The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Save Vlad’s magic library (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
I sent him an email at the end of the winter, he didn’t seem to go so well, he was trying to handle so many things at the same time, he was overwhelmed. I have no news since that mast email. I’m going to try to have more infos on this.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
845 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
This is just nuts. All that help thanks Rach, and the well wishers and helpers can't hear about the ending?
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3361 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2019, countrymaven wrote:
This is just nuts. All that help thanks Rach, and the well wishers and helpers can't hear about the ending?

Until you walk in his shoes...

Julie
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Absolutely, Julie. He's got a tough brief -- tougher than most of us can even imagine. I'm sure he'll get back to us when he's able, and that might be quite some time. Naturally we all hope that we'll hear good news from him, but ultimately it's his life. Our good wishes and contributions don't give us the right to know more than he wants to tell us.

Bob
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
845 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I apologize. I did not mean that against Joe. I know him and his background much better than you would think.
But I had it extremely hard too. So hard, you would not even believe it. I am getting out of it and I appreciate the kind people in the magic community for that. I just meant the drama of this is friggin ironic. Not personal. But you aren't in my shoes so how could you know?
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Bob G
I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties, countrymaven. I hope I didn't come across as harsh; I didn't mean to. I'm glad things are getting better. One rarely knows what other people are dealing with.

Regards,

Bob
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Just seeing this thread since I camp out in other sections of the Café. Wishing Vlad, countrymaven, and other magicians/mentalists here on the Café who are going through or went through some tough challenges the best and to keep moving forward with your head held high.

The tough times don't last; tough people do. Heard that quote a long time ago and we all forget that from time to time. It is a great quote, but it doesn't help when you in the midst of facing violence, any type of abuse, severe illness, deep depression, and grief. I forgot about this quote when my young son got sick and lost all mobility while fighting for his life in the hospital. But with faith, we continued to move forward and fight on his behalf.

Wishing everyone on the other end of my computer screen a wonderful day and to remember to keep up the good fight despite getting knocked down.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2019, countrymaven wrote:
I apologize. I did not mean that against Joe. I know him and his background much better than you would think.
But I had it extremely hard too. So hard, you would not even believe it. I am getting out of it and I appreciate the kind people in the magic community for that. I just meant the drama of this is friggin ironic. Not personal. But you aren't in my shoes so how could you know?

I will make this somewhat brief. What I am dealing with is LITERALLY a life and death situation - L I T E R A L L Y. Countrymaven, if you know even half of my "background" then you know I am not exaggerating. The kindness of those who donated to help me save my library did not and will not be forgotten. But I want you and others to understand that it is not entirely for me "to get out of." IF a miscarriage of justice happens, then a double murderer and child molester will breathe the free air again, and, his agenda is one of violence. I AM a fighter but, in THIS fight, I MUST concentrate all of my resources, my strength toward this. Lives - possibly even my own - could be at stake. I have a YouTube channel. I have not streamed anything on it since March. The last Facebook post I made on my own page was February. I still don't have my musical instruments. Music affords me an outlet that magic cannot in that with music, I can allow myself to release a lot of emotion. Magic requires a different approach. Many of my books ARE here, so, if anyone is concerned about that, don't be.

I've been a member of this Café for 13 years I think. I've honked some people off and some people have honked me off. However, those incidents are virtually non-existent compared to the amazing friendships I have been so fortuante to make here. This community has given me more in these past 13 years than I could ever hope to repay. If anyone thinks for a moment that I enjoy being away, or that I am purposefully "hiding" from the Café, you're dead wrong, that is to say, you are not thinking, merely opining. I miss this place! I ache for the day when I can return and resume things like posting Book Gems and finds in Periodicals. I miss the synergy of community and the exchange of ideas. Most of all, I miss those of you in this community who have been so wonderful to me. I gained a brother here over the last year and it is my deepest wish to one day visit him in France.

Yes, I am overwhelmed, and yes, I am terrified. However, I NEVER back down from a fight, and, dear friends and colleagues/comrades, THIS is THE fight of my life. I am a victim of this person's crimes and since I'm alive, simple deduction means it's not murder, it's the other thing. In a month or so I may have to stand before total strangers and tell the entire story. Please understand that it will require immense strength from me. I do not ask for your admiration. I do not ask to be thought of as someone special. All I ask is simply that if possible, some of you that have drawn conclusions without actually reaching out might wish to reconsider and give me the benefit of the doubt. I do not wish to self-aggrandize but I would hope that in 13 years I have demonstrated at least some integrity in this community.

There is a magician named Alberto who asked me for a routine I created. In the midst of all of this, I found it and sent it to him. I occasionally come on here on less insane days and I will answer a couple of messages when I can. I miss this place, but, right now, I must stay laser-focused on this life-defining fight. I know that most who know me at least to some extent in this community understand on some level that I simply cannot hang out here like I used to.

For those that want answers for other reasons, you will get them when I know the time is right. I can only offer my apologies to those who feel that somehow I have slighted them. It is not my intention. To those who may lack even a modicum of empathy, I know I cannot change your minds, so, I can only say that I pray you NEVER have to face what I am facing. I lost EVERYTHING to come and do what needs doing.

I only JUST got my meds two weeks ago. I have PTSD and I take a medication that, if you try to quit cold turkey, or, for whatever reason cannot get it, the withdrawal symptoms can be fatal. While fighting this fight,I am doing all I can to pick up the shards of my life. I am ***ed near out of fuel folks, but, I will find some reserves and continue on. THAT is who I am.

To those who have been concerned for me, you are a blessing. I feel very alone right now and knowing you are thinking of me helps more than you can possibly imagine.

You are a blessing. To my French brother, I WILL be writing you as soon as I can.

As I used to say when I closed posts ...

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1804 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thoughts and prayers are with you!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1812 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Stay strong Vlad! Sending positive thoughts your way ...
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Bob G
I wish you the best, Vlad, and I hope you aren't having to face this alone.

Bob
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
I know Vlad’s story, but I didn’t expect so high risk at stake, even if he told me there was. I was hoping that with time, this violent person would calm down. It seems it’s not the case.

I wish I could give you some energy Vlad. I know you have a deep strength which will allow you to eventually overcome all of that. And you will enjoy magic and music again, maybe more considering what you went through.

All the magic fraternity and especially the magic café for which you gave so much in the past, is with you my brother !
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
610 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Amen, Vlad! Thoughts and prayers.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
845 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Praying for God to be with you Joe. I know you really need it. Sincerely
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4273 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Remember, Mr. Vlad, you're not alone. God Bless You! Smile
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1545 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
WOW!, when I wrote my inquire on how his process was going, I was expecting an optimist reply, never imagine what Vlad is going through at this time.
Be good and I wish you the best. Keep your energy for the things to come.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1804 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Just in case Vlad stops by, you're in thoughts and prayers.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
845 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Wravyn, thanks for reminding us to pray for him. Sometimes that is the most powerful thing you can do.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Same with me. Wishing you the best Vlad...
Tortuga
View Profile
Elite user
Ballwin, MO
425 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Vlad made reference several times about a newpaper article pertaining to his incarcerated relative. Does anyone have a link to it or could maybe pm it to me?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Save Vlad’s magic library (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL