The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Collected Secrets of Lubor Fiedler DVD (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Has anyone been very impressed with his creations?

For decades, Lubor Fiedler's name has been associated with some of the most innovative, magical, visual illusions ever created. Now, for the first time, watch the man himself as he demonstrates, and then reveals, the secrets behind some of his most diabolical creations. Lubor Fiedler's magic is so ingenious that the methods are just as magical as the effects themselves.

UFO Floating Ashtray, Flash Vanishing Exploding Card, Vanishing Bank Note, Going Back in Time (Turbo Card), Spooky Glasses, Burning Cigarette Between Thumb and Finger, Showstopper Card, Royal Fantasy, Topologic Square (Just Chance Rings), Fifty-Fifty, Colour Labels, Blue Box Magic, Lifetime Cigarette, Brain Bag, Flying Color Cards, Liquid Eyes(performance only)
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Lubor is a genius. His ideas will fool you badly and in the right hands can be show stoppers.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I heard of him, but wasn't familiar with his effects ( except the Fiedler's Flier that Daryl markets ).

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Supreme Magic, in England, use to sell his creations. The DVD will be in stores in a few weeks. It is so new, not even dealers have it yet.

I just received my LL Publications flyer today with the DVD advertised. The titles of the effects sound interesting.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Anyone buy it yet? How about a review?
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
This is the same as his videtape released some time ago right?
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
301 Posts

Profile of Michele
PLease tell me the name of his video tape. Thank you
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
Watched the DVD today. I assume it's from an old tape since one of the effects is Performance Only and he claims it's available from Supreme Magic. :-(

The DVD case and prepublicity mention an additional performance only effect called "Liquid Eyes." It doesn't seem to be on the DVD.

Some very cute things and a few amazing ones. Only a fraction of it seems practical, however, and most of the rest looks fairly troublesome to construct.

--Josh
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
I love DIY magic and think for others like me, Lubor Fiedler is a genius. Although I confirmed that this DVD is a conversion from his old video, it's still worth it to have on DVD as it conserves better than vhs.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
I agree with Josho - to an extent. Most are troublesome to construct, however the working are sound and adaptable.

I can't see performing any of it myself per se', but it's because it's not for me, not because the effects are weak
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Sounds like a clunker. Old dull video tape converted to DVD type of thing.

RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
I've heard from those who own the DVD as well as from dealers I trust that this is a "must have" even though one will probably never use the material. As weird as that may sound, one dealer said the methods were so brilliant that you had to see them. That sounds like a far cry from "clunker" status to me. I'll take the chance.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
But if you won't use it, why bother?

RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
It might spark a few ideas of my own!
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
Can anyone give more info on the floating ashtray set up? How practical would you say this is?
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
I think it's strange that "Liquid Eyes" is advertised as being on the dvd but Josho says it isn't on there. Any dealers out there want to explain this major boo boo?
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
Quote:
On 2004-05-17 18:25, MagicChris wrote:
But if you won't use it, why bother?

Why not buy it to see one of the most creative magicians there is?

That is a big problem with a lot of magicians. If the video or book they have just bought doesn't have anything they can use it is junk. Why not try to see the thinking behind the effect?

we don't need the newest effects at all. Well some do to keep themselves entertained. The bad thing is that without having the new effect perfected, Mr. magician goes out and causes great pain out in the real world by making watch everyone around watch his bad performance of the new item.

Ok back to topic. I think that it is important to see videos like this that way you can see the thinking behind the effects and learn about the person as well.
Elmsley4
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Elmsley4
Worse case scnenario, you sell the dvd used and recoup some of your money.

-Joel
gentleman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gentleman
Or you try to sell it and no one wants it
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Hey Randy, don't even bother trying to explain.... some folks will never get it... why waste your time... I would probably never use any of the material on this dvd, but it did spark a lot of ideas... and just because this was an old video transferred to dvd, theres a lot to learn here folks!!
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Collected Secrets of Lubor Fiedler DVD (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL