The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deformer by Menny Lindenfeld (75 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Would be nice to see a real uncut bending demo
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2018, markhitton wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2018, acortest wrote:

I own Flexion by Jon Allen. The bends I saw in the keys by Menny would not be possible with Flexion.

True. However two people have speculated/hinted as to the likely type of prop used. IMO, by modifying the hinted prop, such bends and twists are quite feasible. One need to find out whether Jon Allen has been credited for his work, and if so, my speculation should hit the nail on the head.

BTW, I own Flexion by Jon Allen, but I never liked the prop as it needs considerable physical strength to make a simple flat key to bend. It lacks the desired mechanical leverage needed, as the prop as well as the key are short in length and thus you don't get the desired leverage. But that's just me, others experience may vary.

My thought s please. Smile

Smile

i agree with Ustaad. too much leverage for minimal distorsion

Huh! Very interesting as I found Flexion awesome to use. That is until I lost my cap, lol! So bummed....

As for Deformer, I need to see more of a demo or read some reviews.....
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Any actual performance videos of this? it seems very interesting!
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
RichOrvec
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of RichOrvec
Menny demonstrated this yesterday at Mindvention. It cannot bend coins, but that’s the only limitation. It’s quite simple and ingenious, and will seriously bend cutlery, keys, even nails with next to no effort. Menny had several people try it during his lecture, and it was remarkably easy. Choreography shouldn’t be difficult, and no more misdirection is need then for any spoon/fork bending you may already do. And if you don’t do any metal bending, this is a great tool to get started on the path.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
No coins! That's me out I'm afraid.
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2018, RichOrvec wrote:
Menny demonstrated this yesterday at Mindvention. It cannot bend coins, but that’s the only limitation. It’s quite simple and ingenious, and will seriously bend cutlery, keys, even nails with next to no effort. Menny had several people try it during his lecture, and it was remarkably easy. Choreography shouldn’t be difficult, and no more misdirection is need then for any spoon/fork bending you may already do. And if you don’t do any metal bending, this is a great tool to get started on the path.

RichOrvec: The video we have got shows some pretty good clean bends especially in the fork handles and nails. Was that your experience at Mindvention? That the curves in the bends looked as smooth as in the video?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

Menny demonstrated this yesterday at Mindvention. It cannot bend coins, but that’s the only limitation. It’s quite simple and ingenious, and will seriously bend cutlery, keys, even nails with next to no effort.

I feel if one combines 'Coinvexed Generation 3' with the 'De-former', you will have the best of both worlds. Just my thought - Assuming that the Deformer gimmick looks similar to the Flexion gimmick.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
RichOrvec
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of RichOrvec
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2018, Martin Waring wrote:

RichOrvec: The video we have got shows some pretty good clean bends especially in the fork handles and nails. Was that your experience at Mindvention? That the curves in the bends looked as smooth as in the video?

Yes. The bends were easy and smooth. The nail was a 90 degree bend or pretty close to it with next to no effort.

Tine bends AND breaks were pretty cool as well.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
This is very interesting
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Hidden in plain sight... So I guess it's a gimmicked fork or spoon.
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Quote:
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2018, Martin Waring wrote:

Yes. The bends were easy and smooth. The nail was a 90 degree bend or pretty close to it with next to no effort.

Tine bends AND breaks were pretty cool as well.

Thanks - my preorder is in.
CrossMagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of CrossMagic
Quote:

Rich did you write this as a review? This exact post was written as a review on MOM.
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Menny also showed this to me at MINDvention yesterday and it looked good! I don't currently do any metal bending in my performances, but it was fun to try out and handle Deformer. The bends were easy and smooth, the gimmick seems very well-made and like it should last you a lifetime and it's hides very well in plain sight.

Best,

T.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Having watched the explanation video, this is really good if you want to do Metal Bending. I'll stick to the Ox Bender because I want to bend coins but Deformer is very good Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
RichOrvec
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of RichOrvec
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2018, CrossMagic wrote:
Quote:

Rich did you write this as a review? This exact post was written as a review on MOM.

I did not. Nor did I post it anywhere else, so I’m assuming it was copied from here. Do you have a link?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Waiting for an uncut demo.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I pre ordered this, mainly based on my trust in what Menny has released in the past.
He's a pro, and takes pride in his reputation imo.
OB lives in my pocket, and gets constant use.
I'm still impressed with the material/design he used.
(I do think it hides in plain site btw. But, then again, I have giant Trumponian like hands Smile)
I'm excited to check this out.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I have one....its never going to break.....its solid....if you want to bend anything but a coin....just about it will do it....its good
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Guys –

Menny has been working on DEFORMER for years. The thing I love about working with Menny is that
he never rushes anything. I lost count on the number of prototypes he was sent before he found the
perfect one. The process of finding the right gimmick started back in early 2016. He had a rough
gimmick that he had been personally using for 5 + years before deciding to share with the community.

Another thing, Menny releases products that are not difficult to perform. As well, he has personally worked
them for years before releasing them. No fluff.. you are guaranteed a great product along with routines
that actually work in the real world. You will not be disappointed with DEFORMER…

P
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I could not use OxBender. Arthritis limited my ability to bend with it as it requires a lot of strength. I have two other Menny products that I love and use all the time. So I am concerned that Deformer may require more strength in my hands than I have. Can anyone address that issue? Thanks. PM if you like.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deformer by Menny Lindenfeld (75 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL