The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (113 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28~29 [Next]
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2124 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I was fortunate to grab one of these recently and all I can say is WOW!

First, the brass casket itself is beautifully made and very precise. Much more precise than the old one I’ve had for the last 3 decades. Maybe my old one was meant to be used differently... In any case, Jake Jr’s casket can be used with a blindfold (and earplugs) which was impossible with my old model. Also, the base of Jake Jr’s model has a recess so it is obviously the base, which was not the case with my old model, and of course it is important for this effect that the spectator distinguishes easily the base from the lid. In brief, the casket itself is perfect and I cannot see how it could be better or easier to “read”.

I’m glad that this astonishing accomplishment comes from Jake Jr. who is one of the nicest guys on the Café and one of the easiest person to deal with (we’ve made business a few times over the years...).

But the main reason I’ve decided to order this one remains the great routine John Talbot came with. What can I say... John has a knack to transform simple “accessories” into powerful and entertaining magical moments. Multiple examples come to me, but I would say that John did with the brass casket exactly what he did with Magic Wagon’s Mini Diceolation last year: he transformed a nice prop into a very commercial and entertaining multi-phases performance. By the way, these two (“Press the Flesh” and “Mini Diceolation”) share identical strengths and would combine perfectly IMHO...

When John showed me his PDF, I immediately knew that I would need to get one of these caskets... and plastic box... and mini suitcase... and flashlight ... and billet box...and eventually one of these beautiful wooden box sets made by Eric Hansen. I am all set, now! Smile

So Jake Jr, Frederik, John, Eric… thank you so much for your astonishing team work! Magic is even more enjoyable today than it was yesterday, thanks to you guys!

Simon Smile
Magic Wagon Secret Sessions thread : Table of contents
Magic Mark
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I performed John’s routine for a group of magicians at Denny’s (get together after I.B.M. Ring meeting) on Monday night. They loved it, particularly the magi I picked as my victim. He was flabbergasted that he couldn’t figure it out.

I hope it generated more sales for Airship Magic!

Mark
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3280 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Simon... thanks for your kind comments on my routine! Mark am glad it is still playing well for you!

Cheers,

John
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2018 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Very nice Simon. I reached out to Eric, but haven't heard back yet. He may be away.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
269 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
So glad I saw this. Order on the way! Didn't think this would ever be made again, well at least before I went to lie in my own casket Smile One question though, is this custom made for the coin? IOW, if you get the kennedy, could you later use the same box with a Walker. Not sure the coins would have the same profile.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2978 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2019, FlightRisk wrote:
So glad I saw this. Order on the way! Didn't think this would ever be made again, well at least before I went to lie in my own casket Smile One question though, is this custom made for the coin? IOW, if you get the kennedy, could you later use the same box with a Walker. Not sure the coins would have the same profile.

It’s custom made for the coin. The Walkers have an even more specific tolerance than the Kennedys, so don’t expect to use a Kennedy box with a Walker, or even one Walker box with another Walker coin.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2018 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Actually it's the reverse. The coins are made for the box. Each and every box has the same tolerances +/- 0001. None of the boxes ever change,
just the coin tolerances.

-MJJ
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2018 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
On the site I just noted in the pull down menu for the coin selection it says "Regular Kennedy". The "Regular Kennedy" is a 40% Silver Kennedy, not a regular clad Kennedy.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1502 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Just wondering if anyone has heard from RedDevil... with the post of having other important things to deal with, just wanting to know how RedDevil is doing and sending good thoughts.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1174 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hello! Thank you so much for thinking of me. That means a great deal. I am doing okay. Maybe one of these days I will be able to talk about it. The Good Lord is taking care of me though and things are looking up.
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
269 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I love that you can use 3 different methods to really make this an impossible divination. "Wait, you had to take it from me".. "oh, well, see, you still had to touch it!" Then after you have them just put it on the table, "ok, I give up. Smile
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2018 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
My brother is running a special on the web store, 25% off everything on the site until Midnight tonight. A Spring , Easter special.

I hope I don't upset anyone with what I'm about to type, but, God Bless you all on this special day.

Blessings,
Jake Jr.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2018 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2019, RedDevil wrote:
Hello! Thank you so much for thinking of me. That means a great deal. I am doing okay. Maybe one of these days I will be able to talk about it. The Good Lord is taking care of me though and things are looking up.

RedDevil, keep the faith and keep praying. The Lord will help you through this. If there is anything you might need we're all here for you.

Blessings,
Jake Jr.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
728 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
...I hope I don't upset anyone with what I'm about to type, but, God Bless you all on this special day.
Blessings,
Jake Jr.

Heaven help us, Jake, if it has come to the point where people are offended by being offered that blessing...
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
269 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Bicentennial halves seem to work well also.
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
269 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Has anyone found that the "hands free" method of divination is dependent on which side of the box you can see? I have a maybe 30% chance that I won't be able to tell coin orientation correctly because from one angle it will always look tails up.

Also, do all of them have a vacuum seal? If you place the lid on and let it go, is slowly falls in position as it expels the air inside it. Takes a half a second to a second to settle.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2018 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2019, FlightRisk wrote:
Has anyone found that the "hands free" method of divination is dependent on which side of the box you can see? I have a maybe 30% chance that I won't be able to tell coin orientation correctly because from one angle it will always look tails up.

Also, do all of them have a vacuum seal? If you place the lid on and let it go, is slowly falls in position as it expels the air inside it. Takes a half a second to a second to settle.

I'm looking into this now. I'm taking a few boxes from each run and testing them. Did you get the version of the 40% Silver Kennedy half with it?

-MJJ
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
269 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I did get the 40% Kennedy (1967). I tried a few coins. The vacuum issue really doesn't bother me, I was just curious. It actually keeps the lid from clanking when you put it on. It's like a little shock absorber Smile In any case, I can't see how it would interfere with anything. I am more concerned with how the top is supposed to sit so I know if that is normal or if I should get a fixed version. Thanks for all the help.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Is anyone else having issues with the latches on the black mini briefcase for John's Press The Flesh routine?

NOTE: I purchased the little black briefcase directly from Amazon, not from Airship.

The right-hand latch on my little briefcase stopped working correctly after about 2 dozen performances. It is nearly impossible to get it to latch and then, after latching (lots of fiddling) it is difficult to open again. I figured it just broke and I ordered another mini briefcase from Amazon. It arrived today and, right of the package, the replacement's left-hand latch is having the same issue. In both cases, I believe the little spring that's in there has become dislodged or broken.

If I'm already 2 out of 2 with problems on this, surely others are experiencing it????

Amazon is refunding my money for the second mini briefcase. I chose to NOT get a replacement. I need to come up with a different outer container, I guess.

Mark
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2018 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Mark,
we deal directly with the manufacturer on ours. For an extra 118.00 a supervisor oversees all quality control. So far out of 100 boxes in the first case we opened, not a one has given us
a problem nor have we had any returned or reported to us with these issues. I'm still using the sample from China and it hasn't failed me at all.

-MJJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (113 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28~29 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL