The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Instead of Crack Pots here is some Real Science (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear Mystery Entertainers,
Here is some Real Science. Enjoy

Finding Direction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3l49zQREcY A Sun Compass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX4flD6LXes Watch as a Compass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7yoXhbOQ3Y Determine latitude

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/pol......ors.html Polynesian Navigation
Sincerely,
miistermagico
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Crack pots........ Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Good improvised navigational tips Smile But what does it have to do with bizarre magic?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear Senor Fabuloso,
Imagine the creativity that solved theses navigational solutions. Very sharp minds.
How about giving me some slack. I would also appreciate you creating a pm address.
There is something I would like to discuss with you in private. Nice to hear
from you.
Sincerely,
miistermagico
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Miistermagico I sent you a pm now you can respond and we can talk. I wasn't on your case, as any survival instructions are welcome to me Smile I just don't see the connection with bizarre magic?

miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear Senor Fabuloso,
This thread, "Instead of Crack Pots here is some Real Science"
is meant to distinguish Real Science from the bizarre junk proposed
by Crack Pots in parapsychology, a comparison of reality to fantasy.
Here is another flight of fantasy from Crack Pots:
Thoughtography of Ted Serios with Stephen E. Braude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vFNVpUhiyk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Serios

Sincerely,
miistermagico
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Got you. You might have stimulated more interest and comments in the "Not Very Magical Still" forum?

miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
But the earth is shaped like a pear..... However .. I loved the video!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Interesting about supposed oceans riding, supposedly due to glaciers melting. Simple suggested science experiment. Fill a glass 34 full of ice cubes. Then fill the glass with water right up to the rim, but not overflowing. Now just let the ice fully melt.Then see if the water "rises" and overflows the glass!? You see, it's a thing called volume ( taken up by the ice cubes). So the volume of the glaciers is the same idea. Melt and no way they cause the ocean to rise!!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2018, DocBenWiz wrote:
Interesting about supposed oceans riding, supposedly due to glaciers melting. Simple suggested science experiment. Fill a glass 34 full of ice cubes. Then fill the glass with water right up to the rim, but not overflowing. Now just let the ice fully melt.Then see if the water "rises" and overflows the glass!? You see, it's a thing called volume ( taken up by the ice cubes). So the volume of the glaciers is the same idea. Melt and no way they cause the ocean to rise!!

Definitely interested to hear what the global alarmists think about this?

Ron/Landmark, are you there? Why is this?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:

Love It.Smile

Tom
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Quote:

Flawed premise. Start with a glass full of water to the brim but not overflowing. Now suspend a bag of ice cubes above the glass and make a few holes in the bag. Now look as the melting ice over flows, the glass of water. That is what climate change experts are saying.

TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Quote:

Flawed premise. Start with a glass full of water to the brim but not overflowing. Now suspend a bag of ice cubes above the glass and make a few holes in the bag. Now look as the melting ice over flows, the glass of water. That is what climate change experts are saying.

Well yes if you go someplace else and get water to pour in it would rise. But aren’t the glaciers already in the water
Are is it in the sky? And even if it is in the sky over the ocean, guess where it came from.Smile

Tom
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 1, 2018, TomBoleware wrote:
And even if it is in the sky over the ocean, guess where it came from.Smile
Tom

Originally, it's thought to have come form comets and asteroids after the big bang. The bible contractions the scientific account. God spoke water into being. In context, I think your asking about the cycle of how water from the sea evaporates into the atmosphere causing clouds to form and is returned, to the earth in the form of rain. I'm not sure if what your contending (if I understand you?) is that there is a amount of water both on the planet and in the atmosphere, that remains constant? If that is so then indeed, ice melt wouldn't change anything.

TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Quote:
And even if it is in the sky over the ocean, guess where it came from.Smile
Tom

I think your asking about the cycle of how water from the sea evaporates into the atmosphere causing clouds to form and is returned, to the earth in the form of rain.

That's it.

Science without common sense is just science fiction.Smile

Tom
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Quote:

Science without common sense is just science fiction.Smile

Tom

I like that Smile

The scientist would call it "Occam's Razor". I'm not sure if that covers everything though?

George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:

Okay, I'll bite.

Just like with the ice cubes, most of a floating glacier's volume is underwater. So if only the volume that's underwater melts, the level won't change.

The problem is that so many glaciers have a heckuva lot of ice above the water. Some of them are hundreds of feet thick and cover hundreds of square miles, or much more. Only takes a couple of minutes looking at photos online to see them.

Now, how much would the sea level rise? I don't have a clue, but all that melted ice would have to go somewhere.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

George the premise assumes, that between the water on the planet and in the atmosphere, the volume stays the same.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Instead of Crack Pots here is some Real Science (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL