The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » John Bannon's PAINT IT BLANK (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1996 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Comes with special Bicycle Gaff Card

Like an Invisible Deck - but with just ONE SPECIAL GAFF that works with any regular, shuffled Bicycle Deck!

John Bannon's PAINT IT BLANK is one of the most powerful (and EASY) tricks you could imagine. You tell your spectator to clear their mind; to make it a blank. They then THINK of ANY card. No forces, restrictions, equivoque, preshow or genuine mindreading required - they literally just think of a card.

You tell your plucky volunteer that the card they merely thought of is now invisible. Despite their (perhaps well placed) skepticism you confidently remove their 'invisible card' from the deck and slide it between two face up jokers. In a flash a REAL blank card appears in between the jokers. (It's like their 'blank' mind a few moments ago)!

Then, while in the SPECTATORS HANDS, the blank card PRINTS itself, and is now the card they just THOUGHT OF! AND IT'S EXAMINABLE! (Oh, and you are reset, and left with a regular deck!)

Super easy to do - requires no sleight of hand!

Uses a regular, shuffled Bicycle deck and just one special (provided) gaff card.

Perfect for performers - no reset and no table required

No stacks

No forces

No sleights

No gaff deck

No equivoque

No 'off by one'

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=63211

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Eitay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Eitay
I have just seen the promo.
First, I have to say that I love John Bannon work, he is great and I have allot of his stuff and enjoying it.
For this one, the promo gave it all and for me it is not clean as it should have been, on the critical moment there is even a flash, so if you didn't know how it is done, you can tell it from there, especially when it is not a logical move, but I guess if the spectator is not sharp and you talk to him while you doing the move then it can fly by.
As it only involved with only one special card that I guess we all have if we are in the magic stuff, it took me about 2 min to put it together and understand the working of it.
I guess that if you get the DVD, John will explain the working and give tips as all of his DVD's , but I think that since it is so simple to understand and the gimmick is something that all of us have, the price is way over for what this should cost for my opinion at least, so I pass this time.
Thank you
Eitay
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
503 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
To be clear, reconstructing the method from the trailer and acquiring the gaff yourself does not make it okay for you to start doing it.

I think £18.00 is a fair price to pay for the time it took John to come up with this along with the time it took Owen to shoot,edit,press and distribute it.
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
126 Posts

Profile of Argon
It is also the reason many creators do not have a full performance in their trailers.
This is not a contest who discovers the method first and posts it.
Just my 2 cents
Cheers
Stefan
Eitay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Eitay
Since I am not a professional and do magic only for family and friend and not making money from it I think twice before buying any Magic.
If I will preform Magic for money I will pay for every Magic I preform with.
In any case, I buy allot of magic and pay for it, for this one I pass, since I don't think I will use it for even for myself since it seem to me too easy to understand even for lay people and I have much more other stuff that I can use, so I don't think that I will buy it.
I agree that there were work on the production and the method, but still I think that it is over priced for what you get, but that is my opinion/
Eitay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Eitay
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2018, Argon wrote:
It is also the reason many creators do not have a full performance in their trailers.
This is not a contest who discovers the method first and posts it.
Just my 2 cents
Cheers
Stefan

Stefan,
I don't agree for this one.
First I did not publish the method, only said it is easy to do and understand even for lay people.
Second, if I see full performance and think it is good and I can use it, then I buy it and a full storage of magic can confirm it Smile
It is not about discovering the method, allot of Magic we discovered how it is done, but if we think it is good and can work on spectators then we buy it anyway.
From the other end, how many time that the trailer was misleading and you bought stuff that you did not use even one time since when you got it, it was bad?
For me this one did not work, other stuff from John Bennon was great and as I said I bought allot of is DVDs with no regret.
I just say what I think and I was making a point when I said it could be understood and built in 2 minutes, I was expecting more from this one
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2662 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Very clever, classic Bannon. I also wish it wasn't a single trick for 20 dollars but that's the business.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1442 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I love it! Simple and straightforward. This would crush laymen, which 'should' be why we do this.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1627 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I love it too! It is also in his book 'Mentaltissimo' which is much better value then buying one card for 18 sterling.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
This is a rehashed Club Sandwich by Andrew Normansell
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2018, cardbiker wrote:
This is a rehashed Club Sandwich by Andrew Normansell

He credits Notmwnsell. The presentation here is completely different. As always, John’s touches and thinking is fantastic.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1722 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Too confusing. What actually is the trick here? That a blank card appears between two jokers and then becomes the selected card, I guess. But there are two big discrepancies. And it's eighteen quid - sheesh. Not for me.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4085 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2018, Ross W wrote:
Too confusing. What actually is the trick here? That a blank card appears between two jokers and then becomes the selected card, I guess. But there are two big discrepancies. And it's eighteen quid - sheesh. Not for me.

When I first watched the trailer, I was confused as well. I could not follow what was happening.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
I have been doing club sandwich for over 20 years and I can see that this employs the exact same method .
Although club sandwich is far better imo and also has 2 stages and is a killer routine for laymen Smile
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1949 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Why confuse things.
Stick with the original?
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
I agree , and why release another 2 card monte type utility which loads of us do all the time anyway ?
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Regular user
UK
179 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Firstly, a huge thank you to John Bannon for actually doing a promo video of the entire performance, this is so rare nowadays. I appreciate it, and that you allow me to decide if it's something I want to buy, and not be misled in to buying it from a fancy Hollywood style promo video that hides most things! If I was new to magic this is a nice quick trick I would def buy, it looks clean. However, I already do very similar routines to this one (probably work differently, but the sandwich bit is the same). I know Stephen Tucker had this type of effect in one of his books.
But I'm sure this will be a hit for magicians who don't have this effect already. Good Luck, it looks great.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
The monte move is great but the weak part of this effect done the way shown in the demo is the obvious cutting procedure once their card is named .
That is why so many like Asi Winds Acaan as his cut is done when tipping the cards out of the box Smile
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1485 Posts

Profile of Jared
I found the plot a bit confusing too. I'm a huge John Bannon fan and already own his book Mentaltissimo and so I'll take a second look. But based solely on the performance in the demo I'm not loving this one.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I'm sure the routine could be made a lot clearer than what was in the demo, but I prefer the original Club Sandwich by Andrew Normansell. Although I do remember that I liked the version on the 52 vs Joker project, if I remember correctly.

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » John Bannon's PAINT IT BLANK (21 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL