The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IVY ENVELOPE by Danny Weiser, Bond Lee and Magiclism Store (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
This envelope is one of the subtlest switching devices on the market!

Proudly presented by Danny Weiser, Bond Lee and Magiclism Store.

Imagine having the ability to switch a small object openly -- how powerful would that be in your performances?

IVY ENVELOPE is a utility device that allows you to perform numerous effects cleanly. Just to name a few examples:

- Signed card at impossible location
- Mentalism
- Prediction
- Appearing and vanishing small objects

Be creative and the sky is your limit!

Contents:

- 5 IVY ENVELOPES
- Online instructions

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63004

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Video looks good, although I'd like to see an uncut version. Looks like some good editing as you don't see the whole sequence. Would like to see more. I can think of make uses though and will get this.
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Does a playing card have to be mercury folded
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Conceptually, looks somewhat similar to Jeff Kaylor's Unbelievalope. Anyone able to compare the two?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The concept is nice and very similar to 'Unbelievalope'. However proportionally the flap is excessively and abnormally big, whereas the 'Unbelievalope' looks much better proportionally. IMO more thought should have gone into while designing this kind of envelope.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
The function of it looks very similar to Paul Romhany's Dream Prediction Elite envelope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZIhRzySRxk

I'd say "one of the subtlest switching devices on the market" is a stretch. The switch itself looks good, but to market it as a subtle device... the envelope definitely does not look like a normal, subtle, inconspicuous envelope - it looks like a magician's prop, where there is something special about it. Similar to how the Square Circle illusion looks amazing and is a genuine baffler... but it's obvious that there's a trick somehow built into the device.
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
The nice Visual is of course that you can "pour" the object out of the envelope while executing the switch, something that you can't do with unbelievalope. The size is also nice for Close up work although I would imagine it limits the size of the object to switch out, hence the SCF (see what I did there? Smile ).

It really looks good though.

I made up a bunch of envelopes from the Roger Curzon DVD and cut them down to about the size of a playing card and a half.
For stage work I use the unbelievalope.

If you don't already have an envelope you use, this could be a good alternative, especially for Close up work (not having seen it I am of course merely guessing this)

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Interesting, but not for me as it does not look like any envelope that I've ever seen in normal use (therefore it looks like a magic prop and loses the whole natural/organic feel).
Good luck with the project though.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
The concept is nice and very similar to 'Unbelievalope'. However proportionally the flap is excessively and abnormally big, whereas the 'Unbelievalope' looks much better proportionally. IMO more thought should have gone into while designing this kind of envelope.

Smile

Yeah, I think Unbelievalope is probably more fooling. I guess the "benefit" of this one is that you can "shake" the contents out, but not sure that's a huge benefit? With something like Unbelievalope, the fact that you actually see the fingers grab the card/billet/whatever is part of what sells the effect. But I could see why some might prefer this for closeup, as Unbelievalope can be a bit much for closeup.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Okie dokie, I need to recant parts of my previous post.

I still stand by the part about how it doesn't look like a normal envelope.

BUT, there is something special about this which sort of negates that property. And I don't know why this wasn't mentioned in the ad copy or the video: the spectator can place the object into the envelope. And the envelope can be placed in their hand. You still need to be the one to do the switch, but when you allow the spectator to "interact with the gimmick", the heat significantly decreases.

Over the past couple days, multiple people have contacted me to inform me of this release, with concerns that it may be a slightly modified version or a clone of my "Envelope-atron", which was released back in January. So about an hour ago, I had a chat with Danny to discuss the workings... and I was pleasantly surprised by the method. And I'm also very pleased to say that it is definitely not the same.

Even though the "dumping out" motion looks similar to Paul Romhany's envelope, the method is considerably different from his as well.

Obviously, I haven't tried it myself yet, but based on Danny's demonstration (over video chat), it looks like there shouldn't be any problems with it not being smooth, easy, etc.

I'm still partial to the Envelope-atron (I'm heavily biased Smile ), since it allows for other applications (outs, peeks, reverse-switches). But if you only intend to use the IVY envelope as a means of allowing the spectator to place a card/billet inside, and you later switch it for a different one (such as predicting a signed card), or switching in a prediction, then IVY will do the trick.

The envelopes are being supplied, though it wouldn't be too difficult to manufacture your own. For anyone who doesn't like the really large flap design, you could easily make this out of those small, decorative gift/letter envelopes, which already have large flaps.

Tom Phoenix
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@Tom:

Nice review. That clarifies it all. Thank you.

I liked the your alternate Letter Envelope suggestion for the large flap design. That will make the envelope look quite normal and ordinary.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Mobius
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mobius
I own Unbelievalope and Tom's envelope and they are both great. However, if you are looking for a normal looking envelope then I would suggest looking at Roger Curzon's envelope (I developed mine from instructions given in Sublimations but tweaked it so they are reusable). Spectator can hold the envelope and it looks like a normal envelope front and back.

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IVY ENVELOPE by Danny Weiser, Bond Lee and Magiclism Store (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL