The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver and Copper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
Hi all.

Few evenins ago I was re-reading "The Art of Close-Up Magic", edited by Lewis Ganson and published by L&L.

I have seen a nice Coins from Hand to Hand, by Horace Bennett, who uses three penny, four silver dollars and one S/C coin.

I am not going to describe or comment the routine here (unless required), but what has interested me is a different use of the S/C coin. Different from the usual routine who come with the gimmick (ala Scotch and Soda).

Thus I was wondering whether there are other uses of that gimmicked coin, and where I might find them (books, not video please).

Thanks a lot, cheers

Stefano

Stefano Mambretti
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of books with different uses for the C/S gaff. I have sveral in my own books. The Roth book, Kaufman's "Coin Magic" and many other books contain routines with it. Virtually any coin book, other than one for total beginners, will contain at least one routine with a different application of this gaff than the standard one.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
Thanks Scott.

Yep.

Anyhow, it might be interesting (for me at least) to know which other uses are spread, or are more effective. Out of experience.

Actually, the Bennett routine left me think because he needs (from the spectator point of view) 4 copper coins and 4 silver coins. The 4 copper are un-useful. Yes, I know it is technically very important, but one may wonder why the magician has 8 coins and uses 4. You need (at least) a good patter for that. Otherwise it seems the magician only tries to have confusion.

I am now wondering about different uses of the C/S coin, but without loosing in clarity.

Thanks again. Cheers

Stefano

Stefano Mambretti
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Check our Marlo's SOCII routine from his "Coining Magic" booklet for a really direct and powerful coin effect using a C/S gimmick, some half dollars, an English penny, and an Okito box. Very strong magic!!!

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
You can get a nice color change, by doing the muscle pass - horizontally - with a C/S coin.

I came up with this accidently while playing around with a table full of coins.

This is part of my individual jam session.

I am guessing that other people have also
independently come up with this idea.

Keep growing and glowing and asking "What if?"

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver and Copper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL