The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (148 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34~35~36 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think what David is implying is that he has found a handling that works consistently with any half Dollar . It’s a slightly different handling but a very good one at that and it certainly worked on the few different halves I have a tried on my box .
Jake you are being over hard on yourself 99% of the magic community love you and if you base your live on 100% in absolutely everything you do it must be very stressful .
Strive for it of course but try to please most of the people most of the time as it’s pretty impossible to please all of the people all of the time imho .
Very best wishes my friend Gaz 🙂
mroek
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of mroek
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
As to Mroek, I never said I reworked the box to be Smaller. I polled and asked and only 1 person replied saying leave it the same size. So based on a 100% response of 1 person
that's what I did and for good reason too because the next step for for international currency.

This is what you wrote earlier in this thread:

Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
I'm almost done re-tweaking the box dimensions so it WILL work with the Talbot set up.

Doesn't "re-tweaking the box dimensions" mean changing the box dimensions? Granted, it could also mean larger, but from the context smaller is implied. From other people's posts it seems the new quarter size version is the *exact* same box as the one for the half dollars, so not tweaked or re-tweaked in any way?

Not trying to bash you here, but I think a smaller box was expected, not a gimmicked coin in the same box.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
As many have already echoed here Jake and team always strive to provide the best product they can. In the past when I have privately provided some constructive feedback I was impressed by Jake's willingness and desire to get feedback and learn from it. That is obviously why they have a successful machine shop operation in what I am sure is a pretty demanding industry. It is great when skilled people in other fields share their talents in our small world of magic. Mroek, you are another fine example of that.

It is clear that Jake takes the feedback to heart and ultimately I know we will have a killer version of a quarter size box to perform. As usual Jake is being very fair in his efforts to resolve any concerns.

Cheers,

John
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I sure hope he does make a perfect quarter size box I really want one. What I would think is fair is a refund or exchange for the one I got that isn't exactly what was expected. I can't use this one for the reasons I mentioned. Smile

Richard
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2019, MrWizard wrote:
I sure hope he does make a perfect quarter size box I really want one. What I would think is fair is a refund or exchange for the one I got that isn't exactly what was expected. I can't use this one for the reasons I mentioned. Smile

Richard

I’m still not sure why you’re posting messages like the above on here vs just emailing Jake directly.
I’m sure he will replace it or would refund your money if you returned it to him.
Why haven’t you returned it to him already since you’re so unhappy with it?
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Was never offered a refund or been contacted in anyway regarding my disappointment. My original post was to ask others what they thought about what they received and to PM me. The last email I sent was not replied to maybe got lost in the shuffle. Usually a refund on magic doesn't happen but in this case I think it would be a nice gesture to be offered one. You didn't order one or you too would be disappointed. Smile

Richard
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
It sounds like you’ve not requested a refund. Perhaps that would be the place to start. I don’t have the quarter but do have the half dollar. I emailed Jake directly with my question rather than posting here. And if I had been unhappy about it and wanted my money back I would have contacted Jake directly. It’s just the polite thing to do.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Beat me to it Cleverpaws - the open forum is not really the place for this part of the discussion - should be in PM or emails.

That being said...

Richard if I were you I would follow up with Jake, send him another email (He replied to me very quickly when I contacted him) and a PM through the MC. I have contacted him a few times and always had quick responses.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2019, dave_matkin wrote:
Beat me to it Cleverpaws - the open forum is not really the place for this part of the discussion - should be in PM or emails.

That being said...

Richard if I were you I would follow up with Jake, send him another email (He replied to me very quickly when I contacted him) and a PM through the MC. I have contacted him a few times and always had quick responses.

OK I will try another email and see what happens and happy to post a positive result.

Richard
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
I have the quarter version and ended up using it with a half. I went ahead and explained my handling down below should anyone with the quarter version want to use a half or if you want to use a different half with your casket in general:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=37

Hope it helps should you go this route.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2019, D_avid wrote:
I have the quarter version and ended up using it with a half. I went ahead and explained my handling down below should anyone with the quarter version want to use a half or if you want to use a different half with your casket in general:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=37

Hope it helps should you go this route.

Thanks for the routine I tested your method and it has worked on borrowed half's that I have tried.
And thanks for clarifying this is the same exact half dollar size box as I pointed out previously.

Richard

Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes D-avid’s tip works with any borrowed halves that I have tried in the half dollar casket Gaz 🙂
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
I'm just happy it works for others!
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Glad to hear this is working. Great job David!

-MJJ
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
The boxes are different based on ceiling as well as the coin. You can't use regular calipers on them, you need a micrometer, that is how stringent the tolerances have to be.

My brother is taking the casket up to Va. Tech over the holidays and having someone help him get the exact measurements needed for just a Washington quarter. Hopefully
he'll return with a working box, blueprint and a CAD file for us. I'm riding on my father's coat tails with an instructor at Va. Tech. he was very good friends with.

Anyone that has ordered one originally, will get another sent to them.

As to emails and PM's I have received nothing from MrWizard, but he'll be getting a replacement box as well.

-MJJ
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I need to finish my "To Catch a Coin Thief" e-book. It is mostly handling variations but has a routine that in one instantaneous move tests for heads up, and adds another optional test in pretty much the same motion to both verify heads down or empty box for a kicker that busts the spec trying to bust you. Are your folks still working on your e-book Jake? Wondering how to include it. Otherwise, I may sell it for $5.

Everyone, how do people get those hand line drawings done for documentation? I like those better than pictures. I imagine I would have to go with my own pictures if I wanted to give this away or sell it for only $5 since an artist may be expensive.
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
What if you just used software, much like what you did in your avatar?
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I decided to just keep the quarter box as a Kennedy half is on the way that will work in the box from a really great guy. Thank You!!! So there was no reason to send email now. I'm just delighted to hear Fredrick and Jake are working on a new quarter size that will rock. I want to thank Jake for saying everyone that ordered one will get the new one even me which shows what a good guy he really is. Very excited again to get a quarter size box. Hope to be able to buy second one as I am confident they will be wonderful. Thank You Jake!!!! Smile

Richard
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Hope Jake has the stainless steel version ready after Christmas.
fregis
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of fregis
Here is my humble routine for the coin.
Please excuse my english as I am not a native speaker.

I wanted it to be more than a 50 percent chance, so it involves cards (again...sorry).
Beforehand, I chose two cards to be forced...2 of spades And 8 of diamond (no particular reasons).
One goes at the bottom of the deck and one goes to the top.
I also prepared 2 pieces of paper.
On one is written « In every dream there is a bit of truth... 2 of spades ,heads, 8 of diamond». This one goes under the plastic wrap of the cardbox.
On the other one is written « In every dream there is a bit of truth... 2 of spades ,tails, 8 of diamond »...this paper is folded and goes into the cardbox.

Explain that you found this coin several years ago as you were walking outdoor at night.
Everything was very dark as there was no moon or artificial lights but somehow I could see the coin shining.
As you picked it up, you felt a strange sensation, and you got a mental image of a ring. The one you were wearing when you picked up the coin.
The coin seems to send a mental image of objects directly in contact.

The spectator is then invited to secretly place the coin face up or down in the casket.

You then do one or two false shuflles and ask the spectator to say stop as you riffle the deck.
The upper part of the deck goes first on the table, the spectator puts the coin casket on the top of the cards and the lower part of the deck goes on top of both the upper deck and the coin casquet.
You simply have made a cross cut force with the coin between the two halves.

You then explain that the connection you have with the coin evolved during the years and that sometimes in your dreams you are able to see the coin and what it is in contact with many hours before it actually happens...As you woke up this morning, you wrote what you saw on a piece of paper...
You then show the cards in contact with the coin casket. Doing so, you shortly have to lift the casket...allowing you to kwow wich side is the coin...

You now reveal that there is a paper in the card box or on the side of the card box depending on the side of the coin.

You then open the coin casket aside the two cards, matching what is written on your premonition.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (148 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL