The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New at "Copper and Silver" Best Routine on VHS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I'm afraid I'm going to have to call this bet as time and humor value have run out.

I hereby name myself the theoretical winner of the wager on the grounds that... I called it first. I further establish that Jeff was referring to a scotch-n-soda type coin set, and not any other set or single piece gaff item. I stake this claim also on the grounds that ... I called it first. Pursuant to the pre-established terms of the afore mentioned wager, James and Rob are hereby and hence forward duly notified that they, as defined by that group which consists of James and Rob, owe me "one good original" (effect), which, when multiplied by the number of constituent group members, totals two "good originals" (effects).

There! That seems to make everything nice and legal. I believe that I would have made a good politician.
:hysteric:

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
*Looks around*...BLAST!

I knew I was being scammed on these forums. *mumbles something under his breath as he goes through his magic notes for an original effect for Mike*
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Sent a note to the guy who started this.

For all we know this might have been a mispost to another thread. Or maybe he wanted to know our favorite episode of "Sapphire and Steel"?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
What is this? Kindergarten?

"I called it first!!"

Sorry the bet stands until otherwise noted. Not be me, not by you. Jeff is the guy that seals the deal.

Failing to return a response to this thread makes the bet null and void.

Just because you called it first doesn't mean you are right.

That's like saying the guy you called the dinosaur Brontosaurous was right because he called it that first, even though they found that the head of the beast was on the wrong dinosaur.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Well, in that case....I think Mike now owes me his Todd Lassen sets!
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Thanks Jon. I should have thought of that before I claimed title to the bet.

James,

Now, now... let's not get testy. I was merely having a bit of fun. You must really want to win this bet Smile

I feel flattered that the thought of missing out on one of my original effects would elicit such a powerful response. Rob, you should feel the same way man!

However, as self-proclaimed theoretical winner, I want it to be known that I still maintain faith in my original prediction... and the bet continues.... Smile

Best,

Mike

Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
So...you will be sending your Lassen sets when?
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
You can have my Lassen sets Rob... All you have to do is successfully take them away from me >:P However, I humbly submit that, bearing in mind how closely you know I hold them, it would be no small task.

If you are unable to get them for any reason, wouldn't that mean that I'd be entitled to yours? Smile

Best,

Mike

James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Sorry Mike, seemed like you were serious on that one.

I figure the bet stands, just wishing Jeff might say something.

I would take you up on the Lassen thing, but I don't have any shell sets to put for offering.

But I have been practicing my pickpocketing a lot at the restaurant ..... Smile
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Quote:
On 2004-05-12 15:00, WildStone wrote:
You can have my Lassen sets Rob... All you have to do is successfully take them away from me >:P However, I humbly submit that, bearing in mind how closely you know I hold them, it would be no small task.

If you are unable to get them for any reason, wouldn't that mean that I'd be entitled to yours? Smile

Best,

Mike

Ok. excuse me...

*runs to the back room to put on his Full Plate Mail*
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Plate mail would still leave bruises.

I'd suggest just drugging him with a dart gun. I mean, I can't see Mike going all the way to Utah to get them back. lol
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Dart gun.....Dart Gun.....

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH......

but could it penetrate that big brute's skin?
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
How about this for an idea? If we don't hear from Jeff within the next two weeks, we EACH send the other two an original effect? I don't mind parting with one if I get a couple in return.

And Mike, you must admit that it's extremely gracious of me to make such an offer because there is NO WAY Jeff is referring to a Scotch and Soda. Smile Think about it -- if he was talking about Scotch and Soda, why wouldn't he refer to it as such?

Pay up, sucka!
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
James - No problem. My sense of humor is ify at best sometimes.

Rob (J) - Instead of locking in mortal combat for Lassen gaffs, we should (especially you, after your long wait) give thanks for what we have, maybe start a support group for people still waiting for theirs, and generally feel pretty good about ourselves and our coin sets. Oh, and darts do penetrate me. I participated in league darts with the Minuteman Dart League in MA, and professional tournaments with the ADO & WDO for about 15 years, and have been soundly punctured several times while standing at the scoreboard. Never by a pro shooter, but... ouch, anyway. Once I got a scud dart in the foot, and had to stand there motionless while the player threw her last Smile

Rob (E) - I like the sound of that. It's good to share, and I'd be happy to participate. However, I hold firm to the S&S theory, simply because Jeff worded his post in a plural sense... calling what he has "Copper and Silver", instead of copper/silver or C/S coin. I may be wrong, but I don't think so Smile. But your offer is very gracious nonetheless. Smile

Best,

Mike

Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Mike,

That's exactly why I immediately thought he was referring to Ultimate Copper and Silver, which, although similar in effect to Scotch and Soda, would not win you the bet. Smile

I hope Jeff shows up eventually to settle this once and for all. Do you think he has any idea how much discussion and debate he's created?
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Quote:
On 2004-05-13 06:31, WildStone wrote:
James - No problem. My sense of humor is ify at best sometimes.

Rob (J) - Instead of locking in mortal combat for Lassen gaffs, we should (especially you, after your long wait) give thanks for what we have, maybe start a support group for people still waiting for theirs, and generally feel pretty good about ourselves and our coin sets. Oh, and darts do penetrate me. I participated in league darts with the Minuteman Dart League in MA, and professional tournaments with the ADO & WDO for about 15 years, and have been soundly punctured several times while standing at the scoreboard. Never by a pro shooter, but... ouch, anyway. Once I got a scud dart in the foot, and had to stand there motionless while the player threw her last Smile

Rob (E) - I like the sound of that. It's good to share, and I'd be happy to participate. However, I hold firm to the S&S theory, simply because Jeff worded his post in a plural sense... calling what he has "Copper and Silver", instead of copper/silver or C/S coin. I may be wrong, but I don't think so Smile. But your offer is very gracious nonetheless. Smile

Best,

Mike

Support Group. I like that, ecspecially now since Todd is more backed up than usual (which is amazing).

"Hello, my name is Rob, I have been waiting for 1 month and 1/2. Sometimes I dream of the shiny silver in my hand....sometimes I wake up and scream 'EXPANDED!' I need help."

I do believe that we would actually be locked in Immortal Combat and would end up like Superman vs. Doomsday in the final issue.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I'm glad you told me that Rob, I was getting a sliding, locking shell set kind of feeling, but if Todd's swamped, I'll wait a few months to call him Smile

I always liked Iron Man as far as comic book super heros go. I'm probably dated myself here, but I remember in the late 70's he fought Iron Fist (who most people under the age of 35 will not have heard of). I liked that issue, and have always wanted to have iron fists (Iron Fist kicked the crap out of Iron Man).

Maybe there's a totally new and original name for my next manuscript / booklet.... Fist of Iron! well, it's not new, nor is it original, but it's a cool title anyway Smile

Mike

Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
While Iron Man is definitely cool, Spider-Man will always be my favorite. Maybe that's why I like the Spider Vanish so much. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New at "Copper and Silver" Best Routine on VHS (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL