We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dave Forrest (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
YNG
View Profile
New user
Sweden
6 Posts

Profile of YNG
.:: [ YNG ] ::.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
I placed a $200 order on June 4, 2019. The package never arrived (as of August 2, 2019). I tried contacting Dave several times, but he never replied to my emails or returned my phone calls. (I just noticed that his phone number has been removed from his website--it was there just 2 days ago!) I sent him an email yesterday (August 1) threatening to open a dispute with my credit card company. He did not reply. I filed a dispute this morning.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1929 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, Marc Edgar wrote:
I placed a $200 order on June 4, 2019. The package never arrived (as of August 2, 2019). I tried contacting Dave several times, but he never replied to my emails or returned my phone calls. (I just noticed that his phone number has been removed from his website--it was there just 2 days ago!) I sent him an email yesterday (August 1) threatening to open a dispute with my credit card company. He did not reply. I filed a dispute this morning.

Think yourself lucky you only ordered a few months back

Most people have been waiting 3 years

As Pegasus has already posted his company has now been dissolved
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, Marc Edgar wrote:

Think yourself lucky you only ordered a few months back

Most people have been waiting 3 years

Unbelievable. I'm sorry so many people have been ripped off by him. Hopefully, my credit card company will be able to issue a refund. Either way, I should've done my research before I placed my order (there are also numerous complaints posted on the Full52 Facebook page). An expensive and humbling lesson! The sad thing is that many of his effects are excellent, and he is a clear, knowledgeable, and very likeable teacher. I own a number of his products and really like (and regularly perform) just about everything. I'm disappointed not to receive what I ordered. And, unfortunately, many of the products (e.g., the leather Peeky Blinder Wallet) are only available on his website.

If the company has been dissolved, how is it that his website is still active and accepting payments? Doesn't this constitute theft? To whom should we report this?
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
I had an email today, Aug 3rd, for a free ebook...

£9.99 FREE E-BOOK TOKEN!

NO STRINGS ATTACHED!
Or you can use the code to discount £9.99 from ANY of our e-books!

USE CODE: FREEBOOK at checkout and £9.99 will be deducted from ANY purchase in our e-book section!

That's it! Enjoy an e-book on us today! It's GENUINELY something for nothing!

Mmmmmm
Doric
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of Doric
Thanks for sharing Maynard. Might as well get a free ebook there.
dj
View Profile
Special user
961 Posts

Profile of dj
I have already written somewhere here in the forum that I had no problems with David Forrest until now.
I did not order so many things from him, but I always got what I paid, very quickly.

That's why I do not understand that so many people here in the forum have such negative experiences with David.
Maybe I was just lucky.

Still, that's not alright what he's done so far.
People spent the money, bought magic products from him and got nothing for it.
If you do that, by which I mean David, then that's the worst thing you can do.

Imagine that you are David Forrest and you meet these people who sent you money and did not receive anything, absolutely nothing?
At some point on a Magic Congress you will meet one or the other person.
You do not know these people, but they know you.
Your face is known, they know you but you do not know all these people.
These people want to talk to you. What do you say to all these people?
Why did you do that, will they ask you?
What will be your answer?
What do you tell him, what do you say why you did not send him the products he paid you?

I,as David Forrest, would be ashamed, very ashamed, I would not appear on any magic congress anywhere, I would be really scared to be there.
Imagine, you are David Forrest, you are at the Blackpool Magic Convention and suddenly ten people approach you.
That can be very embarrassing, right?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, dj wrote:
I have already written somewhere here in the forum that I had no problems with David Forrest until now.
I did not order so many things from him, but I always got what I paid, very quickly.

That's why I do not understand that so many people here in the forum have such negative experiences with David.
Maybe I was just lucky.

Still, that's not alright what he's done so far.
People spent the money, bought magic products from him and got nothing for it.
If you do that, by which I mean David, then that's the worst thing you can do.

Imagine that you are David Forrest and you meet these people who sent you money and did not receive anything, absolutely nothing?
At some point on a Magic Congress you will meet one or the other person.
You do not know these people, but they know you.
Your face is known, they know you but you do not know all these people.
These people want to talk to you. What do you say to all these people?
Why did you do that, will they ask you?
What will be your answer?
What do you tell him, what do you say why you did not send him the products he paid you?

I,as David Forrest, would be ashamed, very ashamed, I would not appear on any magic congress anywhere, I would be really scared to be there.
Imagine, you are David Forrest, you are at the Blackpool Magic Convention and suddenly ten people approach you.
That can be very embarrassing, right?

Yes YOU would feel embarrassed. Maybe that's wh Full52 has not had a stand at Blackpool convention for the past few years(2018 &19 for sure as I remember looking for it. Wasn't there in 2017.

I am not sticking up for Dave Forest. There is no way I can defend poor customer service at a massive level. But I (maybe stupidly.....Pegasos take your most average shot. Smile )we can't really complain about not getting the Kickstarter item Cubism Maestro. Well we can and do..... But the point I will Mae is Kickstarter is not shopping so we were never guaranteed to get the items. - I will leave that argument for the Cubism Maestro page....

So yes slate him for poor customer services. But for Kickstarter we have to just write it off.....(or moan about all the BS in the right thread but be resigned that we can keep moaning but never going to get it!).

Have a good evening with your free downloads and free books ....it's all I'm willing to spend with him.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Nothing would happen to Dave Forrest and why would it ?
It’s morally wrong but businesses go to the wall and bankrupt ( a legal process ) by the thousands everyday and no one can do anything about it .
If you pay via the correct channels like PayPal etc you would have got your monies back anyway ?
The wrong thing is to continue to take orders from fellow magicians and anybody when you already know you are on a sinking ship that can’t be saved .
That’s still however a moral issue only as you should still have been protected by your payment source .
If you go beyond their days for a refund you may have to decide how good your deceptive skills and judgement actually are , even more so on a kickstarter project that guarantees you nothing .
Either way people have problems in their lives that they sometimes can’t help .
Everyone should always make sure they pay the correct way and get a refund in the time frame .
That part isn’t Daves fault , the moral issue is but it still shouldn’t have cost you anything financially .
My two cents Gaz 🙂
Sean Mann
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, UK
118 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
We’re not just talking about Kickstarter now. There’s customers that are ordering from his website and are receiving nothing, yet he’s still sending promo emails out! The guys a scam artist at this point regardless of the difficulties he’s been having. You wouldn’t put up with that from any other retailer. What makes him different?
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
The spam begins...

£5.99 FREE VIDEO TOKEN!

NO STRINGS ATTACHED!
Or you can use the code to discount £5.99 from ANY of our video downloads!

USE CODE: FREEVID at checkout and £5.99 will be deducted from ANY purchase in our download section!

That's it! Enjoy a free video download on us today! It's GENUINELY something for nothing!
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of magicthree
I got a free $10 of any e-book yesterday from them. Tried to pay for it with PayPal, would of been free, and I get a message-Can't connect to PayPal.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1929 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, magicthree wrote:
I got a free $10 of any e-book yesterday from them. Tried to pay for it with PayPal, would of been free, and I get a message-Can't connect to PayPal.

I don’t know why everyone finds this so hard to understand
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Well, I received the free ebook, anyway.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of Doric
Dave might be in real trouble. Many men his age who are faced with difficulties in life are often too afraid or embarrassed to reach out and ask for help. It sometimes results in them doing something bad to themselves. I’m not saying it’s the case here but the narrative coming from people who know him (e.g. Kaufman) suggests Dave is stuck and doesn’t know where to turn. Imagine if it was a member of your immediate family in the same situation. How would you react?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1902 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Men of his age should know better than to damage others in not taking responsibility for their own life.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:

Exactly Jack , I agree with your post Gaz 🙂
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:

If you go and have a look at the compan accounts it's quite interesting. Looks like Fuk52 has been struggling for a while. In terms of accounts being submitted anyway.

With such poor customer service it's going to sink as a business.

Regardless of difficulties if you are still sending out adverts you should mak sure you are sending them out if you actually sell them. I've not ordered anything from him direct for a very long time. Like many others he gas lost my custom. If I want anything of his I would be buying elsewhere and as alluded to further up keep an eye on dates and times if not delivered - to use pay pals security.

All the best.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dave Forrest (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL