The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ *NEW* Pyro Wallet by Adam Wilber (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Suffolk
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Suffolk
Why have two posts about Jim Paceís criminal record been deleted.
Are the mods trying to conceal his wrongdoing?
Thatís creepy AF.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1357 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Bit weird having my post removed. People suggesting jim pace should be credited and I just pointed out he molested kids and deserves nothing from anyone. People should know about him as I wouldnt want to buy something like the web knowing I was supporting a nonce
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1069 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, makulit974 wrote:
Hi, I just left them for six hours in the wallet. test was successful.

That's encouraging. Just placed my order. Hopefully card prep is simple and works well.
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, itsmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, makulit974 wrote:
Hi, I just left them for six hours in the wallet. test was successful.

That's encouraging. Just placed my order. Hopefully card prep is simple and works well.

Prep is very easy and quick. Honestly nothing to worry about.
itís worth mentioning that it will not work with all business cards.
I have two types of business cards, a simple one with white background that I use in some of my routines. Itís made of basic card stock.
The second one is high end with gold foil and thick card stock. It doesnít work with those. The fire burns the gold instantly.

The simpler the card the better in this instance.
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
707 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Do the cards smell like lighter fluid? If so I would never want to hand them out to potential clients

Anytime I did this with my Hot Leads, yes they did smell.

Much worse if the magician smells like lighter fluid. Seems to be an issue with products of this type. Wonder how they fixed that problem....
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
mantel
View Profile
Special user
539 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, corpmagi wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Do the cards smell like lighter fluid? If so I would never want to hand them out to potential clients

Anytime I did this with my Hot Leads, yes they did smell.

Much worse if the magician smells like lighter fluid. Seems to be an issue with products of this type. Wonder how they fixed that problem....

I don't think they did...

Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Looks very cool.

Is it the wallet going to reek of lighter fluid though and stink up your pocket?
P
Kind of a deal breaker if so but still very cool looking

Of course it is. How can it not when even having a Zippo in the pocket makes your pocket smell like it's been doused in lighter fluid?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
The overnight test worked which is amazing it lasts that long in the wallet.

I don't get all this discussion about smell, fire wallets have been around for nearly ever, you should all know what the implications are of using one or something similar.

As you practice with yes the room will smell, go out with it in a normal way and use it as instructed I doubt anyone will smell anything on you.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:

I don't get all this discussion about smell, fire wallets have been around for nearly ever, you should all know what the implications are of using one or something similar.

As you practice with yes the room will smell, go out with it in a normal way and use it as instructed I doubt anyone will smell anything on you.

The difference between this and a fire wallet is that you are giving out the business card to potential clients. Adam makes great claims in the promo of how he uses this for marketing however iím bringing up the fact that I donít think my corporate clients would appreciate me handing them a card stinking of fuel? A fire wallet itself smells of fuel, but the card out of it handed to the spectator does not.

If the promo didnít place such an emphasis on it being the best way to hand out your card to clients, I wouldnít have brought it up but that just doesnít seem like reality as most people arenít going to want a lighter fluid soaked card. Mabe I just donít get it. It does seem like a well made product that if you donít see the same issue as I do, then it appears like a winner.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I don't see the same issue, once lit the card does not light again as the fuel will be burnt off.

Do clients sniff business cards?

Some will see problems with this product which is fine, not every products suits everyone.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Quote:

The difference between this and a fire wallet is that you are giving out the business card to potential clients. Adam makes great claims in the promo of how he uses this for marketing however iím bringing up the fact that I donít think my corporate clients would appreciate me handing them a card stinking of fuel? A fire wallet itself smells of fuel, but the card out of it handed to the spectator does not.

If the promo didnít place such an emphasis on it being the best way to hand out your card to clients, I wouldnít have brought it up but that just doesnít seem like reality as most people arenít going to want a lighter fluid soaked card. Mabe I just donít get it. It does seem like a well made product that if you donít see the same issue as I do, then it appears like a winner.

The card is only soaked in lighter fluid if you donít light it. Once itís been lit, itís not soaked anymore...
There will be a residual smell but only faint. I donít see it being a problem even in corporate settings.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
943 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
You can buy special fluid without any smell at all.

https://www.kaktus-fx.com/
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2018, makulit974 wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Quote:

Interesting! Thanks for your thoughts.

The card is only soaked in lighter fluid if you donít light it. Once itís been lit, itís not soaked anymore...
There will be a residual smell but only faint. I donít see it being a problem even in corporate settings.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
How long does it take to treat the cards ?
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
About 5 seconds
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3751 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I did this 10 times last night. Reactions were great and the fire was huge. I did notice though that people were hesitant to touch the cards let alone keep them.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Didn't understood if you treat the card right before you take the card out, the wallet has a fluid reservoir?

Thanks!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3751 Posts

Profile of emyers99
You treat them first then put them in wallet. Plastic pouch in wallet holds the cards.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
520 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
A question for owners of this wallet. I bought one but the blue light in the wallet never went out when I was charging it to indicate the charge was complete. Any of you experience this? (I was told by the folks at Ellusionist that the light should go out when fully charged - about one hour.)
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
520 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I am quite surprised that my request for an owner of this wallet to let me know about the blue lightís status on charging. I really would like to know if other of you owners have the blue light go out after about an hour to signify it is fully charged. (It looks like my post was a ďthread killerĒ ????)
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I've asked if the video is incorrect because mine and another I have tried the light stays on and works fine.

With it having been the weekend and UK time difference I don't expect to hear for at least another 6 hours.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ *NEW* Pyro Wallet by Adam Wilber (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL