The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (122 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..17..21..25..29..31~32~33 [Next]
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Yes, the head is already spinning with the possibilities but at this time, I believe I will use the 3 stage as discussed. Good item to have no matter which way one decides to use it.
John7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of John7
It's a nice feeling - not having buyers remorse - isn't it?
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Does this work only with half dollar? Can a similar sized coin work as well?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2077 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2018, BrainMagos wrote:
Does this work only with half dollar? Can a similar sized coin work as well?

This was created to work with half dollars. Some other coins do work, but I'm not able to cover all that will.

Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I performed this effect for my niece yesterday., of course no matter what she chose, I revealed. On the last presentation to her, I took the coin box back and had to tell her, she short changed me.
I revealed it was tails, but it was a quarter. Her jaw dropped.

Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1413 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
This is a delightful effect produced through a wonderful work of craftsmanship. How nice to buy something so well made that will last a lifetime.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6885 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2018, Stunninger wrote:
This is a delightful effect produced through a wonderful work of craftsmanship. How nice to buy something so well made that will last a lifetime.

Exactly my thoughts also.
Smile
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Ditto.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Really enjoying this. Can’t stop playing with ideas for it. One of my favorite magic purchases in a long time. Well done.
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
ATXTimeLord
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of ATXTimeLord
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2018, Mad Jake wrote:
For those who have purchased a Coin Casket. My brother was trying other coins in the box. Soft Walkers and Soft Franklins will also work with the box.

I'm glad to see this answer.. For the record, Barbers do not .. Smile . Guess I'll have to carry my walkers as well...

mG
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Have continued to play with the idea I shared above of being able to detect the difference between pre 70's halves and post 70's halves. Added a Kreis Magnet half to the mix and can now tell which of three coins is in the casket without using a magnet detection device. There is another subtlety with the Kreis half that you can use. Tested the idea last night using the three halves with colored stickers.

Using this set-up with a device such as Sixth Sense 3 opens up multiple routines and methods that cancel each other. For the record both Sixth Sense 2 and 3 will detect the magnetic half through the brass casket with no issue. I assume SCAN 3D will also work but sold mine so cannot confirm.

Cheers,

John
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Very inventive John !
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I've had some people telling me the link isn't working to the product/site again. I did a force update to update the link here is the new generated link.

https://airshipmagic.com/store/home/65-c......ket.html
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I bought this too and think it’s brilliant. Could someone kindly pm me and let me know a certain method of detecting 100% every time when in the the silk bag without big obvious arm movements. I am finding although it obviously works a charm I haven’t found a movement that gets the orientation spot on everything single time as it seems to depend on how the coin lays in the casket.
Thanks for any help Olly
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
The orientation of the coin only matters if it is heads or tails. There shouldn't be any issues, each is tested before it leaves us.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Why is it necessary to detect while in silk bag?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11568 Posts

Profile of John C
A tongue in cheek yet perplexing method is to open the casket upside down and guess the face up coin?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11568 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2018, aligator wrote:
Why is it necessary to detect while in silk bag?

Just different.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
768 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2018, John C wrote:
So tonight I performed one on one with my priest from Angola. He was totally amazed. He thought I was the devil. Then I showed it to a 21 yr old kid. He didn't put the half dollar in the Casket. Of course I guessed heads.i said well I should have shown a grown up. Oh well. Watch your specs.

I had EXACTLY the same thing happen with a young man. Super annoying!
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2018, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2018, John C wrote:
So tonight I performed one on one with my priest from Angola. He was totally amazed. He thought I was the devil. Then I showed it to a 21 yr old kid. He didn't put the half dollar in the Casket. Of course I guessed heads.i said well I should have shown a grown up. Oh well. Watch your specs.

I had EXACTLY the same thing happen with a young man. Super annoying!

There is a way to avoid this, please PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (122 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..17..21..25..29..31~32~33 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL