The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Breather Stickers (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I just happened upon these on the Penguin site and saw only 1 review (which happened to be written today). Are these new? I tried the search to no avail.

I like the Idea, It looks like they fill the entire inner rectangle unlike a variation I have seen with a marketed Tenyo effect that only covers the middle part of the clothing on the court card. Can anyone verify the size? As of now, I only see two being offered.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S25835?action=wishlist Queen of Spades
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S25834 King of Diamonds

Although they are not the most practical gaff, there are effects these work great for as well as serving as a "Thick Card" key card. I may add one of each to my next penguin order that I need a couple dollars worth of merch to reach "free shipping".
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8909 Posts

Profile of pegasus
What a novel idea. I have a similar gaff with my RPG deck. They are very reliable in acting as a breather card.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2492 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
How many do you think you get?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
No idea, I might ask tomorrow when chat is up. The one Review even makes it look like the "plural" stickers. He calls it a sticker sheet?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1825 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
You get two, it says that on the product photo.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2492 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
786 Posts

Profile of no2ss
They're currently at the top of the list on Penguin's "New Arrivals" list, so looks like they were added today. If the quality is good, can see cases where it might be more useful than a BC, though $7 for two stickers when you could just create a BC for free... Does seem like a case where it only does make sense if you're ~$5 short of making the $50 free shipping option.
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
385 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Wonder how the sheen/gloss of the stickers are compared to playing cards. Like how noticeable are these when on a card.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I read of this idea in the "only ideas" book and tried it out....it works a whole lot better than normal BC's for when you want the spectator to do the cut for you ...a lot more reliable!

Btw these stickers are made by the same guys who wrote the only ideas book I think.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Think they should make one for the bottom card of popular stacks.
Bietfriek
View Profile
Elite user
Banned after
493 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Using a paper punch/X-acto knife and some glue you could create something yourself pretty easily. I would prefer the original concept, no need to worry about gloss, color or feel and you could even use a borrowed deck if you want to.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3501 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, Newb2 wrote:
Think they should make one for the bottom card of popular stacks.

I don't think it would work too well on non-court cards.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2658 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I guess I'm missing the point of this - is this somehow different than just making a breather card? Just curious as I always have a breather in my deck which never fails me and is super quick and simple to make.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
OK, maybe this is discussing the method too much, but does this "sticker" have a hard bump under it? If not, I cannot imagine what benefit it has over free methods such as an actual BC, a homemade "thick card," etc.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, Andrew Zuber wrote:
I guess I'm missing the point of this - is this somehow different than just making a breather card? Just curious as I always have a breather in my deck which never fails me and is super quick and simple to make.

With a normal breather c***p you have to "reset" or readjust it every so often. This doesn't need that, it's permanently a breather, also a lot more reliable imo
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8909 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:

With a normal breather c***p you have to "reset" or readjust it every so often. This doesn't need that, it's permanently a breather, also a lot more reliable imo

Bingo.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1539 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Very cool. I've been using something similar over the years. I tear 2 pieces of satin tape off about the size of a quarter, tape them on top of each other and apply them to the face of a court card. It's invisible, cheap and works like a charm. At First I used 4 pieces of tape but that was too thick and was noticable. 2 pieces thick is the sweet spot for me.
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
191 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I'm curious how these might handle with faro shuffles? Can anyone advise?
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:

It's also $3.50 a card.....

This is solving a problem that no-one has. Breathers are super easy to use, yes they might need the work putting back into them every so often, but so what? It takes 5 seconds. Once you are used to breathers they are /very/ reliable
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1236 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Seeing as people like to throw their money away stupidly I'm gonna be selling short cards, £6.50 a card. Come on guys who wants one first?

Kieran
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Breather Stickers (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL