The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..28~29~30 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3317 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks Mark for your feedback on my routine I appreciate it! It is a go to routine now for me and have had an opportunity to show it frequently.

Recently I acquired one of Jake's beautiful little brass billet switch boxes. I like that the look is similar to the brass casket and will be using it at times for a kicker ending to my "Press the Flesh" routine. The billet switch box is seen on the right in the photo below beside my "Press the Flesh" props.

I or the spectator lifts the lid off the box and sees a folded prediction inside. I tell the spectator that I have predicted what the spectator will do the third time we try the exercise. We do the first two phases of my routine and I will point to the billet box periodically and say "remember I already know what your are going to do the third time". Finally after the the third phase the billet box is opened and the spectator unfolds and reads your prediction which of course is correct! Smile

Cheers!

John
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
632 Posts

Profile of egoli
Just purchased your "Press The Flesh" routine John but the pdf download is damaged and would not open.

Ed
egoli
View Profile
Special user
632 Posts

Profile of egoli
Jake just emailed me the pdf and so all is good now - fast, efficient service as always

Ed
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11562 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
I hope these routine updates have put us back in the good graces of our customers. I'm very sorry for letting you down on the e-book.
I'll try to get a few more together and the rest will be up to RedDevil.

My apologies again.

-Frederick

Life is short Mad. Do what you do best.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
egoli
View Profile
Special user
632 Posts

Profile of egoli
The Press The Flesh routine is the same as the one that was offered for free yesterday. Hopefully I can get a refund

Ed
egoli
View Profile
Special user
632 Posts

Profile of egoli
And the money is refunded already - Frederick and Jake Jr are fantastic when it comes to service
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Yes, customer service is first class.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2054 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Customer service, quality control and fast shipping are the Top 3 priorities with us.
Thank you for the kind words here.

-Frederick
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3594 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I got my kit. Looks nice but was it supposed to come with instructions or a video link? I haven’t read any of this thread. I got bored one night and ordered because everyone here seems to like it. So I’m not really sure what I bought.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5291 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I got mine today also - doesn’t work as described in John's "Press the Flesh" write-up, unfortunately.

Jim
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2054 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
I got my kit. Looks nice but was it supposed to come with instructions or a video link? I haven’t read any of this thread. I got bored one night and ordered because everyone here seems to like it. So I’m not really sure what I bought.

Eric,
please check your email, there is an attachment to it with the routine.

Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2054 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2019, J-Mac wrote:
I got mine today also - doesn’t work as described in John's "Press the Flesh" write-up, unfortunately.

Jim

Jim,
you didn't even give me any time to check into this, you posted here first then a 1/2 hour later sent me an email which I just read.
I"m looking into this right now. But please before you go posting that something doesn't work, give me a chance to address it.

Jake Jr.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2054 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I immediately started working on this issue this morning. A very simple solution. In the top of the suitcase is a pocket for business cards or credit cards. I placed 4 business cards in the
pouch in the lid and lo and behold the case no longer is free to move inside the suitcase.

-MJJ
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3317 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
In the top of the suitcase is a pocket for business cards or credit cards. I placed 4 business cards in the
pouch in the lid and lo and behold the case no longer is free to move inside the suitcase.

-MJJ

In my routine I suggest a Business card kicker so placing a few cards in the pocket is a good idea...Smile

Jim if you have any questions about the routine feel free to PM me.

John
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
I like your routine with the prediction John.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3594 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thanks for emailing me the instructions Jake.

I fiddled with it and ultimately figured it out on my own. Very clever. Worked perfectly with the 1968 half that came with it. I also tried with two Kreiss halves and three regular halves and all seemed to work great. Definitely not strong enough to be an opener or closer but certainly a good middle routine. Not sure I'll ever use it because I'm so in love with Flux (which also has heads/tails capability) and I have a super strong routine with it. That said, this is certainly a quality product at a great price point.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3317 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi emyers99 I also use Sixth Sense 3 (predecessor to Flux) and before 2.5 for many years. Still do use it often with a different routine. I have found I am getting a stronger reaction on the heads and tails feature with the routine I put together for the casket than with just the coin alone in the hand. Not sure why to be honest, part I guess it is the premise I am using and the perceived impossibility when adding additional layers to shield the coin.

Cheers,

John
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2054 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I did the Talbot routine for a few friends who came by and with the business cards in place the effect worked just like it should and floored them.
I found 4 business cards work the best.

-MJJ
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
For my little briefcase, I added an extra layer of black velvet to the inside bottom by purchasing some self-adhesive black velvet from Amazon and cutting a piece to shape (including rounding the corners). Then I added a little square of black velvet to the underside of the clear plastic snap case (adding the square to the area that is sort of recessed on the bottom). Those two additions keep the clear plastic snap case firmly anchored inside the little briefcase.

My Coin Light from SEO is being delivered today or tomorrow and I look forward to adding that to the routine. Now I'll be rooting for the last step of the routine to end with the spectator placing the coin tails up. Smile

Mark
Rory111
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Just ordered... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (117 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL