The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » 2019 Tenyo collection (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eric50
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of eric50
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
9 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Hmm... effects like Screen Clean can be got for far, far cheaper. Is there something more to this one that justifies that price tag or is it the same type of gimmick?
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Print Impress by Tenyo Magic and Chocolate Break by Tenyo Magic are great for children Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, Topcliffe wrote:
Hmm... effects like Screen Clean can be got for far, far cheaper. Is there something more to this one that justifies that price tag or is it the same type of gimmick?

Probably the same, I suppose.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Drewmasters
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Drewmasters
Print impress looks good imo 🙂

Has anyone received this and can review it please
Drewmasters
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Drewmasters
Someone at last showed me this last night .
What a load of rubbish , it must be one of the worst Tenyo effects ever .
You think with Tenyo it will look very plasticky and proppie and you always wish someone else like magic wagon etc will bring out a really professional version .
However normally they are very clever on the ingenuity with how it works , not this time unfortunately .
Its a massive step backwards imo and it is methodwise exactly how you think it could be achieved , and most of us could make a better a version ourselves .
Not that you would opt for this method as it’s very lazy and poor 🙂
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Played with this last night, I think it looks good. If you like the video demo it lives up to that. Modern take on a classic method. Far from being one of their worst effects ever in my mind.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
629 Posts

Profile of Inert
Hey John. It's been a spell dude. I hope all is well.

For some reason, Sword Reward reminds me of Crystal Cleaver. Have you messed around with this one yet? Is it repeatable & examinable? You likey or no? Thanks in advance.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Inert...all is well thanks!

Have only seen Print Impress so far. Have all on order. The sword effect will be released a bit latter I believe.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
629 Posts

Profile of Inert
Thanx mate. Can I rook you into reviews in the future?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hey Inert, will be getting the next two of the first batch I believe this weekend. Will post a few thoughts for sure after I try them out.

Cheers!

John
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
629 Posts

Profile of Inert
Dandy news! Thank you Sir. Have a blast weekend.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Tried out Print Impress last night. As Canadian money is made from a polymer I made a crude $20 bill using similar clear plastic and transformed it into a real $20. Played well.

Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
629 Posts

Profile of Inert
Like your thinkin' on this John.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
333 Posts

Profile of dragonash
The video of Print Impress looks really bad. Because you seem satisfied with this effect, could you share how you get this to look better?

Quote:
On Nov 25, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
Tried out Print Impress last night. As Canadian money is made from a polymer I made a crude $20 bill using similar clear plastic and transformed it into a real $20. Played well.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have always liked money printing effects and have quite a number of versions. They all have strengths and weaknesses. I added a few subtleties to this that made it play for me. Is it the best money printing effect in my collection... no... is it the worst.. definitely not.

For those that do it, consider motivation and obviously avoid some of the unfortunate flashing seen in the video. I added a tear in the fake polymer bill and had a similar tear in the real bill. I also had access to some material that allowed me to make a switch out for the printing plate.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
333 Posts

Profile of dragonash
Great. Thank you for your ideas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » 2019 Tenyo collection (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL