The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (124 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..31~32~33 [Next]
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6914 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yes it works 100% You can also look into Manos's work.
His book is called V2.Their is a effect in it called Verbalist.
Which works with two people.You will not only know which of the
4 hands the coin is in.But who is lying and who is telling the truth.
And it works 100% also.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2216 Posts

Profile of NeilS
With Which Hand it is a case of personal preference. There are some brilliant routines and variations out there and with, IMHO, Tequila Hustler and Manos's work undoubtedly the best.
I'll be posting a routine idea for the casket shortly. Stay tuned.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
Looking forward to it Neil.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2216 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Here is the routine which occurred to me this morning. It is only the bare bones but I hope it will be of value to some.

You hand the coin and casket to a spectator and ask them to decide on the orientation of the coin and to place the coin in the casket heads or tails up, whichever they have decided upon. They are then asked to close the casket and to put it in the small red bag provided (and which comes with the set.)

You take the bag and place it on your outstretched left hand (or table if you wish) and say you are going to determine whether the coin is heads or tails up, and you will use a method shown to you by your grandfather many years ago.

You bring out a small pendulum and hold it above the bag, saying that if the pendulum swings in a circular fashion, the coin will be heads up, if to and fro, then it will be tails up.

And the way the pendulum swings is correct - every time.

The routine is all the more bewildering because everything seems so fair and there is no need for the performer to remove the casket from the red bag until the very end of the routine.

As I say, this is just the gist but using a pendulum could help dress the effect up very nicely. And what is more, it is so easy to do and with nothing else in play - just the coin, casket, red bag, pendulum and, of course, the secret known only to you.

Neil
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
Good thinking Neil. So it is true that we always make our best decisions first thing in the morning. I was also thinking that another possibility for presentation would be to give a brief reading to the spec based on their choice and before revealment, beginning with introvert/extrovert etc.

I am sure there will be more ideas presented moving forward.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2216 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Yes I could see that working nicely.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
Planning to order this tomorrow as long as it seems postal settlement imminent.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2085 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
We're packing and shipping 24/7, the post office is just 2 blocks from our one shop and the night drop is a big help.
I'd like to take the time to wish everyone a happy holiday season and to thank you for all your support, it means a lot to all of us.

Kindest Regards,
Jake Jr & Crew
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
The postal problems are at my end, not yours.....rotating strikes.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
Ordered. Will review when received.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
785 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
The more that I perform this effect, the more that I like martini's 'hands off' version. Absolutely baffling to the specs...
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2216 Posts

Profile of NeilS
As I quickly discovered, having a spectator putting the casket into the bag before handing it to you adds another layer of impossibility to the effect and does not interfere with the working either.

This effect is a real gem.

Neil
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
Thanks for the recommendation and all. Looking forward to receiving mine.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2085 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
If anyone wants their routine published in my brother's e-book, please let me know. You will of course be credited for the routine in the e-book.

Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1627 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Mad Jake:

By al means, publish Neil's effect (above). It is a splendid perspective AND helped me discover a big reason for keeping the red bag.

George
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Ordered from France today, I'm a sucker for brass made gimmick so this was a no brainer. Amazing price too !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2085 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2018, Alex DLF wrote:
Ordered from France today, I'm a sucker for brass made gimmick so this was a no brainer. Amazing price too !

Thank you Alex. Your Coin Casket has already shipped this morning. Enjoy the effect.

Jake Jr.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2018, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2018, Alex DLF wrote:

Thank you Alex. Your Coin Casket has already shipped this morning. Enjoy the effect.

Jake Jr.

Wow, that was fast, hope the post service is as quick as you :o
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
Although I don't have mine yet and may be waiting awhile due to parcel backlog in Canada, I think that Neil's idea is a good one and I will probably be using it. I have a few ideas as well but will wait till I actually have the casket before discussing them.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3327 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Am in the same boat aligator... mine has been in Canada Post limbo for a few weeks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (124 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL