The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Glow Sticks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Just wondering if there are any routines out there that involve glow sticks. Also, kind of going along with the mini card thread in the card forum from a few days ago, I just found mini glow sticks at a vending machine at toys r us. You get two of them for 50 cents, and they are 1.5 inches long and 1/8 inches wide, about the size of a wooden match. Thought one of you out there might have a use for them.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
How about using IT to float the stick in a dark room?
Bernard Sim
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
You might try using them in a routine with D'Lites. Maybe palm a glow stick and "grab" a light out of the air and then activate the glow stick and as the glow stick brightens up you can toss it into the audience or hand it to a spectator. Just my $.02 worth.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
TricksDaniel
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola,FL
248 Posts

Profile of TricksDaniel
When I actually purchased an ITR back in the early 90s it was from the Sorcery Shop. It came with a video in which they float a light stick in many curious ways, including putting it in a clear plexiglass box while still floating.Kind of like how DC proved he was floating in the flying special. The video also came with a light stick which I have not used to this day as I wanted it as a keepsake, but I have used them before and they work really well.You also would need 2 mini ITRs for this effect.The video has also many other routines that can be added to your performance.Try to find this video if you can.It's well worth it.
Owner DC_ILLUSIONS
SandyWeber
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of SandyWeber
The chemicals within glow sticks is apparently non-toxic. I have read that you can actually cut open the stick, dump out the two liquids (careful, the inner tube is glass) and when the liquids are mixed they will still glow.

One application I have seen is to coat a small crystal with one part of the liquid and soak a piece of cotton in the other part. When you squeeze the soaked cotton against the crystal, the two liquids mix and your crystal glows - pretty cool.

I do not take any resposibility for anyone trying this and getting cut by the glass (or ingesting any of the liquid).

I'd love to hear of anyone trying this!

Sandy
believer
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of believer
One can buy cheap glow products from chemlite.com
cheers
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
The glow sticks are actually for night fishing, maybe if you find a routine and you use them a lot see if you can get them cheaper in bulk from a fishing tackle shop.
Matt
Tom James
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati, Ohio
139 Posts

Profile of Tom James
Steve Fearson has a great routine that I do called area 51 it uses a small glow stick and you generally do it at the beggining of a show or at the end. it has to be done in the dark but it still is killer. If you want any help with the hook-up just pm me.

Tom
Alan Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Alan Morgan
Using them in a D'Lite routine doesn't seem like it would add much to the effect...maybe as set decoration, but that would be too much hassle.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Floating a glow stick...similar effect to light flight? Using a d'lite, I can go along with this. Maybe if you get a thin one you can push it through a quarter, or a playing card (pen thru coin/card)? If it IS the same as a match, you can use it in haunted matchbox?

It would be REALLY neat if someone could come up with a colour changing effect using different coloured glow sticks. This would really fox me.

If it glows...I suppose your sleights are limited, haha.

Maybe use it as a magic wand...what can you do with a wand? Float it and erm....well you decide.

I'll think about it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Glow Sticks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL