The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cards that Bleed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I pulled out a double deck of Copag poker sized cards with an all-over back design, one red and one blue. I have had these cards for some time and they are in pristine condition, or so I thought.

As I was toying with the blue backed deck I notice what appeared to be shade work on the back some of the cards. However, on closer look it seems a few cards have a bleeding of the dye and it appears faintly on the back of some cards. Faint lines on seven or so cards, and this problem does not occur on the red back cards.

Of course, I may have noticed these blemishes because I have trained over the years to see various markings on the backs of cards, so I can see things that most others would not detect. However, with the cards in question, these blemishes may be strong enough for others to see also.

I should add, there is no pattern to the faint markings.

Curious, has anyone had similar problem with Copags or any cards for that matter when the ink starts to bleed through and faintly shades portions of the backs of the cards.

Here is a link to the specific Copags in question:

https://www.copagcards.com/copag-poker-s......mbo.html
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1692 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Cag,

A few years ago at the WSOP an entire run of cards was pulled because of this same (or at least a similar) issue. I don't know if plastic cards are printed EXACTLY the same way as paper cards, but assuming the process is at least similar, it appears that the cards are being stacked on top of each other too soon after the printing process. Whether this is before or after the cards are cut I do not know. In the WSOP incident, the image of the card preceding the one in your hand (not just random lines or shapes) was visible. So if you were holding the 7S, a sort of ghostly image of the 8S was visible on the back. This is because the 8S would be on top of the 7 in a face down deck during the manufacturing process of course.

I have dozens of decks of Copaqs here at the house (they're my favorite plastic card) and none of them exhibit this problem. Would actually love to run across one of the WSOP decks for my collection if any still exist.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2018, JasonEngland wrote:

Cag,

I have dozens of decks of Copaqs here at the house (they're my favorite plastic card) and none of them exhibit this problem. Would actually love to run across one of the WSOP decks for my collection if any still exist.

Jason

Copags are my favorite plastic card also. This was an old deck that had this slight "inking" on the back. Looks like strong shade but I didn't do it. LOL

Maybe it was an anomaly. Maybe the cards were stored away in the heat. I don't know. I have never had this occurs before, and certainly not with Copags.

Interesting feedback. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cards that Bleed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL