We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (116 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..28~29~30 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3307 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Let us know Mark if it works, the Kries magnetic half does not work.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:
Let us know Mark if it works, the Kries magnetic half does not work.

Will do, John. My Johnson mag half should be here on Wednesday.

Mark
Rory111
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Wow... This is nice! Truly one of the best magic purchases I've made in a long time... Well made, quality prop (Also worked great with my '64 Kennedy Half Dollar), prompt delivery and world-class customer service, too...... I really feel like I got more than my monies worth with this purchase!

Thank you Jake... and all of you that posted the information I needed to make the decision to purchase Smile. So many great ideas being shared...many thanks!

All the Best,
Rory
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
234 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
I’ve gone through all my magnetic halves, and am pleased to say that Mark Mason’s ones all work.
The best is the one from double deception.
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
441 Posts

Profile of robvh
So does this replace Flux? Or does it complement Flux in a way that makes sense?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2041 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, robvh wrote:
So does this replace Flux? Or does it complement Flux in a way that makes sense?

This doesn't replace Flux, how it could compliment Flux would be up to the performer. My Brother Frederick who is a data miner of history was able to trace it back to
the 1930's in Europe. It's been made a few times over the years, but most failed as it has unforgiving tolerances. It will work with certain magnetic coins, but I can't
promise it to fit any one brand.

In this version there are no peeks, magnets and no electronics. The effect is instant reset while still in the spectators hands. It doesn't weigh a lot, so you can carry
it every where you go.

There are pages in this thread of ideas of how to use this further then we had intentions of. There is a routine by John Talbot that we purchased the rights from
for a routine called "Press the Flesh" that is a 3 phase divination.

-Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I'm disappointed to report that my Johnson mag half dollar *almost* works with Coin Casket.

Well, it DOES work if used only with Coin Casket and/or the clear snap case. Except, the how to is reversed. But put everything inside the little briefcase and the how to doesn't work at all. I'm at a loss to explain why because the little briefcase is aluminum.

Bummer!

Mark
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
I'm disappointed to report that my Johnson mag half dollar *almost* works with Coin Casket.
Mark

Mark, sorry to hear this. The tolerances on mag coins is different. Did you try putting some business cards
in the small pocket inside the briefcase?

Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1175 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Well, I hate to say this, but I must report that I may be indefinitely delayed on any manuscript on uses of the coin casket. Within a short time of taking on the project (and I had asked for it because I was excited to do it and LOVE this prop), I had a bit of a life crisis happen. In reality, it's more like Phase 3 of a life crisis that I have been experiencing for the last year. And there appears to be no end in sight.

Because of this, I have not been able to focus on magic or mentalism at all. I apologize to anyone I may have disappointed. If you have read my other books, you know I love writing mentalism ebooks and pour my hearts into them. I have always prided my self on customer service, and most people here that know me know that I keep my word. So I feel terrible. Again, I apologize.
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11549 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, RedDevil wrote:
Well, I hate to say this, but I must report that I may be indefinitely delayed on any manuscript on uses of the coin casket. Within a short time of taking on the project (and I had asked for it because I was excited to do it and LOVE this prop), I had a bit of a life crisis happen. In reality, it's more like Phase 3 of a life crisis that I have been experiencing for the last year. And there appears to be no end in sight.

Because of this, I have not been able to focus on magic or mentalism at all. I apologize to anyone I may have disappointed. If you have read my other books, you know I love writing mentalism ebooks and pour my hearts into them. I have always prided my self on customer service, and most people here that know me know that I keep my word. So I feel terrible. Again, I apologize.

Take care of your family, yourself, your health or any crisis otherwise first. A Magic pdf is an inconsequential blip within those challenges.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2150 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, RedDevil wrote:

Take care. The thoughts and good wishes of many are with you.

Neil
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Ditto the last two posts. Olly
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4101 Posts

Profile of videoman
Don't stress over it RedDevil, you have to prioritize what's most important.
Wishing you good thoughts and energy.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
My brother and I are very sorry to hear this RedDevil. Take care of yourself first. You are
in our prayers.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
744 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
I ordered a ProMystic Flux and it shipped today. I intend to do a which hand routine in conjunction with Coin Casket and John's Press the Flesh. I ordered a Johnson Magic Product mag half to use with Flux. I'm hopeful that I can just use the mag half in Coin Casket and then switch to using just the coin only with Flux. However, I'm doubtful that a mag half will work properly in the Coin Casket because I suspect a mag half, being a modified coin, won't be exactly the same size. We'll see.

Mark

Great minds think alike! Smile I wanted to do the same thing. Bummed that your Johnson half did not work.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3307 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
RedDevil, our thoughts are with you and we have no doubt you would have delivered a great write up. I sincerely hope things improve and you can focus on the fun things again. Take care,

John
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2149 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Tried placing an order via phone/safari. Failed at handshake from paypal back to his site. Tried again on PC using chrome with same results.
Via chat Mad Jake quickly reported to his tech and emailed me a paypal invoice. Customer service!! Wow, he DOES want my money. HA. Thanks again Mad Jake!
Pay it forward
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
Sorry to hear Red Devil. As others have said, take care of yourself first. Hopefully, we will see you here again soon.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Red Devil, day at a time. Thoughts and prayers go with you during this phase.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3731 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have tons of fun with this prop/effect. Easy to carry, no setup. If you don’t have one yet...what’s wrong with you!?? Hahahaha.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (116 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL