The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ed Kwon at the Magic Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shaunluttin
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of shaunluttin

Here is a 29-minute live performance of mine: https://youtu.be/lq2Rj1uf05M

I used to be quite sensitive to criticism; I am much less so now; so, please do criticize my technique, presentation, and posts. It helps me to grow, and I promise to take responsibility and not to be defensive.

will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
I did too! His coins across at the beginning is deceptively simple.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Very impressive ... at just 21! &$#. Yes Congratulations, Ed.
AsL
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of AsL
Also enjoyed it! Everything was exceptionaly well rehearsed. From his opener to Triumph and everything else, performed like a true professional that has properly rehearsed. Enjoyed the full 20 minutes!

AsL
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
2-👍👍
rosstrainer08
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of rosstrainer08
An excellent performance! Any references for where to learn the coin routine at the beginning?
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
279 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Rossrtainer-you can find the coin routine in Roth’s Expert Coin Magic by Richard Kaufman

For me, Ed Kwon’s show is very inspiring. None of these tricks are knucklebusting originals, they are all classic tricks that are easily found in books or videos and easily learned.
Mr Kwon has practiced hard, rehearsed extensively and has added his own personality and charm to bring these all together into a nice, entertaining show.
Stew
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Stew
Too bad they took the video down. Excellent presentation! Does anyone know if he's ever published lecture notes?
rosstrainer08
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of rosstrainer08
MGordonB thanks so much for your direction. I loved Ed’s performance too luckily I downloaded his YouTube video before he took it down.

He is a wonderful and talented magician. I hope to see more of his work soon. I actually did a Skype lesson with Ed, but had so much card stuff to get through I didn’t get a chance to cover his coin work.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Ed is both an amazing performer and just overall a wonderful person. Super knowledgeable and very humble. Great to be around and chat with. If you are able to meet him in person I suggest you do so. He is a gem!
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2019, rosstrainer08 wrote:
MGordonB thanks so much for your direction. I loved Ed’s performance too luckily I downloaded his YouTube video before he took it down.

He is a wonderful and talented magician. I hope to see more of his work soon. I actually did a Skype lesson with Ed, but had so much card stuff to get through I didn’t get a chance to cover his coin work.

Ed will probably not liking the fact that you download his Youtube video
rosstrainer08
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of rosstrainer08
Hi MorrisCH,

If something is on YT it’s meant for public consumption, I’m sure Ed will realise that this was a possibility.
I respect Ed greatly, and don’t plan to share this video at all. I don’t feel I’ve done any wrong.
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, rosstrainer08 wrote:
Hi MorrisCH,

If something is on YT it’s meant for public consumption, I’m sure Ed will realise that this was a possibility.
I respect Ed greatly, and don’t plan to share this video at all. I don’t feel I’ve done any wrong.

It depends upon how the video got onto youtube in the first place. If someone uploaded a video without a performer's permission then it is not right to copy it. Now if a performer is part of a show, say America's Got Talent, and signs a release to allow the content to be put on various sites, then I would agree with you. Making a copy is still questionable in some cases, but if there is no verbiage in the video itself or in the description admonishing against copying or re-transmitting, then it is probably OK.

This performer apparently doesn't want any of his performances available on youtube. We should honor that.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Stew
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Stew
For those interested, the Ed Kwon video is back up on YouTube.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
You can't get more classical than this. And I mean it as the greatest compliment!

Mark
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
BTW, with regard to our previous discussion, Ed himself uploaded the video so that clears up at least part of the issue.
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
The performance was extremely enjoyable. The relaxed attitude, humor and engaging attitude made the performance special. Notice how he respectfully welcomed the two ladies, asked their names and actually listened. Then later he asked if they were having fun. How remarkable is that? Remarkable enough that I noticed. The magic was pretty much standard fare but that is what he intended. He did it cleanly, confidently and won the crowd over. A very mature performance for a young man.
rosstrainer08
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of rosstrainer08
I agree Tortuga and I’m glad it’s back online for all to enjoy.

A true tribute to Vernon whilst still making it his own. Wonderful.
Mike.Bonner
View Profile
New user
Gloucester, England
18 Posts

Profile of Mike.Bonner
This was an excellent performance. I love how he uses lines from Expert Card Technique 'birds of a feather'... (which I also acknowledge are likely used in other effects).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ed Kwon at the Magic Castle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL