The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The workers Ľ Ľ Save Vladís magic library (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hi all,

Finishing up details with Immigration in the Netherlands then I should be out of here and back to America in a week and a half. I will be keep everyone apprised of the situation as to how much of my stuff I can move and when. Rachmaninov gave me access to the GoFundMe page, but, I will not touch it until ready and I will post here.

Thank you again to all who donated and to all who sent their prayers and hopes for me. We didn't make the goal but Iam so very appreciative for EVERYTHING guys! I'll get in touch with Ferry Gerats after I am home in America and I will ask him to see if he knows of a magic club that can use whatever I cannot take back.

Thus begins a journey whose end I do not know.

Bless all of you.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hi again all,

I see that the anonymous donor has matched what was donated. As I wrote in a previous post, I had wanted to refuse such a huge donation because I fear such would be possibly a hardship. I do not know who you are but I cannot express how much your generosity means to me. I pray that this will not be a hardship for you. That is a lot of money! God bless you, and again God bless all of you for everything: for the prayers, hopes, private messages, and for helping me. Many of you expressed regret that you could not help financially. Please have no regrets? The very fact that you reached out and wished me well and some even offered to give me some books! No regrets guys! Your kindness has given me some light in these very dark days.

Here is the plan:

I have reached an agreement that the books will be safe for a couple of months so I will have time to get an international moving company to retrieve and ship the books. I will as I said keep everyone informed. While Rachmaninov has given me access to the funds, I don't know how to access them. I will ask him when the time is right and I will post HERE when I have received them. I will cobble together a website with scans and such so that everyone knows exactly what is going on.

I cannot wait to get things in order, get back to living again, performing, and, I want to, in time, refund the money to all who donated. The site lists all by name EXCEPT the anonymous donors. If you anonymous angels would provide Rachmanonov with your names - and I will not ask him for them so that you can remain so - I will send HIM the money so that he can then get it back to you.

YOU have all made me believe again and I will make this community proud. I promise you that.

I want to thank the admins for allowing this thread to be here. I know that normally it would have been moved. As much to all here, your doing this deserves a deep bow from me. You too have my gratitude. Smile <3
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
835 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Hi my friend,
Iím glad you seem to feel better. Your words are always remembering our humanity. And it makes me feeling good.

Iím so amazed by our anonymous donator generosity. Itís really a godís inspired gesture. And discussing with him totally convinced me that he is an angel of exceptional nature.
This last spring, I was commenting about the high price of the Thompson set, and he reached me out offering me to pay half the setís price. I declined because I was first worrying about a scam, then I discovered it was just pure generosity, I had the money to purchase them but I didnít want to help the market to set so high price standards. I finally declined, and I was really amazed by this behavior. Itís so unusual in this competitive mega lucrative stupid marketing worldÖ

Joe, donations are not done to be refunded back. This campaign and our supporting words are just a little something to help you starting a new life, the one you deserve, with a lot of happiness, loveÖand cards !

Thanks for giving those news.

Mat
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
835 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Just a little note to remind people that the so generous soul who has already given 800 euros will continue to match every donation. So if someone gives 30 euros, he will give 30 too.

We are close to the final goal. A few small efforts and we will be there.

Thanks to all !
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1454 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Not sure why my comments about alternative ways to get the money was deleted. I was only making suggestions. Obviously this thread is closely monitered and only allows certain comments. Say one thing that doesn't sit well with one person and it gets reported and deleted. smh
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1218 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Is this the comment you made, Bobby?: "Have you guys looked into the cost of sea freight VS air freight for international shipping? Makes a big difference in price." It's still here. But maybe that wasn't what you were referring to.

I reported to the moderators some extremely offensive remarks that appeared today -- and I mean offensive. Those remarks, together with a couple of responses to them have been deleted. I can't imagine why any of your remarks would have been erased.

Bob
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
835 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Thanks Bob for having asked some help from the moderators. I was wondering to do the same, and I decided to try to answer.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1218 Posts

Profile of Bob G
You're welcome, Rachmaninov. I tried to answer while I was waiting for the moderators to have a chance, but I don't think it was going to go anywhere.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2018, Bob G wrote:
Is this the comment you made, Bobby?: "Have you guys looked into the cost of sea freight VS air freight for international shipping? Makes a big difference in price." It's still here. But maybe that wasn't what you were referring to.

I reported to the moderators some extremely offensive remarks that appeared today -- and I mean offensive. Those remarks, together with a couple of responses to them have been deleted. I can't imagine why any of your remarks would have been erased.

Bob

It saddens me that offensive remarks were made. I would not be so upset if they were directed at me - I didn't see them - but I would be enraged if they were directed at members of this community that helped either with donations and/or kind words.

On one hand, I would welcome the keyboard warriors to PM me if they have some axe to grind. On the other hand, considering what I am facing back in America, these keyboard warriors are amateurs and are not worth the effort. Had I seen those comments or in any way known that such would happen, I would have asked that all donations be returned because I will not tolerate abuse of my friends nor myself.

To Bobby: I am most definitely doing sea freight. It takes ages - it's how I did it when I moved here - because it is calculated on volume as opposed to air freight as you know which calculates by weight. Even though it takes a while, the cost is WAY lower than air. Only Copperfield could pull THAT off and he would need a C-130. Smile

For those who are interested, I had asked my friend Rachmaninov to lower the goal to 2000 dollars. I am leaving behind a large part of my collection including things like magazines, cards, coins, props, and some books. I felt that to try to get it all home would have felt like I was asking FAR too much of the community. You all have your own financial concerns and the very last thing I would ever want is to cause hardship for anyone. I'd rather just toss Apocalypse, my J.K. Hartman books and a few others like Greater Magic into my luggage and start from there than to cause hardship.

If I may ask one more favor: To the keyboard warriors, I don't know what was said and I will not ask. I realize I have made some enemies here over the years. I am also cognizant of the fact that perhaps a couple people may think this is some sort of scam. Magic is a small industry and it's not hard to track people down. I have said that I will be creating a site and on it will be details of everything. Look, I have posted that I am facing a very serious, perhaps deadly, situation in America. So I implore you to please keep your negativity to yourselves? Also, the people who have messaged me their goodwill have done so out of an amazing sense of selflessness. PLEASE do not harass them? Don't you think that we have too much of that already in these uncertain times in our world - and I don't just mean magic.

I am really trying to keep it together, to save strength for what lies ahead. But if you want details of what I am facing, then KINDLY PM me and I will once again share and if you're in America, I can even send you the link to the newspaper story.

Sorry all, I just feel I cannot remain silent when these happen. I never wanted any ill will nor anyone to be abused or attacked by whomever.

Blessings all, even to the nasty people - and I truly mean that.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1218 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Vlad,

I'm going to PM you.

Bob
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
835 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Hi,
As Joe is close to go back to the US, Iím glad we have reached the 2000 euros goal ! Ok, almost, 48 euros leftÖ
A last tiny effort please !

Thanks again to all the donators. Iím still amazed by your generosity.

Mat
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
835 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Yeeeeees ! We did it !

Many thanks to all the donators. Your generosity, time and efforts are well rewarded by the feelings Joe has posted here. We really help him a lot to go through all the difficulties he has to handle. His passion is nicely cared.

Mat
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
You folks are truly ARE miracle workers! I simply cannot express my deep DEEP gratitude to each and everyone of you. I will be keeping in close contact with Rachmanoinov and I'll also post here my progress. As I stated before, when it is time for me to access the funds, I will post here and I will then create a web page with all of the documentation and scans.

This means more to me than many of you know. You truly did accomplish a miracle and really, for the first time in my life, I feel that a new, good life awaits. I do not seek riches. I just want to perform magic and music again, return to my Orthodox Christian faith, and perhaps get a a couple of cats, save money to see some baseball games again - I am an absolute baseball junkie! My greatest goal is to be in a position where one day I can pitch in and help someone who was in need as I was.

The Cafť can be a battleground but I have seen the community come together so many times in the past and I can truly say that I have been privileged to forge some very good friendships here. I have found a brother in Rachmananivov - we both also are musicians so we have much in common. I have also had the privilege of having correspondence with an amazing magician who has influenced many but prefers to stay in the shadows. He is a mentor to me and a treasured friend.

I cannot wait to become active here again! I want to continue my threads on hidden gems in books and periodicals and I want to also become more active in the forum subsections that welcome and help newcomers to the art. YOU folks made it all possible! In the battle I face, and I think it is the battle I have had to prepare for all of my life, your miracle has given me even MORE strength to be the lion I need to be. There was a comment on the GoFundMe page where someone quipped that I once pulled a thorn from his paw. Well, I loved the Aesop reference and I can say that you folks have pulled a fully grown thorn TREE from my paws! Smile

My deep love and gratitude to all!!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1790 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Iím so thrilled that the goal was reached. Vlad is a generous and talented guy who really deserved a break. Thank you to everyone who contributed. And much appreciation to Rachmaninov, who organized this tremendous effort.

Hope to see you on these shores soon, Vlad Ö with your magic library intact!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8381 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You all couldn't have assisted a better person than Vlad...So happy to check back to see that the goal has been reached.

Good journey to you Vlad, my friend...Keep believing in YOU...We all do. Smile

Indeed this adds to Happy Holidays ahead and Good Will Towards Men. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
835 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Now the GoFundMe campaign is over. Itís not easy to transfer the money to Vlad. Iíve made the campaign from France, and I didnít know that only a French citizen can withdraw the money (?!). So I had to ask GoFundMe to switch the beneficiary to me, I withdrawn the money, and Iím now sending it back to Vlad via PayPal. My account doensít allow me to do it all at once, so Iíve made a 1000 euros transfer today and I will do the other part as soon as PayPal allows me to do so.

As for transparency, Iím explaining everything so every donators know exactly what is in progress. And I feel really bad that the money which is not mine is partly now on my bank account, even for a very short time.

Here is the first transfer Iíve made today.
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
835 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Oups, too big file. We will wait that Joe confirms here he has the money.

To be precise, the campaign was 1933 euros. The first transfer is 1000 euros so $ 1094. I will make the second one ASAP.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1531 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
How did all this process end? Books, move, etc
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
808 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Good question,,, Vlad?
Jerry
View Profile
Special user
Some where in Florida
995 Posts

Profile of Jerry
May be Rachmaninov can update us if Vlad can't.
Love to hear a happy ending.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The workers Ľ Ľ Save Vladís magic library (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL