We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (116 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30 [Next]
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1555 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
If you PM your address I'll send you one to replace your stolen one
and it even comes with a 40% Silver Kennedy.

Jake Jr.

This speaks volumes of the quality of customer service provided by Airship Magic!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4109 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
If you PM your address I'll send you one to replace your stolen one
and it even comes with a 40% Silver Kennedy.

Jake Jr.

This speaks volumes of the quality of customer service provided by Airship Magic!

That's as amazing as anything they sell!!!
Jake Jr. and Frederick are first class human beings!
ATXTimeLord
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of ATXTimeLord
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
The Quarter Coin Casket. I was going to post this in the Workshop, but the advice I need is from real users. The tolerances I mentioned earlier are done for Washington Quarters.

My question is, do I really need to change the OD of the Coin Casket? If some of you could give some guidance here I would appreciate it. You can post here or PM me. I'm hoping that
I can keep it the same size as the half version, just for quarters though. If I have to change the size it might throw me into an odd sized box and create a bunch of waste.

Thank you for any help.

-MJJ

I thought about this for a minute, and I think the OD should be the same... Just spitballing here, but you could use it as a sucker plug for the end of the routine similar to cups and balls .. Where the half dollar couldn't have been in the casket .. it won't fit...

mG
bobinsdakota
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of bobinsdakota
Hello folks, this is my first post on the forum (other than to introduce myself) and I just received my Brass Coin Casket.
It's so well made and wonderful to use. I'm a total newbie magician and tried it out on my granddaughter....she was amazed and it was really fun. I used my Quiver along with it revealing the correct prediction written on a piece of paper.
Thank you Jake for making a wonderful product, mine has paid for itself already with the fun I've had.
I would love to get any routines that others use with the Coin Casket.
Anyway, looking forward to getting to know the people on the forum.

Bob
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Sad, but humorous story:

Last year, I was so excited by the casket, I bought a second one as a shiny back-up just in case. (This has got to be one of my favorite purchases of the last decade, and I have probably spent more minutes thinking about this prop than anything in my magic life). Anyway, life got pretty rough for a while last winter, blah blah, and I discovered a month ago, I had lost my original. I tore my truck up and my house looking for it, but it was gone. And I was bummed. I had spent time with it making it look old and beat up, and it worked perfectly with all the little subtleties I had learned about it (I have catalogued several ways to use this thing and its properties).

Fast forward to last night.

I am in a hotel room on a work trip last night, and I look into the side pocket of my toiletries bag, and there it is! Eureka! So I drop everything and forget about dinner and before I know it, I have spent 30 minutes with it in the bathroom in front of the mirror trying a few presentations with it.

Then, it falls out of my hands and clangs all over the tile bathroom floor.

Well, I don't think anything of it. If it scratches a bit, it just looks older (which I wanted because my presentation is that it used to belong to my grandfather who used to sell old coins at flea markets, true story). So I pick it back up, replace the coin, and replace the lid. A few minutes later, I try to take the lid off and...it won't come off. At first I am puzzled and think I have made some kind of mistake. But no, it won't come off, and I have to twist the lid off to get it off, like a bottle cap. I looked all around it looking for a bend, but couldn't find it. But alas, I guess that is what I did. I bent it slightly.

So I went from utter victory to crying ironic tears in 30 minutes.

The moral, however, is that I would not drop this thing too often. It's metal, and it can bend I guess. Most likely, I will end up buying 2-3 more of these before they disappear. If I had the money, I would buy every one of them that they made and hoard them. Smile
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2042 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Sorry to hear this. If you want to return the box I can fix it for you. Most likely it hasn't bent any but you may have nicked the base where the lid fits onto. I made a special
puller that will pull the lid off without damaging it. Just PM me and we'll set up to fix it for you. There's no charge for this with the exception of the shipping it back to us.

-MJJ
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5283 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Wow! Great special care MJJ. All should take note, 'cause we sure don't see much of this kind of service anymore.

Kudos, Mad Jake Jr.!

Jim
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
Sorry to hear this. If you want to return the box I can fix it for you. Most likely it hasn't bent any but you may have nicked the base where the lid fits onto. I made a special
puller that will pull the lid off without damaging it. Just PM me and we'll set up to fix it for you. There's no charge for this with the exception of the shipping it back to us.

-MJJ

Wonderful!!! Thank you very much. I will do just that. You guys are the best.

Red
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2042 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Thank you Jim and Red. A business is nothing without customer service.

-MJJ
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2042 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Special 2019 Uncirculated Kennedy version. Limited to 24 pieces, each casket numbered inside.

https://airshipmagic.com/store/home/146-......ket.html

These were made specifically for the new 2019 Kennedy Half dollar. The Kennedy half is a new, uncirculated coin which
really looks nice against the brass.

$24.95

-Frederick
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2042 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Well we try to help people the most we can. Earlier in this thread we gave a friend of our fathers some boxes to sell. It's since been found
that he is selling them at prices of 20.00 with free shipping and also removed copyrighted material from the routine sheets.

There are only 2 of us that resale, AirShip Magic, which belongs to my younger brother Frederick and Steven's Magic. These are the only
authorized dealers for these.

I even gave him some machine work to do for us so he would have some extra $ income. If I sound Jaded, we all feel the same way after
helloing someone.

The main purpose of this post is to inform customers of the 2 authorized resellers. They are the only 2 you can get the extra routines from
when you purchase from one of them.

Thank you to those who brought this to my attention.

-MJJ
ATXTimeLord
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of ATXTimeLord
I was browsing the Airship Magic website and noticed that they have now listed the quarter equivalent of this effect.

Faster than you could say "Abracadabra", my money disappeared from my account and ordered two of them. They indicate they are shipping sometime in September. The link to the new offering is here: https://airshipmagic.com/store/home/144-......ize.html

I am not an employee of Airship Magic, nor am I being compensated for this post. I just appreciate great craftsmanship (which is why I have 6 of the half-dollar size ones ..) and look forward to seeing these.

I do have one question, are the dimensions the same as the half-dollar version or would it be understandably smaller in size?

mG
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1024 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I too pre ordered the Quarter size and was hoping it would be smaller to carry but it is the same size as the half dollar one. They say it will be before the end of sept before they will be sending it out. Right now they are preparing for the Dorian hurricane to get over with. Also it has been said the quarter size will not work with the Talbot routine in the briefcase which is too bad. I am positive it will work in the second phase in plastic case just fine. I would have ordered 2 or more of these quarter size but now will have to wait to see if it is as easy to get the tell. It appears it will not be if it won't work in the briefcase unless you are able to get the tell before it goes in the briefcase which is possible but not always. I believe if it was made smaller it would work but don't know until I get it. I wanted the quarter size because quarters are everywhere and you never see a half dollar in the wild in someones pocket. But I have 2 of the half dollar ones anyway works great with the Talbot routine Press The Flesh.

Richard
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2150 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
Well we try to help people the most we can. Earlier in this thread we gave a friend of our fathers some boxes to sell. It's since been found
that he is selling them at prices of 20.00 with free shipping and also removed copyrighted material from the routine sheets.

There are only 2 of us that resale, AirShip Magic, which belongs to my younger brother Frederick and Steven's Magic. These are the only
authorized dealers for these.

I even gave him some machine work to do for us so he would have some extra $ income. If I sound Jaded, we all feel the same way after
helloing someone.

The main purpose of this post is to inform customers of the 2 authorized resellers. They are the only 2 you can get the extra routines from
when you purchase from one of them.

Thank you to those who brought this to my attention.

-MJJ

I'll stick with buying direct and supporting the source. Steven's is my go to for unique items though.
Pay it forward
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2042 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
An update on the 1/4 size Divination Box. I never got any feedback after requesting some about changing the size of the box so I did downsize it a bit. But in doing so it made it incompatible with the John Talbot
Routine. I received PM's and emails asking if it could be make to work with the Talbot routine. The diameter of the box was not an issue as was the height of the box which wouldn't allow it to function properly
with the plastic case and suitcase. Even by adding some more business cards into the case, the new design would not work.

I'm almost done re-tweaking the box dimensions so it WILL work with the Talbot set up. The Hurricane has set us back a bit as well, but we are still shooting for September shipping.

I just wanted to update everyone who is still following this thread and those who pre-ordered.

Kindest Regards,
Jake Jr.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1024 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
An update on the 1/4 size Divination Box. I never got any feedback after requesting some about changing the size of the box so I did downsize it a bit. But in doing so it made it incompatible with the John Talbot
Routine. I received PM's and emails asking if it could be make to work with the Talbot routine. The diameter of the box was not an issue as was the height of the box which wouldn't allow it to function properly
with the plastic case and suitcase. Even by adding some more business cards into the case, the new design would not work.

I'm almost done re-tweaking the box dimensions so it WILL work with the Talbot set up. The Hurricane has set us back a bit as well, but we are still shooting for September shipping.

I just wanted to update everyone who is still following this thread and those who pre-ordered.

Kindest Regards,
Jake Jr.

Jake that is fabulous news about the quarter size box being redone to work, and it is smaller which is what I wanted. My pre order has been in for while. I may want to get another one now I know it's been updated.

Thanks
Richard
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2042 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Richard,
this is what is wonderful about the internet, being able to get instant feedback and analytical criticism and being able to address them.
This is really our first delay, but being flooded with emails with suggestions and requests that make sense, like making it compatible with
the Talbot Routine. I should have considered that myself in the. beginning, I kind of feel stupid that I didn't take it into consideration.

Once all the tolerances are set on the lathe, that is all that is run on the lathe until we have an inventory. I check calibration of the settings
after every 12 boxes I turn to ensure all the tolerances stay the same.

I do apologize for the delay again for all that prepaid, I think there are 5 that did. But the final product will be what everyone has requested
it to be. This is something that would take months if I wasn't making them.

Thank you again to all that support AirShip Magic. And thank you for your patience with this project.

Kindest Regards,
Jake Jr.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3308 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Glad to hear it will work with the Talbot routine... heard that guy is a genius 😀

Will want to pick up one of those as well, of course still dreaming of a Canadian quarter version....

Cheers,

John
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
623 Posts

Profile of egoli
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:
of course still dreaming of a Canadian quarter version....

Cheers,

John

You can add my vote for a Canadian quarter version!

Ed
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
623 Posts

Profile of egoli
Or even a Canadian Loonie or Toonie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (116 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL