The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (122 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..19..22..25..28..31~32~33 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Some photos below of the set-up I am now using for the Coin Casket. Everything is carried in a small metal briefcase which I have lined with black velvet (these cases are easily sourced online).

Inside the case is a small box containing the Coin Casket. I made an insert to nicely house the Casket in this box. I perform first with just the casket, then comment that they might think I get a clue from touching the box. For the second phase they seal the casket in the small box... I still determine if it is heads or tails. I comment that while I cannot touch the box, possibly they think I am getting a clue through the clear lid. For the last phase I tell them to seal the casket in the small box and then seal in the briefcase (while my back is turned). Sometimes I also have them place the coin in the casket behind their back for this phase so that even they do not know if it is heads or tails (I explain this precludes me getting any clues from their body language).

This three phase routine that looks like increasingly impossible conditions is playing great and the boxes make a great way to carry and store the casket Smile

Cheers,

John
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
That looks excellent John. Will see if I can track down a mini metal briefcase. It will add another layer to the effect, as well as looking good.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks Neil... just google mini metal briefcase and you will see a ton of options... Smile Most are designed to hold business cards or credit cards. I stripped that out and lined it with some adhesive backed velvet. Have used these cases for a few projects.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
I have a business card case that just might suffice. Good thinking John.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Man you guys are serious. haha
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Well it is good thinking even if it is unlikely that I would personally do it that way. For now, I am sticking to my 3 phase routine. Perhaps there will be some good ideas in the ebook.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, John C wrote:

This thread has been one of the unfortunately very few positive threads in the Latest and Greatest section lately. Increasingly seems becoming a sea of negativity and endless repeating of positions on products that they don't own. A little sad actually. Kind of proving an old adage "Those that cannot create critique"

I get little value in those conversations but enjoy contributing to positive conversations as seen here. End of soap box... Smile

Cheers,

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, aligator wrote:
Well it is good thinking even if it is unlikely that I would personally do it that way. For now, I am sticking to my 3 phase routine. Perhaps there will be some good ideas in the ebook.

Not sure if that is a compliment or slam Smile I am not expecting anyone to take stuff and do it verbatim... but if we take pieces of ideas great. I have done that from things shared here. Please share your three phase routine aligator.

Cheers,

John
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Basically, I do a switch hand initially with another coin. The Kennedy is in the casket in plain view. While doing the switch hand, another spec is arranging 4 coins (including another Kennedy). After the switch hand that coin is added to the four to make 5. Using a magician's choice, the Kennedy is forced and shown to be the same as the one in the casket.....there is psychological patter which is not included in this post. The spec then replaces coin in casket for the head/tails. I put it in velvet bag and then pocket and begin to walk away seeking participant for next demonstration. Then as an afterthough, turn back and say. BTW, thanks for the HEADS up......or if tails, I wanted to give you a heads up, but unfortunately you chose TAILS.

no slam intended John....just an observation. It's a good idea that doesn't suit my style.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I will be doing this effect at a Superbowl party, have come up with a patter hook around the coin tosses at the first three Superbowl games. I think it will play well... hopefully Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks for sharing your routine. For the third phase do you confirm if we are right on your statement or leave them them wondering. Just curious. I have never felt comfortable using a magicians force sequence if working for multiple people that may see it a few times. I know it can be done though. Nice sequence.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Do not confirm on 3rd phase. Reaction of spec will tell if accurate. If I get a blank look, I might consider confirming. As far as magician's choice is concerned, I am fine with it but would only do it once for same audience. I can also omit the 2nd phase with a small group or one on one.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks.... like the idea of not confirming on the third phase...
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
704 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Mine arrived today it’s such a wonderful piece , and so deceptive , I didn’t know the method even though it’s apparently as old as the hills , so I tried to guess and I had no idea.

Carl
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, John C wrote:

This thread has been one of the unfortunately very few positive threads in the Latest and Greatest section lately. Increasingly seems becoming a sea of negativity and endless repeating of positions on products that they don't own. A little sad actually. Kind of proving an old adage "Those that cannot create critique"

I get little value in those conversations but enjoy contributing to positive conversations as seen here. End of soap box... Smile

Cheers,

John

I don't get it?
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
What don’t you get John C ?You seemed to show sarcasm over the very kind and creative John Talbot yet again sharing his brilliant thinking on the Café to other members. Olly
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8438 Posts

Profile of Mb217
That's a nice routine you've put together there JM. Smile I like the props and the progressive nature of it that makes it seem even more difficult to predict. I also like that little switch-up where not even the spec knows if the coin is heads or tails...Nice touch! Smile I hope you put that on video one day soon. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Hi John T the clear plastic container I presume is also housed so that it can’t slide side to side when the mini briefcase is shut. Great idea Olly
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, Oil&Water wrote:
What don’t you get John C ?You seemed to show sarcasm over the very kind and creative John Talbot yet again sharing his brilliant thinking on the Café to other members. Olly

No,sorry, you mis-interpret Mr Olly. Not sarcasm this time. Rather amazement at what they come up with for this little device. They've obviously put some time into their routines.

I own one too and thinks it's a great piece of Magic.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, Oil&Water wrote:
Hi John T the clear plastic container I presume is also housed so that it can’t slide side to side when the mini briefcase is shut. Great idea Olly

Hi Olly:

I placed a piece of black velvet on the bottom of the small box. The mini briefcase is lined with velvet as well. When the two velvet pieces touch they lock and the small box does not move in the briefcase Smile These little briefcases really command attention and people are always curious to see what is inside.

Cheers,

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (122 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..19..22..25..28..31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL