The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (122 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..31~32~33 [Next]
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, all. Just to clarify. Airship has given me the blessing to write a methods ebook using the coin casket as the topic and to give me the rights to market the book.

I told Frederick what I have in mind, and I don't intend this to be a scrapped together or sloppy collection of submissions, but rather a quality ebook to explore history, credits, construction process, methods and routines and aspects associated with the prop.

I believe in order to do it right, it will take me a couple of months to get it through the drafting and editing phases and then add a few design touches. If I write the book, I have a personal standard I will apply to it, and I will put in a considerable about of time. Thus, I told Frederick that I intend to market it as a separate product to purchase. Right now, I can forsee a 40-60 page PDF ebook product or more that is polished and edited (depending on the number and quality of submissions I receive from different performers), and I am outlining the contents and organization as we speak. Hopefully this will time with the release of their expansion of the prop to other size US or foreign coins. How much will it cost? I don't know. I figure I will put 40-60 hours into it (like my other books) and I will release some ideas that I think are very usable and adaptable to this wonderful, beautiful prop. For $39 bucks we have one of the best close-up props ever made in magic and the basic instructions (just like any other magic purchase0. They don't charge enough IMHO. This book will be a separate purchase for those who want to explore multiple ways to use it and get ideas for developed routines. (kind of like buying a teach-in book on TT's, sponge balls, color changing knives)

Selfishly, I do have a motive for this. For the time I will put into it, I won't make a lot of money. So that's not it. This is one of my favorite props I have ever purchased...and one of the simplest. Thus, I offered to write the ebook to formalize the value of the prop and properly protect its uses and secrets (keeping as much of them off this thread and other searchable forums as possible). Probably I also admit that as a creator, I have some ideas with the casket (and other objects I am playing with) that I want to publish in the magic literature for posterity as well.

If you would like to have a routine or idea published in the book (a great opportunity if you have never had a magic publishing credit in the literature), I will follow up soon with a format to send it in (so go ahead get it written down as best you can, but don't send it yet because I am going to put some parameters on the submissions to keep continuity and make them easier for me to adapt en mass into the book...like proper credit name, writing format, font, font size, file format). I will tell you how to submit it and where. ONce I get them, I will make editing decisions on them and then work on drafting and designing the first edition.

Some of you who have been playing with this I already know very well, and you will have a good idea from my other books how I will approach this task. Any questions, just email me at reddevilmentalism@g.m.ail dot com.
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
RD:

If you publish it, put me down as a early adopter!

Don't forget to harvest and reflect on the good ideas that are in this lengthy thread.

George
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
769 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2019, George Hunter wrote:
RD:

If you publish it, put me down as a early adopter!

Don't forget to harvest and reflect on the good ideas that are in this lengthy thread.

George

+1 (of what, I'm sure, will turn out to be many!)
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2077 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
What Red has planned is far more than I had in plan. Another plus and very important is that Red has the experience in performing more than myself. This experience will cover
in my opinion will help in different routines that target different type of performers, ie Mentalism, closeup etc.

My apologies to everyone I let down on this. I believe I delved into an area where I had no business being.

Sincerely,
Frederick
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Look forward to see what RD comes up with. I imagine that it will be very good as are his other writings.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
769 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
...My apologies to everyone I let down on this. I believe I delved into an area where I had no business being.
Sincerely,
Frederick

I believe that I speak for most everyone on this board when I say that no apologies are necessary. This effect is such a winner, and your desire, albeit unsuccessful, to add to it with a (free) ebook is appreciated.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Look forward to the e-book but have to say that this thread has been a great example of open sharing/brainstorming and to me a great example of the "best side" of the Café.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Totally agree with you John it shows great comradery amongst the Cafés members. Olly
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Just to let you all know, we've added "Live Chat" to the site. It's on each page at the lower right hand corner. If either myself or Jake don't answer, please leave a message and
we can reply to it or we can email you back answering your questions.

-Frederick
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Another update to the coin casket, we will be offering a new bundle titled "John Talbot's Coin Casket Ensemble". John has agreed to release his private routine
to us and build this package. John is a very talented magician and a gentleman. John's routine is very well thought out and I'm sure will be a hit.

More on the routine and ensemble as we get closer to the release date.

This January was our 1 year anniversary in business and we can contribute a lot of our success to John. John gave us some very valuable insight and business
advice that we feel has helped us to be where we are at. The rest of the success is because of you our customers. We can't thank everyone enough.

I want to also say thank you to Anton Nova who also without asking offered us a wealth of information on work flow, collaboration and fulfillment.

You see, the Magic Café has lived up to it's motto, Magicians Helping Magicians.

I don't mean to sound like I'm on a soap box, but Frederick and I are just overwhelmed with the support the magic community has given us. We are very grateful to you all.

Jake Jr.<--- Steps down from his soap box Smile
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
It's good to hear of success stories like this. We need more of them.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2211 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Airship's success is well deserved. Excellent customer service, responsive and helpful together with an absolutely brilliant product.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks for the kind words Jake. Glad to play a very small part in your success.

John
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
648 Posts

Profile of Inert
Mad Jake...you're right about that John character. Top flight bloke. I'd even let him date my Seezter.
Payner44
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Payner44
Don't give Mr. Talbot too much credit or his hat won't fit anymore. He is a Canuck, after all! Smile
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
648 Posts

Profile of Inert
Lol. That notoriously dodgy T.O. town too. Most Canadians are just thankful that they're not from Winnipeg.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
No time for a snappy comeback... must go shovel the driveway again!!....
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:

I saw a guy on FaceBook that took an old door and mounted it to his riding mower to clear his driveway, absolutely brilliant. Bundle up John

-MJJ
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
We found a problem on the web store. The price was showing at 44.95, this was because we added different coins to choose from. We fixed it to the default price of 29.95 and now on the right hand of the page
you will see a pull down menu that will allow you to select different half dollars.

Sorry for the confusion.

-MJJ
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:

I saw a guy on FaceBook that took an old door and mounted it to his riding mower to clear his driveway, absolutely brilliant. Bundle up John

-MJJ

I would have hired that guy this morning! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (122 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..31~32~33 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL