The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Head mover illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I'm trying to find out who the builder of this version of the Head Mover is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dily6L7QJDo
Also if there aren't any commercial builders is this in the public domain and could there be a plan source available.

Thanks
Professor J. P. Fawkes
AllanK
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of AllanK
Hocus Pocus has a secondhand version of this for sale NOW for $295. It's in the Private Estate Tricks section.

Allan
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Goswick Magic has it in one of his books.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Allan, I believe the one at Hocus Pocus was build by Snap Illusions. Anyone who knows the story of Snap would avoid this.
Illusionman2 I looked at Goswick's version but it looks like a different effect.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Https://www.goswicksmagicbooks.com/wp-co......lans.jpg
Goswick Magic
book Head chests
prop name --Goswick Head Squeeze
He does add a little something to his but it is same prop (same method).
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=gos......M=WRVORC
jeffl
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of jeffl
As I recall the "old" Tilford Illusions used to feature this effect, probably still a few of them around, don't see it on the "new" Tilford site though.
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
$295? Sounds like a bargain. I really wonder how that would play from the side angles from an audience POV. In the video, Its way too easy to see the secret being communicated. Maybe live its not as apparent.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I've purchased the Goswick book we'll see what I can come up with.
Thanks for all the input.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
I built head squeeze and alien abduction (can't find pix of head squeeze.
I liked Alien Abduction better.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w221/......NECK.jpg
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Another picture I found of the Gosnick Head Squeeze
https://www.goswicksmagicbooks.com/wp-co......x300.jpg
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Another thanks to everyone who gave me advice. I did purchase the Goswick book so I thought I would give an assessment of the book.
First off I already knew the method of the head mover and I wanted to make sure I wasn't poaching anyone's invention so I purchased the book I will base my illusion on.
The book does have some clever thinking on various ways to vanish, torture, or generally "magic" an assistant's head.
The book itself is small, the drawings are small and lack details a beginning builder would need. The drawings and brief description give you the major points of the construction but are a bit short on measurements or some construction details.
I will invest in some of his other works because I can see things in his creativity that appeals to me. Just consider if you don't have building experience you may need to do more experimentation to get everything just right.
I encourage you to look at this site and some of his offerings. Overall I'm happy with the purchase.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, 61magic wrote:
Another thanks to everyone who gave me advice. I did purchase the Goswick book so I thought I would give an assessment of the book.
First off I already knew the method of the head mover and I wanted to make sure I wasn't poaching anyone's invention so I purchased the book I will base my illusion on.
The book does have some clever thinking on various ways to vanish, torture, or generally "magic" an assistant's head.
The book itself is small, the drawings are small and lack details a beginning builder would need. The drawings and brief description give you the major points of the construction but are a bit short on measurements or some construction details.
I will invest in some of his other works because I can see things in his creativity that appeals to me. Just consider if you don't have building experience you may need to do more experimentation to get everything just right.
I encourage you to look at this site and some of his offerings. Overall I'm happy with the purchase.

I agree with this review--- and also like his out of the box thinking. Can you tell your idea 61magic??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Head mover illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL