The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - A Poker Trick by The Other Brothers (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
therealbrogilbert
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of therealbrogilbert
The Other Brothers are blowing my mind again. Incredibly commercial, simple and fun to do poker dem going on here. Enjoy!

Big Blind Media: https://bigblindmedia.com/products/a-pok......download
Be Amazing http://columbusmagicshop.com/product/the......ownload/
MJM Magic: https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-27794.html
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Too brief a description and demo to buy this. Expensive also.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
To me the effect is crystal clear, but you are right about it being expensive for a single effect download.

Probably very good though as they release quality.

Mike Donoghue
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Nice but $20? Strange they say the Vault, I don't recall them ever releasing this, unless it was part of the PH DVD set.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Is this really as clean as described?? If so then I’m very impressed
Alex McFly
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
AceFace, you're right. If this effect really happens, as described in the trailer and the description, then I'm very impressed. If so, then I would purchase it.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Must be some skullduggery involved
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Can't remember this on the P.H. box set( which I have ) at all.

Mike Donoghue
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
I really want to buy this but just lately I’ve been stung with deceptive videos and advertising, if this were as clean as it seems then it would be a miracle... I get the feeling that there must be some strange actions somewhere,some sort of counting/dealing process etc. I love all the effects the other brothers have released they are fun and wacky so in some ways any strange dealing/counting seems to fit in with the effect, but as they have stated this new effect is a lot more serious so any strange or odd procedure might not fit the effect... with this type of effect then surly you want it to be as straightforward as possible. I will definitely purchase this if the reviews are positive
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Of course it would be a miracle!
the add blurb is always the perceived effect, not the method!!!!
if you always keep that in mind when buying EFFECTS you will be less disappointed.
we do tricks, not real magic.
if this EFFECT was achieved by doing ONLY what the blurb says, it would be real magic, or a one in a googolplexian chance .
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Need to know what sleights are included? P##ming? Se##p deck? Deck ####ch

don't like that stuff.
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Catweazle : spot on man!

Colombini has a poker effect called Perpetual Poker Deal which is pretty neat but you have to deal the cards and no mixing from spectator.
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
Just got this. Love it!

Easy to do, no sleights (there is one variant with a very simple sleight), great reactions, does require a simple set-up, but you can use any suite/sequence other than the one shown in the trailer.

In case you are wondering what got "edited out", you do handle the deck twice, once after the spectator cuts for the first time, and once after the spectator takes the card and keeps it up his/her sleeves. However, on both occasions, the handling is very innocent and no one would suspect anything.

The killer moment when everyone is fooled is when the deck is passed to the spectator to riffle shuffle and then deal the cards. Awesome!

The explanation of the history and "principle" involved itself was worth the price of the purchase, as knowing it opens up a world of possibilities!

Also, I had a question about a situation I experienced while testing this, and the Other Brothers were super quick to respond and help out on their FB messenger!

Way to go!
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Does the deck have to be riffle shuffled by the spectator? I can imagine you need to pick someone that can riffle shuffle pretty good...I still really tempted but I’m gonna wait for some more opinions
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
If the magician handeling the cards looks pretty innocent couldn’t we have seen a full performance? Or is it too revealing
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Spectator does table rifle shuffle and NO it does not need to be anywhere near perfect.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Does it come with the loud music?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
Spectator must riffle shuffle. The "math" behind this is genius but it will not work with overhand or any other shuffle.

Although the parts where the magician handling the deck (that is not shown) will fly by most spectators, the technique used in the first handling will not fool most magicians. However, the part when the deck is later riffle shuffled by the spectator will fool many magicians, so it sort of cancels out what magicians thought they figured out in the first handling.

And yes, to reinforce an earlier post, it is genius because it caters for even the worst possible riffle shuffle!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Even in the demo it's apparent that the dealing is sort of weird: taking cards from above and from the bottom.

Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Does it use the Gilbreath principle ? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - A Poker Trick by The Other Brothers (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL