The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Vote vote vote (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am receiving literature in my mailbox, text messages, phone calls and emails regarding to vote for a certain favor. I hope this nuisance will end after tomorrow.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Me too! The phone calls and printed mailers have been relentless!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
My understanding is that once you mail in your ballot, they stop mailing you junk and stop phoning you.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, S2000magician wrote:
My understanding is that once you mail in your ballot, they stop mailing you junk and stop phoning you.

Another option is to move abroad. I haven't received a single junk mail or phone call.

Which would have been nice, since I didn't actually get around to mailing my ballot until yesterday. €3.80! I literally had to pay to vote. Here's looking to doing it online in the future....
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:

Not true, S2000magician. My wife and I voted the last week of October, and the mailers and phone calls have increased dramatically since then. The printed mailers are not just sent to “resident” or “homeowner” at our address; each one is addressed to us personally. This past week we’ve been receiving from 3 to 8 per day! And the phone calls have also been more frequent. We just don’t answer the phone any more.

Thankfully, it will all be over after today.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, stoneunhinged wrote:

Another option is to move abroad. I haven't received a single junk mail or phone call.

What is it like in Germany when German candidates are up for election? Do you get mail and phone calls?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:

What is it like in Germany when German candidates are up for election? Do you get mail and phone calls?

No. I think (but am not sure) that it is illegal to do any kind of telephone solicitation at all. If you have a contract with someone—say, your landlord or you celll ponies service—then they can offer you something “more” or “better,” but it’s illegal to spam me on the phone.

Mail is different, but I honestly don’t know if any laws are involved. There probably are. I have never (I’ve lived her since 1995) received anything in the mail regarding how to vote.

(Of course, I was joking in my post about receiving mail and calls, because what I really meant was that no one was bugging me about the USA election. It also wouldn’t have worked, since I filled out my ballot weeks ago.)
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Just looking at the threads where I posted in the last few days, and this post made me laugh out loud.

Celll ponies service?

Café friends: please make sure you have due respect for celll ponies service.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:

Which would have been nice, since I didn't actually get around to mailing my ballot until yesterday. €3.80! I literally had to pay to vote. Here's looking to doing it online in the future....

Isn't this voter suppression?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Vote vote vote (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL