The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » *NEW* Pyro Wallet by Adam Wilber (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of mayhem
After seeing why the didn't give direct credit in the ad, this helps E's credibility in my book. Order going in...
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
706 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Yeah, that's pretty horrific. But good on E on this one.

Looking forward to the reviews and thoughts on the prep/set up.
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
355 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Yeah, don't want your company/website to fall into a google search algorithm with a person like that. Smart move on Ellusionist part.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, BritishMagic wrote:
Kinda bugs me that they release this but the marker I pre-ordered has been pushed back... (Yah, I'm impatient! Lol)

I also didn't see it mention hot leads specifically, but it does say that :
"rest assured the person is credited in the video instructions as part of the history in creating this apparatus".
So I assume (hope) they credited correctly. (Wouldn't be surprised if it's an addition at the end of the video)

Starts shipping tomorrow. Sorry it got held up in the shipping process, but now it's in our warehouse, we're getting it out to you all ASAP.

- G
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Good news we will be getting this the UK next week.

The item will be listed on our website for pre order pending its arrival later today.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
I do like this new trend from E for more revealing trailers, especially when its a bit of technical kit that one can't just reproduce.

Does Jim Pace financially benefit from this product at all? I assume that E must have paid for the rights to produce this or otherwise it's just a knock off, albeit an improved one.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2262 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
This is really well made. It’s such a cool effect I gotta make sure it doesn’t trump the magic in my set! Is there a time limit for using wicked business cards? Even dried can wicked cards be used after a long time so you don’t need fresh ones?
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
I'd still be interested to know if Jim Pace benefits financially from this product at all. Has he been paid for rights to produce this?

Geraint, can you please comment on this question?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3976 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Seems pretty well made. Wish the igniter button was a little better but not a major issue. The compartment holds about 5 prepped cards which should be plenty for an hr show and you can carry other prepped cards in a small ziplock if you need to reload. Looking forward to giving this a whirl
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2262 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Eric my only beef is the crummy quality of the plastic holder. Think it would destroy wallet too much if we superglued it to the sides for easy insertion? Btw for those that don’t have it, this is still a great product worth having.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of rasp
Those that have the wallet........ How far in advance can the cards be prepared before they no longer work, and is there a significant odour to the wallet after it has been used.

An afterthought ........ would this wallet, once it has been used, have any trouble being taken through security before boarding an aircraft?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4097 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2018, rasp wrote:
Those that have the wallet........ How far in advance can the cards be prepared before they no longer work, and is there a significant odour to the wallet after it has been used.

An afterthought ........ would this wallet, once it has been used, have any trouble being taken through security before boarding an aircraft?

Cards are basically prepped on the spot. I'm basing this off the Hot Leads product which I'm pretty sure applies to the E product. So here's the breakdown based on that:

1) Cards are not prepped in advanced. What you have is a work side of the wallet where the card that will be ignited comes out of. The pocket itself is prepped which in turn automatically preps the card you stick into that pocket. There's a odor to the wallet but from my personal experience, it doesn't take away from the effect for the audience (they really are not paying that much attention to the odors, especially since the card bursts into flames pretty much immediately after you pull it out of the wallet).

2) You're likely going to have trouble with carrying the wallet on board a plane as a carry on. The reasons are as follows:

Even if you don't have the wallet set up (meaning no fluid), there's a battery pack inside the wallet and there's a heating element that is clear as day when they open up the wallet. So TSA already has questions with suspicious looking battery packs + the heating element makes it possible for them to treat it as they would a lighter (not allowed on board a flight).
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
I have Hot Leads and have used it for years. Did have trouble with TSA a while back and had to have the unit mailed to me. Storing the prepared business cards was no problem. The quality of the business card wallet is nice. Many magic items are moving toward USB charging of battery packs. As long as the durability is good, I'm in agreement with the use of the additional technology. The Hot Leads is rather Old School, but still very functional.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I got Hot Leads when it first came out and when I first started using it I think I soaked my cards a little to much as the flame was really big and

Pretty impressive. The magic shop here demo's it all the time and has sold a bunch.

But this new one looks pretty good.

Hot leads hold more business cards.

Warning if you have long hair as I do......

Be Careful.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of rasp
Thanks for taking the time to answer those couple of questions, very much appreciated.

Rasp.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4097 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, rasp wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to answer those couple of questions, very much appreciated.

Rasp.

Also of note, the E wallet states that it holds 25 cards. You're not going to be able to go through all 25 cards with a single prepping of the "hot" side of the wallet. You'll be able to get a few cards worth out of it before having to refill the "hot" side. So if you're thinking about giving out 10 flaming cards at a event, you're likely going to have to carry a small container of the solution around to refill the "hot" side. This solution is super easy to find and most of the folks reading this would already know what this solution is.

The heating element on the E wallet is also a huge improved over Hot Leads (not to mention the fact that you can recharge the E version, that was a huge limitation of Hot Leads, you couldn't replace or recharge the battery). Hot Leads used what was essentially a nichrome or equivalent heating element which does take a second or two to heat up, the E version from what I can tell in their ad copy creates a instantaneous spark so will not require a ramp up like the nichrome or equivalent style heating elements do. It was more of a two step with the Hot Leads, I recall I had to also load it with a bit of flash paper. The wire heats up, lit the flash paper, and the flash paper in turn lit the card. The E version is much improved in this respect.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of rasp
How long does the 'hot side' of the wallet last for before needing to be prepped again if not used immediately?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4097 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, rasp wrote:
How long does the 'hot side' of the wallet last for before needing to be prepped again if not used immediately?

Quite some time. It really depends on how much air you're exposing the wallet to since it has to do with evaporation. I would say that it would be along the lines of a fire wallet. A bit better than the fire wallet though because due to the nature of it, the reservoir is exposed to air less than the fire box on a fire wallet.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of rasp
Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » *NEW* Pyro Wallet by Adam Wilber (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL