The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deformer by Menny Lindenfeld (75 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
[quote]On Oct 22, 2018 "BTW, I own Flexion by Jon Allen, but I never liked the prop as it needs considerable physical strength to make a simple flat key to bend. It lacks the desired mechanical leverage needed, as the prop as well as the key are short in length and thus you don't get the desired leverage. But that's just me, others experience may vary.

I own Flexion as well and agree that it required too much physical effort to bend a key. You shouldn't have to grimace in front of your audience! However, while I was playing around with the gimmick I discovered a solution and that employs 'part' of the gimmick that is supplied with Guy Bavli's 'Perfect Key Bending Trick'. Honestly, the keys bend like butter. I worked out every last detail including the choreography that's been battle-tested in the field.

One of these days, I will try to make a short video tutorial that I can share with the community.
Dirk Pershing
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dirk Pershing
Found some answers on (no surprise) You Tube.
This trick is not for me.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, Jared wrote:

I own Flexion as well and agree that it required too much physical effort to bend a key. You shouldn't have to grimace in front of your audience! However, while I was playing around with the gimmick I discovered a solution and that employs 'part' of the gimmick that is supplied with Guy Bavli's 'Perfect Key Bending Trick'. Honestly, the keys bend like butter. I worked out every last detail including the choreography that's been battle-tested in the field.

Thank you for the suggestion and sharing your idea. I too have Bavli's - Perfect Key Bending Trick. However IMO (other's opinion may vary) if you are using the Bavli's Perfect Key Bender you don't need the Flexion gimmick. The Bavli's bender can do the bending with much less effort as compared to the Flexion. By using the combination (Flexion + Key Bender) it becomes a two part device. Instead I would suggest using the QB3 (I have the QB2, but know all about the QB3 - Thanks to Mr. John Sheets) which IMO is a very versatile and practical prop for bending coins and for bending as well as twisting keys. Just MY personal opinion.

Quote:

One of these days, I will try to make a short video tutorial that I can share with the community.

Love to see the video tutorial as to how you worked out the details and the choreography. Thanks for your time and efforts in advance.

Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, Dirk Pershing wrote:

That's quite a discouraging statement. Smile

OK, after watching THIS review video I am quite disappointed. Sorry - NOT FOR ME.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6SIlF_ycrc

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:

I agree.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Ok..went on youtube to search for this video. I think its this one the above poster is referring to:

It has to be a joke. Acid? Cmon...
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for the suggestion and sharing your idea. I too have Bavli's - Perfect Key Bending Trick. However IMO (other's opinion may vary) if you are using the Bavli's Perfect Key Bender you don't need the Flexion gimmick. The Bavli's bender can do the bending with much less effort as compared to the Flexion. By using the combination (Flexion + Key Bender) it becomes a two part device. Instead I would suggest using the QB3 (I have the QB2, but know all about the QB3 - Thanks to Mr. John Sheets) which IMO is a very versatile and practical prop for bending coins and for bending as well as twisting keys. Just MY personal opinion.

Quote:

Love to see the video tutorial as to how you worked out the details and the choreography. Thanks for your time and efforts in advance.

Quote:

That's quite a discouraging statement. Smile

OK, after watching THIS review video I am quite disappointed. Sorry - NOT FOR ME.

Smile

I agree with your last comment as well.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Cmon guys...it has to be a joke. Or an intended fake review to throw off the scent to the real method. It completely contradicts the ad copy.

Plus, Kaan does legit reviews here on the Café so I highly doubt he would reveal an actual method. Something as silly as the one he described is obviously a joke or misdirect.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, PendletonThe3rd wrote:

Ok..went on youtube to search for this video. I think its this one the above poster is referring to:

It has to be a joke. Acid? Cmon...

Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Cmon guys...it has to be a joke. Or an intended fake review to throw off the scent to the real method. It completely contradicts the ad copy.

Plus, Kaan does legit reviews here on the Café so I highly doubt he would reveal an actual method. Something as silly as the one he described is obviously a joke or misdirect.

I and my many friends have always trusted Kaan's magic reviews and opinion. They are honest and spot on. Hopefully this review is not a joke or misdirect. But, in case it's so, such reviews can act as a double edged weapon which can directly affect sales (rather badly affect sales) of a newly released magic product.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Either it's a joke/misdirect...or he is now in the business of revealing/exposing magic on his new "Magician reveals magic" series.

I believe it is the former.

The gimmick he describes is not consistent with the copy:
Gimmick hides in plain sight!
Nothing to conceal, add or ditch.
No Preparations. No Reset. It's always be ready for you to perform-on-the-fly!
Hassle-free gimmick.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
OK, you have a logical reason to suggest it's a joke or misdirect. And in case that be so, this review by Kaan is sure going to affect the sale of this newly released effect badly. I have no doubts in that. However I still fully trust Kaan and his reviews.

Let's wait and watch, and the truth will be out soon.

Smile
RichOrvec
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of RichOrvec
Wow. That review video is 100% a joke. I saw the gimmick and held it in my hands. I still have all my fingers.

If there really was a liquid solution that could temporarily soften metal, I’m pretty sure the first the world heard of it would not be through a magic/mentalism release.

Also, even if one were gullible enough to believe that, there would most certainly be a disclaimer in the ad.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, RichOrvec wrote:

Wow. That review video is 100% a joke. I saw the gimmick and held it in my hands.

I am sure people are going to hold their wallets nice and tight till they are sure as to what they are exactly going to play with. It's now the time for the creator/producer of De-Former to come out in the open and counter Kaan's review strongly, unless the video review has been deliberately planned and planted by the creator/producer themselves. And if that be so, this is sure going to hurt them badly.

. . . . till then, while holding back my 100 bucks, I'll be waiting and watching while enjoying the Café's hospitality. Smile Smile

Smile
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Well, don't hold back on buying it on account of this "exposure" video.

I would bet my house that your not getting acid, an invisible glove and a container to hold the acid.

I know your a clever dude so I'm sure you see how silly that sounds (I mean that in the kindest and fondest way!).
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
That is absolutely HILARIOUS that people are even remotely entertaining the idea that an acid is being used to accomplish these results!! I’m sure he’s watching this thread and dying laughing that people actually think a bottle of acid is in play!! Smile Smile Smile

This made my day! And it’s not even April 1st!! I can’t wait to see what he has planned next April Fools, it’s bound to be epic!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Ha ha ha Smile . . . may be I got fooled badly . . . but NOW I will keep my 100 buck safe till I exactly know what's being offered (how practical is the gimmick etc.) - I'm in no hurry. Menny won't be getting my (and many of my friend's) money so soon . . . that's for sure! Smile Smile . . . and till then, I am very happy and contented with my QB2.

Good luck for the new release.

Continue please . . . Smile

Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Many people saw this at Mindvention- and purchased. I did not have time to see the full demo.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Wow, Kaan’s idea is terrible in my opinion. Even if it is a joke, it will affect sales in a very bad way and his false explanation will throw off many people... Plus the fact he does real reviews on his channel, I think his video is the worst idea he had..

No acid or liquid used in Deformer, it’s a mechanical and 100% safe solution.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Time will tell who is telling the truth

For $100 I will hold back like Ustaad as we have seen before If something sounds too good it probably is
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
ACID?? Mawwaaa AAAAHHH HAHAHA
as if!!!, get real peeps!
its a bender similar to all the others on the market, anyone that seriously believes acid is the method needs to take a good long hard look at themselves in the mirror.
wake up!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
You can tell in the video description he is taking the p*ss.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deformer by Menny Lindenfeld (75 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL