The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trabucco Holdout (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Over a hundred dollars paid and you can accomplish the effect with easy sleight of hand?

From Smilean Watkins:
RE: special coins being sold separately -
can't you separately buy them from one of the custom coin guys?

Why should I have to search this out on my own?

I’m selling the effect for far les than I paid. I think Paul has done a disservice releasing prematurely this early and giving a poor excuse in this forum. I gave him a chance to correct the problem and he stopped replying.

Buyer beware!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
MagicChris:

When did I stop replying? As far as I can see I have answered everything you have asked.

Chris, if you have ANY questions or comments that I have not addressed...then PLEASE make ME aware of them.
Best Wishes,
Paul Richards
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The Trabucco Holdout is a quality item. I hope everyone realizes that. I read the add several times before buying and no where did I see “special coin(s) included”. That would have told me that my own coins would not work with it.

It says: “you'll also receive all of the necessary component parts to begin using your holdout from the minute you've installed it”.

This is true. But I think it should have said more. It wouldn’t have given away its deadly secret and the buyer would know more. I should have written Elmwood first and asked can I use my own coins. Paul runs a FANTASTIC operation and would have given me the answer.

There’s a bent nail effect that will spook your spectators. Fantastic thinking went into this!!!! ( Yes, the nail is included ;-)

Chris

sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of sharpace
[quote]On 2004-05-14 02:13, MagicChris wrote:
Over a hundred dollars paid and you can accomplish the effect with easy sleight of hand?

MagicChris,

If you don't paid "Over a hundred dollars"you don't know what's inside/enclosed with the Trabucco Holdout package. You have paid for the secret.

Luckily I have seen what is enclosed without purchased it. Honestly it is not too bad, may be just not worth for what you paid. As you said all the routine can perform by easy sleight of hand.

As to the gimmick I have a new way to install it, I think this way much better than the one teached in the DVD.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think it's worth every penney. Everyone should own one. I just have an issue with the coin not being included or being available.

coinlover
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of coinlover
Quote:
On 2004-05-14 02:13, MagicChris wrote:

I?m selling the effect for far les than I paid. I think Paul has done a disservice releasing prematurely this early and giving a poor excuse in this forum. I gave him a chance to correct the problem and he stopped replying.

Buyer beware!!

Chris

If it worth every penney. Why you want to sell it and ask Buyer beware !! ??????
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm taking the high road. I can get the coin made. I just think it should have been included.

Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of Rocky
While at the recent Fechters get together I was involved in a conversation regarding holdouts...Basically, most of us felt that its a crime to charge anyone over 25 bucks for such an item. Think about it, how mant effects in your act are going to rely on this piece of apparatus? If you use a holdout for more than one effect,your overusing it...period.Should you decide that your act wont be a hit unless you add a routine that wont work without the aid of a holdout,check out Pete Biros design.Works like a charm, its simple to make and operates reliably.

All my love....Rocky
Duke
View Profile
New user
tiny Switzerland
15 Posts

Profile of Duke
I received mine yesterday and I am inspired. I could not stop any longer to play and practice thereby. It gives you so many possibilities. But the best for me is the following fact: I am a big fan of the "Perfect Holdout System". Now I have the possibility of combining these two Holdouts. It makes enormous fun with it to experiment. And by the way: I give a sh... on it whether this or that one was not supplied. Just use your fantasy, makes much more fun, than given routines and the appropriate accessories. Fantasy is everything in Magic. An enormous complement to Mr. Trabucco.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, I for one would have liked the coin supplied. For $125, it should have.

Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-05-14 14:44, Rocky wrote:
...most of us felt that its a crime to charge anyone over 25 bucks for such an item...how mant effects in your act are going to rely on this piece of apparatus?

I'm glad a lot of magicians feel that way because it means everyone won't be doing what I am.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I don't mind high prices if there is value there.

johngault
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of johngault
I may have been one of the first guys in the country to get the Trabucco Holdout and I have been using it ever since. I can not stress how important it is to truly get this thing in use…the reactions I have received are simply wonderful. If you’re making any asessment without having truly worked with this for awhile, you’re doing both yourself and Mr Trabucco an injustice.

I’ve been using the two coin transpo and the nail bend mostly, both are squeaky clean. I also think using it for simply producing and vanishing coins is nothing short of "real" magic.

I’m wondering if some of the comments here are even being made by people who own it!?!?

“EASILY accomplished with sleight of hand?” WHAT? I’m no slouch at sleights and I’m not sure how you could do any of the effects as cleanly without some very difficult techniques.

The movements look graceful and natural. The technique for loading and unloading is direct and deceptive.

I’ve bought a lot of magic over the years and have paid twice as much for things as simple a dice cup! So for my vote - not only is the TH a great item, it’s under priced!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You can do the magic with sleight of hand. If you can do a classic palm, spellbound moves and a ramsey subtley, you can perform magic without the holdout.

This is a great device and wonderful how they made it for each side ( left and right ). But, that darm 2 sided coin should be included OR be avaialable.

Understand: AVAILABLE. It's not and that's wrong. It was released prematurely.

johngault
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of johngault
My point was about the "cleaness" of each effect. Of course you can do the basic effects with moves - but you'll never be as clean unless you're using much more sophisticated techniques than you listed.

You mentioned U3F - isn't one of the fundamental benefits to using that (as opposed to straight sleight of hand methods) the "cleaness" of the effect? Obviously we as magicians are willing to learn, master, and pay for products that make our magic look better. I believe the TH certainly does that.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You can't compare U3F with this. It's like comparing apples and oranges!!!

Duke
View Profile
New user
tiny Switzerland
15 Posts

Profile of Duke
Only4card,

I don't think you really understand what Johngault tries to explain. Slight of hands is very beautiful, but you are afterwards not really clean in most cases. I also think that it is important to keep the movements and the action as simple as possible. It does not make any sense to nearly break the fingers,if you can come with simplicity to the goal. The spectator does not interested, what difficult sleights the performer has learned. Sometimes I have the feeling that certain people much rather loves to show what madly fast hands they have, instead of leading the folks in to a magic dream.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The DVD shows Mr. Trabucco performing many effects and how powerful the holdout is. He's a gifted Magician, that's for sure!

mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
I just have an issue with the coin not being included or being available

But you don't have issues with books like Roth's where the props are not included?

Mike
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-05-17 23:01, mike gallo wrote:
I just have an issue with the coin not being included or being available

But you don't have issues with books like Roth's where the props are not included?

Mike

Mike, the coins the Roth book mentions are available. The coin used in the Elmwood product release is not available. I believe the DVD discusses the coin has to be just right in order to release it. If you get it made, it may not release so easy. That's why Elmwood should have had it available when they released this.

Mike, I don't think any coin routine is as powerful as coins through table with the Gallo Kicker!! Thanks for that!!!!

Chris

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trabucco Holdout (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL