The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » *NEW* Pyro Wallet by Adam Wilber (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
CoffeeWithMagic
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of CoffeeWithMagic
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, rasp wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to answer those couple of questions, very much appreciated.

Rasp.


Also of note, the E wallet states that it holds 25 cards. You're not going to be able to go through all 25 cards with a single prepping of the "hot" side of the wallet. You'll be able to get a few cards worth out of it before having to refill the "hot" side. So if you're thinking about giving out 10 flaming cards at a event, you're likely going to have to carry a small container of the solution around to refill the "hot" side. This solution is super easy to find and most of the folks reading this would already know what this solution is.

The heating element on the E wallet is also a huge improved over Hot Leads (not to mention the fact that you can recharge the E version, that was a huge limitation of Hot Leads, you couldn't replace or recharge the battery). Hot Leads used what was essentially a nichrome or equivalent heating element which does take a second or two to heat up, the E version from what I can tell in their ad copy creates a instantaneous spark so will not require a ramp up like the nichrome or equivalent style heating elements do. It was more of a two step with the Hot Leads, I recall I had to also load it with a bit of flash paper. The wire heats up, lit the flash paper, and the flash paper in turn lit the card. The E version is much improved in this respect.


My Hot Leads must have been different, because what mine uses can be found and replaced pretty easily. Were there a few models of it maybe? Mine used no flash paper, and was instant every single time.
I watched the trailer for this one, and the heating element definitely looks interesting, but I just don't think I would want to walk around with this in my pocket, and it's a bit bigger than the Hot Leads design, which was just for business cards really, and not a full wallet size.
I do like the concealed design of this one, and I'm almost curious if buying this one and adapting it to a Hot Leads type of business card wallet would be better?
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2018, CoffeeWithMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, rasp wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to answer those couple of questions, very much appreciated.

Rasp.


Also of note, the E wallet states that it holds 25 cards. You're not going to be able to go through all 25 cards with a single prepping of the "hot" side of the wallet. You'll be able to get a few cards worth out of it before having to refill the "hot" side. So if you're thinking about giving out 10 flaming cards at a event, you're likely going to have to carry a small container of the solution around to refill the "hot" side. This solution is super easy to find and most of the folks reading this would already know what this solution is.

The heating element on the E wallet is also a huge improved over Hot Leads (not to mention the fact that you can recharge the E version, that was a huge limitation of Hot Leads, you couldn't replace or recharge the battery). Hot Leads used what was essentially a nichrome or equivalent heating element which does take a second or two to heat up, the E version from what I can tell in their ad copy creates a instantaneous spark so will not require a ramp up like the nichrome or equivalent style heating elements do. It was more of a two step with the Hot Leads, I recall I had to also load it with a bit of flash paper. The wire heats up, lit the flash paper, and the flash paper in turn lit the card. The E version is much improved in this respect.


My Hot Leads must have been different, because what mine uses can be found and replaced pretty easily. Were there a few models of it maybe? Mine used no flash paper, and was instant every single time.
I watched the trailer for this one, and the heating element definitely looks interesting, but I just don't think I would want to walk around with this in my pocket, and it's a bit bigger than the Hot Leads design, which was just for business cards really, and not a full wallet size.
I do like the concealed design of this one, and I'm almost curious if buying this one and adapting it to a Hot Leads type of business card wallet would be better?


Yes I have the same Hot Leads I think.No flash paper just a lighter.
There was another fire wallet that he put out with an element and flash paper. It was terrible.
My Hot Leads is still working well after many years .
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3970 Posts

Profile of emyers99
The ignition system in this is far superior to everything else I’ve used over the years. Completely silent and instantaneous. Thus far, mine works flawlessly.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Our delivery of Pyro Wallet to the UK is on schedule and will be with us on Friday, maybe Thursday if we are lucky with the courier service.

Order yours here https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ist.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
I'd still be interested to know if Jim Pace benefits financially from this product at all. Has he been paid for rights to produce this?

Geraint, can you please comment on this question?


Jim Pace does not financially benefit from this product.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4097 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2018, chappelly wrote:

Yes I have the same Hot Leads I think.No flash paper just a lighter.
There was another fire wallet that he put out with an element and flash paper. It was terrible.
My Hot Leads is still working well after many years .


Quote:
On Nov 13, 2018, CoffeeWithMagic wrote:

My Hot Leads must have been different, because what mine uses can be found and replaced pretty easily. Were there a few models of it maybe? Mine used no flash paper, and was instant every single time.
I watched the trailer for this one, and the heating element definitely looks interesting, but I just don't think I would want to walk around with this in my pocket, and it's a bit bigger than the Hot Leads design, which was just for business cards really, and not a full wallet size.
I do like the concealed design of this one, and I'm almost curious if buying this one and adapting it to a Hot Leads type of business card wallet would be better?


Completely be possible that I am mis-remembering here (I bought virtually all of the Jim Pace fire products that he came out with). May actually have been a lighter (this must have been what now? over a decade back at least?) but I do recall there having been two versions of Hot Leads that came out so... there is that.

Regardless, the spark approach to light the card appears to be far superior and more dependable (that's basically what the E version does, instead of a flint striking to get the initial spark or lighting flash paper for the same purpose, the E version just creates a instantaneous electrical spark).
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2035 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Just got this but sadly it’s apparently DOA. I’m awaiting a response to email I sent to Ellusionist regarding repair or exchange but nothing yet.
Great tutorial by Adam Wilber, well taught and very thorough...
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3157 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
1st shipping and DOA? It happpens but man, that’s beat
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
mantel
View Profile
Special user
698 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
I'd still be interested to know if Jim Pace benefits financially from this product at all. Has he been paid for rights to produce this?

Geraint, can you please comment on this question?


Jim Pace does not financially benefit from this product.


It's a knock off then, Great!

Quote:
On Nov 9, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
I assume that E must have paid for the rights to produce this or otherwise it's just a knock off, albeit an improved one.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
698 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, Phatmeat wrote:
On the product page:

"Regarding crediting:
For reasons that are probably pretty obvious to those in the know, I’m not going to mention the person’s name on this page. But rest assured the person is credited in the video instructions as part of the history in creating this apparatus. Also rest assured, Ellusionist has upgraded, streamlined, high-technologied, and qualitied-up the product to the Nth degree. That’s why I put Adam Wilber on it, it’s what he does as product developer. The person in question is credited fully in the instructions, but I will not put them onto the actual product page given the circumstances.
~ Brad Christian"


So give him credit on the video but not in the ad copy while saying "For reasons that are probably pretty obvious to those in the know" makes no sense. If the "reasons" are so egregious, then why credit him at all? See the logic doesn't work. Either give FULL credit EVERYWHERE or no credit ANYWHERE.


They credit him because Pyro Wallet is based on the concept/product he created. They can't give no credit ANYWHERE because if they do "some magicians" will complain, as Ellusionist doesn't have a 100% track record of asking permission to use other magician's intellectual property and/or giving magician's the credit that they're due.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2018, mantel wrote:
Ellusionist doesn't have a 100% track record of asking permission to use other magician's intellectual property and/or giving magician's the credit that they're due.


My point exactly.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
I'd still be interested to know if Jim Pace benefits financially from this product at all. Has he been paid for rights to produce this?

Geraint, can you please comment on this question?


Jim Pace does not financially benefit from this product.


Thanks Geraint
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
The ad says "Adam gave away 200 flaming business cards in one show." So how often did he have to refill the "well"?

The issue with Hot Leads is prepping the reservoir to hold the card. It's super difficult to do and impossible to keep the fluid in there long enough to use. When it's time to use 10-30 minutes later, the fluid and business card is already dry. How has this been addressed with Pyro Wallet?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, itsmagic wrote:
The ad says "Adam gave away 200 flaming business cards in one show." So how often did he have to refill the "well"?

The issue with Hot Leads is prepping the reservoir to hold the card. It's super difficult to do and impossible to keep the fluid in there long enough to use. When it's time to use 10-30 minutes later, the fluid and business card is already dry. How has this been addressed with Pyro Wallet?


Now these have arrived in stock and I now have one myself I can comment.

There is no well of higher fluid so no worry about topping up during a gig which is good. You carry spare cards in a zip lock bag and refill the wallet as you need them.
I'm just doing a test, the cards have been in the wallet an hour, I'll leave them for 2 hours and see if they light and report back.

It is well made.

Works great.

Looks amazing in use.

I found you can adjust the spark size, mine was quite small, it worked but took maybe a second to light, by spreading the arms a fraction my spark doubled and it works amazingly.

We have a few left in stock and more on order if we show out of stock https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ist.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1512 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Do the cards smell like lighter fluid? If so I would never want to hand them out to potential clients
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5039 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Do the cards smell like lighter fluid? If so I would never want to hand them out to potential clients


Anytime I did this with my Hot Leads, yes they did smell.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Ok, I couldn't wait 1 hour 25 minutes in the wallet and they work just fine.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4097 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Ah, so for this you have to prep the cards themselves. With this in mind, I kind of like the Hot Lead method of prep better TBH. Just wished that the Hot Leads wallet prepped area was a bit more airtight so that you didn't have to top it off so often.
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Hi, I just left them for six hours in the wallet. test was successful.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
Ah, so for this you have to prep the cards themselves. With this in mind, I kind of like the Hot Lead method of prep better TBH. Just wished that the Hot Leads wallet prepped area was a bit more airtight so that you didn't have to top it off so often.


You could put liquid in the wallet but that brings safety risks with it as excess fluid can be dragged up and also spilt if the wallet was tipped up.

Prepping the cards in my view is a much safer way of doing this and it is proving to be very reliable.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » *NEW* Pyro Wallet by Adam Wilber (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL