The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trabucco Holdout (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
jones08
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of jones08
I have Subterfuge and I'm not entirely happy with the system. Is Trabucco the same idea, or do you think it would be something I should look into?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3967 Posts

Profile of emyers99
With Trabucco, you have nothing attached to your hands or sleeves at any time. Your hands are completely free and clean and the ditches/steals look invisible if you can do even the slighest misdirection. It does pretty much require a jacket however and some minor alteration is necessary although you can do it yourself.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
And don't forget your sleeves can be up the whole time!
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
239 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I have still not had anyone catch the method during performance (including magicians). Much like the topit, less is more. I love my Trabucco Holdout. Thanks Paul.
Regards,
Jim
jones08
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of jones08
"With Trabucco, you have nothing attached to your hands or sleeves at any time. Your hands are completely free and clean and the ditches/steals look invisible if you can do even the slighest misdirection. It does pretty much require a jacket however and some minor alteration is necessary although you can do it yourself."

"And don't forget your sleeves can be up the whole time!"

Thanks for the answers. This is sounding interesting. I don't like the jacket part, though--I never wear one. Any way around this? Maybe a baggy shirt over a t-shirt?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3967 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Probably not. Some have said you can do it with a vest, but jacket is the best way by far.
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
239 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
A vest would be possible but the jacket is definetly the way to go. It is easy to transfer between jackets.

Jim
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I ordered mine 2 days ago from Paul at Elmwood, and I can not wait to get it. I also seen Mr Schoolcraft make use of the Trabucco hold out in his 3CM video. He was wearing a short sleeved shirt, any thoughts on this type of modification? I really am excited to get this. I recently started working with coins(cardman at heart) but feel after 5 years of strickly card work, it is time to move on to coin work.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
TOM WIESE
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of TOM WIESE
I have spoke to Jamie in regards to his 3CM video. He told me that he did not use a Trubucco Holdout in his video.

Tom
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Ouch, I could have sworn I read he used it in the vid. Oh well, I am sure I will love my Hold-out
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
I am interested in this gimmick. Can someone that has this holdout confirm that there are 2 ways to set this up with a loose fitting short sleeved shirt? On Elmwood magic's site it says in the Trabucco Holdout forum there are 2 ways to set this up with short sleeves. If this is true then I will buy this tomorrow. Thanks.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2006-08-13 22:51, magiclee71 wrote:
I am interested in this gimmick. Can someone that has this holdout confirm that there are 2 ways to set this up with a loose fitting short sleeved shirt? On Elmwood magic's site it says in the Trabucco Holdout forum there are 2 ways to set this up with short sleeves. If this is true then I will buy this tomorrow. Thanks.

I will let you know on Friday, mine is sitting at the post office waiting for me to pay the duty. Getting it at lunch today.
magicxman
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of magicxman
You just need a loose fitting shirt or jacket. Long or short sleeves not a matter.
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
Thanks guys for your replies. I ordered mine yesterday and was shipped out the same day. Elmwood Magic shipping is great. I am very excited to put this to use. A short sleeve, button up, untucked shirt will do the job from what I was told at Elmwood.
the who dini
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of the who dini
Does anyone own a Black Widow? How is the Trabucco Holdout diffrent from the Black Widow?
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
What a humerous thread!

I saw the TH demonstrated by the man himself at Blackpool 2 years back and loved it.

Not for me, but VERY smart anyway. If I hadnt just spent a lot on useless toys I probably would have picked one up!

In my opinion, the TH is best NOT used to make things vanish, but as a clean up device for switching in / out items or removing the evidence at the end of a routine.

Gary
haccis
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of haccis
First, I havent slightest idea what this gimmick might be. (Interesting is only thing what know about it).
So...

1. I work usually surrounded, can I use this "holdout" normally if I'm surrounded?

2. I work usually walk around. Does this mighty gimmick need some reset or secert loading?

3. Do I need some special clothing? Like M. Ammars topit, what's assembled with serious cutting and needle using. Is it easy removable from cloths and is it "switchable" to another clothes? ( Different clothes for different audience).
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I was just with vic this past monday...he had on a short sleeved shirt..while DEVESTATING everyone around him! It SHOULD be done in a short sleeved shirt in my opinion.
GREAT UTILITY DEVICE!!
Justin N. Miller
dannydaniels
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of dannydaniels
I just received my holdout and am totally satisfied with the product. I have to admit and agree with some who have also said it, even my daughter (who knows a little about magic) saw "the move" every time on the DVD. That is not to say the holdout or method is bad. Remember, Victor is performing at such a distance in front of the camera that does not give the holdout its due merits. It fries people when working in real-world close-up and/ or surrounded conditions. With a little management, even using it at a distance, you can still blow their minds. I work professionally here in Germany, and the Germans really REALLY burn your hands. I have my own routines that have always paid well, but the TH has greatly augmented them. I get a great kick out of this baby. Bottom line: it's fun to work with, a great tool, and it floors people when I roll up my sleeves, show my hands empty, and then a coin is at my fingertips a la Larry Jennings nice move from his Hook routine. Slow mo' and cool. It is simply a GREAT UTILITY DEVICE (thanks Justin)! That's it. Thanks, Vic!
I'm not confused... I just don't know yet.
dannydaniels
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of dannydaniels
Sorry, I have to add that my daughter knows what to look for! Most folks won't catch it!
I'm not confused... I just don't know yet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trabucco Holdout (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL