The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (121 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..13..17..21..25..29..30~31~32 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2018, NeilS wrote:
Here is the routine which occurred to me this morning. It is only the bare bones but I hope it will be of value to some.

You hand the coin and casket to a spectator and ask them to decide on the orientation of the coin and to place the coin in the casket heads or tails up, whichever they have decided upon. They are then asked to close the casket and to put it in the small red bag provided (and which comes with the set.)

You take the bag and place it on your outstretched left hand (or table if you wish) and say you are going to determine whether the coin is heads or tails up, and you will use a method shown to you by your grandfather many years ago.

You bring out a small pendulum and hold it above the bag, saying that if the pendulum swings in a circular fashion, the coin will be heads up, if to and fro, then it will be tails up.

And the way the pendulum swings is correct - every time.

The routine is all the more bewildering because everything seems so fair and there is no need for the performer to remove the casket from the red bag until the very end of the routine.

As I say, this is just the gist but using a pendulum could help dress the effect up very nicely. And what is more, it is so easy to do and with nothing else in play - just the coin, casket, red bag, pendulum and, of course, the secret known only to you.

Neil

good idea. After this use scan 3d to do a few which hands.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
If you are fairly competent with a pendulum you could, after the first demonstration with you holding the pendulum, have another specrator who hasn’t seen the coin hold the pendulum .......
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
I would worry that using a pendulum with a metal casket might arise suspicion that a magnet might be in play?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
I like pendulums and have many but now never use them when any metal involved....
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
It never occurred to me about the possibility of magnets coming into play. My pendulum is crystal so hopefully the idea will not occur to spectators - as if there was anything underhand going on anyway ;-)
Dr. O
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
229 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Received mine today. Very pleased with the service and product. Lots of potential here.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2018, NeilS wrote:
It never occurred to me about the possibility of magnets coming into play. My pendulum is crystal so hopefully the idea will not occur to spectators - as if there was anything underhand going on anyway ;-)

It would be an attractive proposition. (are there magnets?)
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2071 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
It would be an attractive proposition. (are there magnets?) [/quote]

There are not threads, magnets or any funny business with the box and coin.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2366 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
This is the simplest of props with a huge reward. The price is very fair, possibilities are up to your imagination. It just goes to show you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to have the trick of the year.

Thanks again Jake

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
Mine will be in Thursday I can't wait to see this thing that everybody is Raven about. I just hope they got my address corrected before they shipped it out.

Allen
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2071 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2018, mtstic44 wrote:
Mine will be in Thursday I can't wait to see this thing that everybody is Raven about. I just hope they got my address corrected before they shipped it out.

Allen

Alan,
thank you for your order, I double checked and the address was changed per your request. Gotcha covered!

Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Just received news that my casket has been accepted at customs and that expected delivery is now 3-7 days. Can't wait.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2018, Steven Conner wrote:
This is the simplest of props with a huge reward. The price is very fair, possibilities are up to your imagination. It just goes to show you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to have the trick of the year.

Thanks again Jake

Steve

Yes it is the sheer simplicity, elegance and with the secret so well hidden that makes the casket just so good.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2018, Mad Jake wrote:
It would be an attractive proposition. (are there magnets?)

There are not threads, magnets or any funny business with the box and coin. [/quote]

Didn't think so.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
Thanks Mad Jake, That is what brings people back.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I want to thank Neil for the great idea of using a pendulum to reveal the status of the coin. I don't own anything remotely appropriate to use as a pendulum so I ordered this inexpensive pendulum from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVG......F8&psc=1

I even found some nice velvet drawstring bags on Amazon in which to store the pendulum:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HKT......F8&psc=1

Yeah, I know, I don't really need 48 of them but I do have several other effects that could be stored in a nice velvet drawstring bag so, why not? Smile

Mark
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Received it today in France, wow, the Shipping was fast :o

Dead easy and devious method, love it !

Can someone tell me the visual method through PM please ? Thanks again.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4182 Posts

Profile of videoman
I need some help with the visual method too. I'm hoping you don't need eagle eyes to use that.
PM please, thanks in advance!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I am a bit puzzled by this reference to 'visual method.'

And Videoman, rest assured, you do not need eagle eyes to use the effect. It is beautifully simple to perform - which is why I like it.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
If you wanted to you could perform it blindfolded, but this is not an approach or way I would choose or recommend.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (121 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..13..17..21..25..29..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL