the 14th and stopping wherever you like. Which direction should I go? Forward or back? And on which date shall I stop?
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
stevehk
View Profile
New user
Houston, TX U.S.A.
13 Posts

Profile of stevehk
If Scott's gone to bed, can I take over? I think you should start on the 14th and go backward to the 7th.

(unless you want to be honest and admit now that you were unable to predict the choices Scott and I would make, and this thread/effect is heading toward a very dissapointing finish.)
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Steve--
You've certainly made it very difficult for me by taking over. I never would have expected Scott to start at the end and go only half-way back. But it really doesn't matter, does it? After all, you are just making random choices. I can't possibly have any control. In fact, I don't want any. So let's just continue with what you have decided. Since you have taken away the 14th back to the 7th, it leaves me with only 6 dates. I'm going to hold the odd dates in one hand and the even dates in the other. Don't immediately decide but I want you to picture either the odd or the even beginning to float up into the air. Can you see them? Which ones are floating up in your mind? Odd or even? Again, it is up to you.
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
stevehk
View Profile
New user
Houston, TX U.S.A.
13 Posts

Profile of stevehk
I am picturing the numbers 1, 3, and 5 floating out of your hand.

I'm going to bed soon and my not be able to finish (do you still want to finish?), however if my choices messed you up feel free to start back where Scott left off.
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Since Steve has gone to bed, anyone may feel free to jump in. He has chosen 1, 3, and 5. All I want you to do is concentrate on thos numbers. See them floating and swirling about. Reach up and grab one. Do you have it? You'll have to let us know which one since we can't see it.
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Winnes
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of Winnes
I can see them - Ive grabbed number 3.
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Terrific. You have a wonderful imagination. Let's do it again. With your empty hand, grab another one. Which one?
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Winnes
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Got one - its a 5
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2004 entrée: Dan Harlan » » Equivoque » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL