The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Out Of The Blue by James Anthony and MagicWorld (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2018, TuneHV wrote:
I have had this for quite some time and it’s been one of my favorite card effects this year. Really easy to do- the deck does all the work for you and it gets very good reactions. There is no roughing or sticky stuff either. The gimmicked deck can only be used for this effect, but that should be obvious regardless of the method since it’s half blue and half red, which also provides the necessary justification to switch decks openly. The only potential downside is it will be the same card every performance, but I don’t see that as an issue as plenty of effects are this way. If you like the performances in the trailer, you should get this- I strongly recommend it.

No roughing or sticky stuff... makes this intriguing. But seeing as it's somewhat obvious how you'd do a version of this *with* that, I'm still left wondering if this method is worth it just for the lack of roughing/sticky. It might be... or... it might not be. If it doesn't make any difference to the spectators, then what's the advantage. So, without revealing the method, can anyone who knows the details here explain what the benefit is of this approach to doing it with SF or whatnot?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2018, daffydoug wrote:
When is the release date?

October 15, next Monday.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Ok. Just realised any card can be chosen (26) which is a big bonus. Thought you had to force a single gaffed card. I’m deffo getting this when it arrives over the pond. In fact it’s probably already here considering James is English.

I don’t do this sort of effect, though I enjoying lurking and watching performances like this

I found it interesting that the any card being chosable (well cough, “half” the time) was a selling point

It feels tricks like this are for ppl who have no card skills. I myself have none. But you could do any force and the spec can actually hold the card and look at the whole card... and you can change the predicted card.... and the deck is freely examinable

It seems like tricks are made for lazy magicians who can’t be bothered working at their art

As I said I have no card mechanic skills of my own

And in a way, if ppl are too lazy to learn, why shouldn’t others make tricks for them

I just found the concept interesting.

This is a nice effect

Looked good

Again not my sort of material but it looked good

And full marks on the demo showing the effect properly
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
When I say any card can be chosen, they can choose any but it will always be the same value, if you get my drift.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm not sure I do, nevertheless, Inokan to order thus, because I just like the effect and the simplicity of it.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2018, daffydoug wrote:
I'm not sure I do, nevertheless, Inokan to order thus, because I just like the effect and the simplicity of it.

I have neither of these but just for completeness you may want to consider this very similar effect "Quantum Leap" as well. It's a little cheaper I think (like a buck maybe.)
Anyway, I have neither so I cannot compare as to which I may like best.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22764
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I prefer this version. Seems fairer.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I ordered from Penguin. Their page said "in stock."
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ordered too from Anthony himself. Would be interesting to know if the 26 gaffs are different in each set in order for potential refill packs.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Simon Aronson’s Red See Passover ‘ the classiest card across, such a beautiful and clever creation.
Silverstar
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Silverstar
This was reviewed on the Wizard Product Review. I wonder if James Anthony will produce this with 2 full decks of cards as suggested?
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
116 Posts

Profile of magicant
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, Silverstar wrote:
This was reviewed on the Wizard Product Review. I wonder if James Anthony will produce this with 2 full decks of cards as suggested?

Not had a chance to watch the review yet but I will later. The hardest part was printing the gimmicks on Bicycle Stock. We printed all the gaffs in house which
Gives us the option to print say a 2nd version refill pack easily enough should there be a demand. To offer 2 decks there would have to be the demand as these would need to be printed in huge volumes via the USPCC.

I like the fact there is no rough and smooth and yes we do sacrifice the ability to examine the other half but all the heat is on the blue cards with the red card selection inside. Theres quite a lot of possibility with the gimmicks included for other effects (which are talked through on the tutorials) and I think to get the gaff cards sepperately would probably cost around the same price as the trick itself.

And yes free P&P and until the end of this week on MagicWorld we are giving away 2 free mis indexed cards with different coloured backs with every out of the blue purchase, ideal for a pocket brainwave style effect.

Cheers A

All the best Anthony
==============================

Producers of COVERT ADAPTIONS - INFAMOUS - DEADLY MARKED DECK - GUARANTEED JACKPOT - THE EXPERIMENT - CERBERUS WALLET - AND MANY MORE!

www.magicworld.co.uk (UK)
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
How good is the quality of the printing in the gaffed cards? I mean, can the gaffed cards be mixed with same back regular bicycle cards and would be noticeable?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quality is excellent.
kidnapped1853
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of kidnapped1853
Here is the link to the Wizard Product Review of Out Of The Blue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E93ZXLmneA
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Isn't this just half a mastermind deck in Red and half a reg deck in blue with the red card somewhere near the bottom of the blue half ,
and you just don't show it on the initial spread .
You could then cut it in to the middle when you give them to the spectator .
That's my thoughts from watching it , what's actually new here ? Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Wrong and correct. Although you could use a mastermind deck.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
I could certainly replicate the effect with what I already have for sure . However I think there are far better effects than this out there already imo Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It's simply another iteration of effects like Sankey's "Astral Projection," or "Strange Travelers," from Paul Harris, or dozens of other such effects. So why do I need it? Why did I even order it? I know not. For me it's superfluous, but I suppose it's just because I like it.

I'll find out tomorrow when it arrives in my mailbox.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
It’s called being addicted to magic Daffy we have all done it and will continue to do so , don’t feel bad but trust me this ain’t as good as the wizard product review would make you believe . It’s average at best and much of a muchness and easy to replicate a better version anyway imho Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Out Of The Blue by James Anthony and MagicWorld (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL