The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trabucco Holdout (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Mike, the coins the Roth book mentions are available.

Yes, they are...but the planet, the rainbow, the salt shakers, the rubber stamp, the portable hole ect. etc. etc.....are not! And thanks for the kind words about the coins through table, I have lots of fun with that one.

Mike
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I’m going to jump in here.

First of all I am a friend of Vic but have nothing to do with Elmwood and have no financial stake in this product. I have endorsed the product with the following quote and I stand behind it:

"My other holdouts are in a drawer. They're just too messy to deal with. Vic's holdout is in my coat all the time. My sleeves are rolled up and yet objects are appearing from nowhere and disappearing without a trace. There are no funny hand twitches or tossing motions. Vic's holdout won't end up in your drawer. This is something you will use, and use, and use" Mike Powers

I bought the “Invisible Hand” holdout at FFFF a few years back. The demonstrators were performing miracles and I had to have one. The line to buy this item was LONG. You didn’t get much for $50 but nonetheless I swore I’d use it. It never made its way into my jacket and I’ll bet very few who have bought it actually use it since it take a LOT of practice to do the miracles. I never committed myself to the practice required. It’s in my drawer.

Vic’s holdout made its way into my jacket immediately. With this holdout, you’ll be ULTRA CLEAN right away. It won’t take many hours of practice to master this item and you will find many uses beyond those given on the DVD. I bought one at the 52 Convention last year. I received only the holdout with no DVD and no extra items. I got to see Vic use the holdout in the real world on both laypeople and magicians (including myself). It’s GREAT and well worth $125 in its new incarnation with a DVD and special items.

Vic recently sent me the DVD. The one criticism I have of it is that it doesn’t give you the view of a real spectator. The panoramic view of the camera makes the action more visible. When you work for real people close up while standing, the action is totally invisible with no “tells.” If you turn slightly to the right or left when working with people, say at a table, there will be nothing to see at all. Coins (and other objects) will seem to come from nowhere and disappear totally. On the DVD there is a bit of a “tell” due to the camera’s panoramic view. This doesn’t happen in the real world if you just turn slightly at the proper times.

As far as the issue of premature release goes I don’t think anyone will be unhappy with his or her purchase. I look forward to the release of an accessory package. But meanwhile I am having loads of fun and am developing new ideas for its use. I hope Elmwood will create an area on their website for new ideas for this cool product.

A couple of final thoughts – The modus operandi of this holdout may become transparent due to ongoing discussions. Be aware that quite a bit of thinking and trial and error went into the design of this product. It’s not a simple matter to recreate this item from a vague idea of what it is or even directly when the item is in hand. I think $125 is a fair price given that you get a DVD as well two holdouts (one for each side) and several other items. I’d like to hear more comments from people who have this product, especially new ideas for its use (although this should probably be shared privately if the secret is not to be compromised).

Mike
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Mike:

Thanks for the kind words...by the way, I was one of the guys in that line for the “Invisible Hand” and can certainly relate to your comments.

I’m glad you brought up the “DVD view” versus “real world view”. Believe it or not, we actually re-shot some scenes to give the more panoramic view so that NO ONE could accuse us of hiding the dirty work! We did this in an effort to be totally fair to the viewer. But I echo the sentiment that in the “real world” the technique is truly invisible.

I also plan on adding section for owners of the holdout to share their ideas and insights to our site. This area will be password protected and ONLY for owners of the Trabucco Holdout. I will keep you posted when it goes live. Thanks again!

Best Wishes,
Paul Richards
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paul when will the add on items be available?

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I have just recieved this a day or so ago and I must say I am very happy with my purchase

The holdouts are very easy to fit and move from jacket to jacket and with a little thought you can even fit them to a loose fitting tee shirt or sweat shirt (as only old guys tuck shirts into their trousers/pants over here in the UK) so you can work slevless and jacket less if you are so inclined or are at a party with friends.

the moves are very natural and I would reccommend anyone using the holdout to read "Leading with you head" by Gary Kurtz as it will help you a lot with picking up and dumping out of the hot zones.

I have already come up with a supurb nail bend which is far more direct and clean than the one supplied if the sugested forum gets off the ground I will post it there
Phillip
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Can this be used to vanish a key.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Can you do it on a boat?
Can you do it with a goat?
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Yes, this can be used with most keys. Some would require a little "gaffing"...but that would be very easy to do.

Yes, on a boat.

Perhaps, with a goat...but the goat would definitely require a little "gaffing". Smile

Best Wishes,
Paul Richards
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thanks Paul. Sounds like a great way to do the final vanish in Archangel.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I haven't seen the add ons on Elmwood yet.

Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
MagicChris said:
"I haven't seen the add ons on Elmwood yet."
-----
They probably don't want to release them prematurely.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paul wrote me a nice note saying they were going to be available soon.

Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
The THO is one of those things where you slap your head saying: why didn't I think of this...Very clever!
My creative juices are flowing.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Just a quick note to let users know that we have added a number of component items for the Trabucco Holdout to our site. You can get full information, by simply entering “Trabucco” into the search engine at our web site.

Best Wishes,
Paul Richards
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Quote:
Just a quick note to let users know that we have added a number of component items for the Trabucco Holdout to our site. You can get full information, by simply entering “Trabucco” into the search engine at our web site.

Best Wishes,
Paul Richards

Paul,
I went to your site and looked at the items now available and I'm quite interested. Is there any chance you might put together a "Pro Kit" that would include everything for a special price?

Thanks,
Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
The reason we choose NOT to assemble them as a kit is that EVERYONE has asked for different combinations.

I will let you know, that when you purchase the Holdout itself it comes with a coupon that allows you to buy 3 component items at 20% off. We have not advertised that but, for the present time, it is included as a bonus in the box.

Best Wishes,
Paul Richards
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I sold mine.

ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Just received, and VERY happy with the design (he thought through some of the major issues I've had with props working on similar principle, and solved them!), construction, and all of the "props" (e.g., coins) it came with. Wonderful utility piece whose use is only limited by the magicians imagination.
paulsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of paulsmagic
TO: MAGIC CHRIS
I suggest you get a book about marketing. when you go to a car show, the manufacturer shows you a futuristic car that is not available YET. it wets your appetite.
the same is what you describe about the minor point about a coin not being available. you start by saying you don't have either holdouts you discuss because of the price, then in the same breath say that you want another coin for the effect. personally it doesn't sound like you bought either one or sold anything. you are just whining. this is a site to help magicians not a doctor's couch. if you have an issue with Paul Richards take it up with him personally. you are doing this site a disservice with your diatribe. stop already.
coinlover
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of coinlover
MagicChris sold his may be has his own reason. I really attracted by the ad. I will pm MagicChris for more details before ordering. But I found on Elmwood site the addon Chinese coin for 3am Spellbound is very ugly. It don't look like a chinese coin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Trabucco Holdout (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL