The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Saturday Night Live pokes fun at magicians (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaKine Oregon
View Profile
New user
Medford, Oregon
40 Posts

Profile of DaKine Oregon
I know, I'm male, this is Feminine Mystique, etc., but I thought some of you phenomenal females might have missed this week's Saturday Night Live game show skit, "So You're Willing To Date A Magician". It hilariously pokes holes in some of the popular male magician gas bag personas. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

https://youtu.be/yAH9_HUACQ8
David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
I didn't think it was very funny... other than the magicians are losers concept, I didn't think it did very much with that.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6674 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Nope. NOT funny.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13884 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Painful to watch!!!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
diamondjack
View Profile
New user
orlando,fl
58 Posts

Profile of diamondjack
I thought this was funny. I know there are some magicians that were offended by this, but only if they saw themselves in one of characters portrayed.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1623 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
IT'S FUNNY.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
Tudormagic
View Profile
New user
SC
24 Posts

Profile of Tudormagic
Very funny! If we can't laugh at ourselves...
VolunteerMagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of VolunteerMagic
They left off the heavilly tattooed, tattered jeans, wide brim hat magician stereotype
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of TomB
It was pretty bad. I imagine they can do a few more though. I miss the old SNL guys.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
I recently stumbled upon this on YouTube. Kenan Thompson's character was funny, as was the brother and sister act, Byrds of Prey. I didn't think the main message was "magicians are losers" so much as a bit socially awkward or vain.

The characters are just based on general stereotypes, as are most characters on SNL. I agree with another poster--we need to be able to laugh at ourselves, even at the stereotypes.

I thought the worst part was Awkwafina. I had to Google her--had no idea who she was. Anyway, her acting skills didn't help.

D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Saturday Night Live pokes fun at magicians (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL