The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (121 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..30~31~32 [Next]
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Ask him. He's very friendly.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1222 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I've been toying around with using the Coin Casket to do a version of Colin McLeod's "Perfect Prediction" from his book Divine to choose a name, place, and item, except using heads and tails instead of right hand or left hand. And with this casket, it can be done without the very expensive gadget you need to perform it as written. I've also ordered another Coin Casket so that I can do it a bit more smoothly. In short, they make several choices using H/T, and in the process of taking one casket and handing them another, I've got all the info I need! In fact, you can do it three times just like in his book, but only need to handle it twice, if on the second time you say, "and whatever you chose the first time, do the opposite this time." Hope that is vague enough but still makes sense!

And guys, there are like five of these left... if you're on the fence, grab it now! This is one of the best items to come down the pike in a long time.

Seth
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Just to come back to the mixing of ‘Impossible’ with this... after seeing the reaction of a few times with others, it is not worthwhile and does not add anything, to be honest, I feel it subtracted from the whole thing. I may still toy around with the idea but it seems as if just the simplicity of being correct with heads or tails was a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Simplicity is never a bad option.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I love the simplicity of this trick. I tell them to put the coin in the casket heads or tails and then put it in the velvet bag
then I put it in my hand and wave a hand over it and tell them which side. That's it not too complicated.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4182 Posts

Profile of videoman
For those that do choose to follow this effect with a Which Hand routine using a ma***t detector, it does allow you to use a Super Strong Kreis half dollar in a pretty logical way.

But note that my Kreis half didn't work with my casket so I had to find a matching regular half and then switch it in at the end. That may sound complicated but it's actually super simple and easy and flies by everyone. But you may not even need to do a switch because I believe the Kreis coins vary a bit.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2071 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Okay, a few asked about a silver dollar size, but for which kind of dollar? Morgan or Ike?
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
529 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2019, Mad Jake wrote:
Okay, a few asked about a silver dollar size, but for which kind of dollar? Morgan or Ike?

Ike
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6870 Posts

Profile of bowers
I would prefer one in a Morgan version myself.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5293 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Wouldn’t work well - if at all - with soft Morgans. Ikes would be more likely to work since they don’t really soften.

Jim
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2071 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I've had good luck with Soft Walkers and Franklins. Soft Morgans might be a whole different beast.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1222 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Ikes please! Smile I mean, if we're voting...

Seth
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4182 Posts

Profile of videoman
Don't mean to throw a wrench into things but I'd probably rather see it go in the opposite direction, so I vote for quarters.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2071 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, videoman wrote:
Don't mean to throw a wrench into things but I'd probably rather see it go in the opposite direction, so I vote for quarters.

I was told by a fellow Café member that Abbott's Magic did a quarter version years ago.
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Peace dollar!
ATXTimeLord
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of ATXTimeLord
My vote is for Morgans...

mG
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
810 Posts

Profile of lin
Quarters, if possible.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Yes quarters would be cool if possible Smile.

Had a quick trip to L.A. and a couple of nights at the Castle... had a chance to show my routine with the Casket to a few Magician friends... they really liked it and were impressed with the prop.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2071 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
First thing when I get back from Ma. I'll start the specs on the new boxes.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Would this work with any quarter? I'm Canadian and our quarters are the same size as US quarters.
Magic which awakens and nourishes the divine spirit in man encourages the growth of true humanity, in contrast to the materialistic outlook which binds man to the earth.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (121 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL