The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..28~29~30 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3315 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I would assume if posted here it could be used but perhaps not... anything I have shared can certainly be used and I appreciate that the Briefcase idea has a credit to me on the website.

Cheers,

John
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2053 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
John,

I asked Jake about this. He explained to me that all posts become the copyright of the Magic Café, so it left me in a quandary of being able to post the ideas and or routines without expressed permission of the poster.
I didn't give up or not work on the e-book, its just every idea I had was posted here already and not hearing back from others to use the material and credit them in the e-book, but only 2 people replied and their material
is in this thread. Sometimes Technology sucks, ideas are transmitted too quickly in my opinion.

Jake and I both strongly believe in crediting everyone, whether they be a writer, inventor etc. I researched the coin casket for 5 months and was able to trace it's existence back to the 1930's in either France or Germany.
As far as the actual creator, I've never been able to find out who actually designed it. I have several computers that do nothing but mine Data, I'm a history nut.

I hope people understand about the book, people were just smarter and quicker here to share their ideas.

-Frederick
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3315 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
No worries Frederick, understood. I applaud your efforts to do the right thing with crediting and permissions, etc.

Cheers,

John
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Only one thing Frederick those other ideas, well I am pretty sure Jake says in this thread you had come up with all these ideas yourself indepently before they were posted on here except Johns?
Therefore you have every right to put them in an ebook in my view. Olly
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2053 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Only one thing Frederick those other ideas, well I am pretty sure Jake says in this thread you had come up with all these ideas yourself indepently before they were posted on here except Johns?
Therefore you have every right to put them in an ebook in my view. Olly


IP doesn't work like that. I had ideas, but not written out patter or routines. I find it hardly fair to just take the ideas from here and translate them in my words, that is borderline plagiarism
and IP theft. The last thing that Jake or I want to do is copy routines.

After taking time to jot down different possible uses for the Casket, the thread had grown so rapidly and had the same ideas I had. Since they are here, I do not wish to upset any creator or
contributor here by just assuming I can rewrite their ideas/routines into an ebook.

-Frederick
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4146 Posts

Profile of videoman
I may be wrong but I don’t believe it is all in this thread. There has been mention made of being able to get a read visibly. In fact, I thought there was more than one method, and they really haven’t been revealed in the thread. I was under the impression that the ebook would cover these in more detail. So it was more the subtleties and nuances I was most interested in rather than full blown routines.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2053 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, videoman wrote:
I may be wrong but I don’t believe it is all in this thread. There has been mention made of being able to get a read visibly. In fact, I thought there was more than one method, and they really haven’t been revealed in the thread. I was under the impression that the ebook would cover these in more detail. So it was more the subtleties and nuances I was most interested in rather than full blown routines.


Videoman, I've sent you a PM
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
DocT25
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of DocT25
Yes -- I've been interested in the same ... although I'll admit I was also hoping for a few routine ideas. So I was anxiously awaiting the appearance of the e-book. :/

Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, videoman wrote:
I may be wrong but I don’t believe it is all in this thread. There has been mention made of being able to get a read visibly. In fact, I thought there was more than one method, and they really haven’t been revealed in the thread. I was under the impression that the ebook would cover these in more detail. So it was more the subtleties and nuances I was most interested in rather than full blown routines.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, aligator wrote:
I like everything about the Brass Coin Casket but am disappointed with the progress of the ebook.


How is that possible Mr aligator. Isn't the ebook free?

Isn't the coin casket good enough on its own? Aren't there already many various ways to use it?

Are you really disappointed?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
In general, I am always disappointed when things that are promised are not delivered.

The casket is excellent value as is and I don't need an ebook but having one might be of value to some others who were expecting it.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I have toyed with the idea of asking Jake's blessing and writing an ebook myself about this item and include some video segments. I have developed/discovered some techniques with the casket that I have only shared with a few (including Jake, but asked that they not be released). If there is enough interest, and people wanted to contribute them (either techniques or routines), I might take this on as a little project in the next month or so, and it might be a way for some members of the Café to get a magic literature credit for their contribution. That is, if Mad Jake gave me his blessing to write and market the book.

Considering the fact he is considering quarters and dollar versions of this, this thing is going to grow. I almost begged him to stop making this thing because I didn't want anyone else to have it. I suspect there is going to be a lot of interest in this in the next five years and an ebook would not be gratuitious. Another thing I like about the ebook is that it will keep the methods from being shared too much and randomly on the searchable forums. This is one of my favorite props ever. I just love it, and I have lots of ideas with it, and it is my bet that if I showed the people who purchased it what I have discovered with it, I would fool half of them that already know the secret behind it. Thus, I would love to see its methods and secrets treated with the secrecy they deserve.
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2053 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I'm pleased to announce the E-Book project has been transferred to RedDevil, whom I'm sure will do a better job at than me.

-Frederick
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hahahahaha...you owe me one...Smile
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2053 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, RedDevil wrote:
Hahahahaha...you owe me one...Smile


Yes I do! This officially ends my publishing career, I'm sticking with my wood shop and making props.

Like my brother said a few times in the thread here, we never expected this to be the hit it has become. So when all the ideas started flying on here I was shot
down with my ideas as they were covered here. I had the ideas, just not the routining down.

I just sent Jake an email telling him I made a deal with "The Devil of the day" lol.

Frederick
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Jake Jr or Frederick,

I ordered four of the little plastic cases on Monday. Given how quickly my Coin Casket shipped, I'm surprised I haven't received a shipping notice for for the plastic cases yet. Is there a delay?

Mark
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2053 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Mark,
thank you. I went to get the shipping boxes and Uline sent the wrong size, the boxes are HUGE. I have 2 cases of shipping boxes coming in 2 days and all orders will ship right out.
The corrected boxes are the same they ship playing card decks in. I can't ship them in bubble envelopes for obvious reasons. It' will just be a couple of days. I'm very sorry.

Frederick
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
No worries, Frederick. I was just surprised is all.

Thank you for the prompt response.

Mark
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
648 Posts

Profile of Inert
It's very refreshing to read so much enthusiasm & routining ideas for a new effect. I'm there for the future quarter version. Congrats on a winner.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Excellent Frederick , horses for courses as I am sure you have enough on your plate and RedDevil is definitely the man.
Great stuff Olly.
Payner44
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Payner44
I want RedDevil to know that I own 3 of these caskets and shared a routine in this thread, which should place me near the head of the line for the eBook release!! Smile

Thanks in advance!!
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (117 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL